Thread: Regarding the Magma Rock...

Default Regarding the Magma Rock...

So how did each of you personally find out where to use the Magma Rock?

I remember as a kid at that part, I didn't really pay enough attention to what Kain was saying about the Magma Rock, and I regretted it. I ended up just flying around with the airship visiting places and getting a few levels out of boredom. Agart happened to be one of the places I stopped by at. I talked to the well out of boredom, and I was suprised when it prompted me to use an item. Every other time I visited it, there was no item prompt. I figured that I needed to use the Magma Rock on the well. It ended up making that big hole in the Agart Mountains and I thought to myself "well there's no point in that. There's a hole surrounding that tower near that Eblan place and I can't enter that hole. What makes this hole any different?" I decided to try landing on it anyways, and was suprised that the spinny effect took place. I entered the Underworld and the rest is history.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I am not sure. I might have called the Nintendo Hotline when I played it as a kid or I might have figured it out for myself. Honestly, it has been so long that I cannot remember.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The SNES version's manual gave a walkthrough of the game up until that point actually...

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Does it? I thought that the walkthrough ended when you go up to the Tower of Zot.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    The SNES version's manual gave a walkthrough of the game up until that point actually...
    Ah, that would've definitely came in useful back when I was playing it as a kid.

But then again, it feels awesome knowing that I beat the game completely without it.

...though it would've really saved me a lot of frustration during the Dark Knight and Magus sisters battle.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Does it? I thought that the walkthrough ended when you go up to the Tower of Zot.
    Nope, it goes all the way to Agart and then stops when you enter the underworld.