Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dexter Season 7

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

goddamn it I have not seen the latest episode and am subscribed to this thread and am SEEING SPOILERS IN MY EMAIL, WHY IS THIS

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

1. Why are you subscribed to a thread that will contain spoilers before you've seen the episode?

2. More importantly, why haven't you seen the latest episode yet?

Fail.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Because I don't have smurfing Showtime and I was going to watch it after work tonight and also I subscribe to every smurfing thread I post in.

Also because I spent all last night watching Newsradio, so don't you dare condemn me for watching that instead.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Only two episodes in and I can already tell this is going to be one of my favorite seasons when it's all said and done. Fantastic show.

Does anyone else notice that someone from a previous season always gets written off a couple episodes into the next season?

For example:

-In the end of season 1 they were pumping up Pascal coming to Miami Metro, only to have her leave in the beginning of season 2. (LaGuerta sleeping with her fiance storyline, anyone?)

-Debs boyfriend Anton in season 3, leaves in season 4.

-Anderson coming on season 6, only to be killed at the beginning of this season.

Not to say that their leaving the show wasn't written well, I guess I was just surprised because I thought all of these people were going to be series regulars.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Every show has that one thing that you know is going to happen but they drag it out forever. Usually it's just the two main characters hooking up, which gets old. Deb finding out about Dexter is one of my favorite things that has ever happened on TV. I love you, TV.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Dexter and Deb and Dexter v Nerdrage are both great. But what the hell is this Russian mob angle?

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Wtf is with Dexter and Deb yelling "Deb I didn't kill anyone!!" "Well how am I supposed to know that!!!" in the middle of like 20 policemen? But yeah, another good episode.

Did anyone else notice how this show seems to go in cycles? Season 1 was amazing, 2 was good, 3 was meh, 4 was back to amazing, 5 was good, 6 was meh and now it seems (although it's early to say) like it's back on top again.

Edit: Also Louis is definitely a lot sicker than his nerdrage façade.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think the cycle has a lot to do with our expectations: "This season is awesome!! This season is not as good as last season. This show has gone downhill; my expectations are lowered. This season is awesome!!" etc.

I like the mob thing. Someone's finally on Dexter's tail. Other than cops, I mean. And he's got the temptation to kill someone who's not a murderer but is really pissing him off.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    I think the cycle has a lot to do with our expectations: "This season is awesome!! This season is not as good as last season. This show has gone downhill; my expectations are lowered. This season is awesome!!" etc.
    Having gone back and rewatched the first five seasons, season 3 is definitely the weakest. I haven't rewatched season 6, but there was plenty bad about it too, especially in the second half.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This just came to mind:

Does anyone know if Colin Hanks came back to "lay on the table" for episode 1 this season? I didn't get a good look at his face.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I'm sure the writers already had the scene written, and they filmed it during the same shoot from last season. It seems pretty weird that they would have to come back to the church 6 months later and set everything back up just the way it was, when they knew from the start that they'd need to show the rest of the scene.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Great new episode. The development of Deb's latest realization about Dexter was handled pretty perfectly, and it will be interesting to see where it goes from here. It looks like Deb is leaning towards letting Dexter do his work as long as she has nothing to do with it.

However, I'm not sure about the Ukrainians tracking the bracelet to a specific slip to a specific boat which necessarily proves it was that specific owner. That seems like glossing over some technological and logical leaps to further the plot. But I can't complain too much, especially because they killed Louis. Thank god.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I liked the Louis plot, but they took care of it right before it started to get old.

I want Deb to be the new Harry, giver of The Code.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Man, that just wasn't Louis's day.

I like... Isaac, is it? The main mobster fella.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

With as big a dick as Louis was he kind of got off easy with the bullet to the head.

I agree though Psychotic, that mobster fella is pretty cool. Educated, well spoken fellow who will blow your brains out in a public marina or jam a screwdriver in your eye without any hesitation. One of my favourite kinds of psychopaths.