Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dexter Season 7

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I am thoroughly enjoying this season so far.

I'm glad that Louis' story didn't drag out too long - I mean he didn't seem like he'd be a huge threat to Dexter, just a minor annoyance. I mean, his big plan was to sink Dexter's ship. What a danger to everyone!

But, I am interested in seeing how Dexter and Deb's relationship breaks down. xD I don't think that Deb will be able to deal with all the stuff that is going down.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I'm glad that Louis' story didn't drag out too long - I mean he didn't seem like he'd be a huge threat to Dexter, just a minor annoyance. I mean, his big plan was to sink Dexter's ship. What a danger to everyone!
    I kind of figured he'd escalate into full psycho mode with everything Dexter did. Then he was on the boat with a drill being an inept loser. I'm a bit disappointed the drill didn't see any use, but his end was still rather fitting. He started out as a stupid little bastard desperate for Dexter's approval and he died because he was a stupid bastard throwing a fit because Dexter hurt his feelings.

Still, I would have liked to have some confirmation about how much he knew and why he was so obsessed with Dexter. I assume it's just because his brother was the ice truck killer. I'd like to think if you knew that someone was the Bay Harbor Butcher you would know not to smurf with him.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz View Post
    Wtf is with Dexter and Deb yelling "Deb I didn't kill anyone!!" "Well how am I supposed to know that!!!" in the middle of like 20 policemen?
    I figured that the people around them would take it as exaggeration. It's like when someone says "It's not like I'm Superman you know!". I thought the people around them would take it metaphorically or something.

I'm sure the writers already had the scene written, and they filmed it during the same shoot from last season. It seems pretty weird that they would have to come back to the church 6 months later and set everything back up just the way it was, when they knew from the start that they'd need to show the rest of the scene.
    I thought the same thing at first, but then I remembered back when Dexter found Rita dead in the bathtub, you could tell at the start of the next season that it was shot at a different time.

I am dying to watch it's upcoming 7th season....I am very big fan of this show Dexter....I watched last two episode of this ....it was Awesome ..I like these kind of Action Shows ....Another Terra Nova is also a good Action show.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I kind of figured he'd escalate into full psycho mode with everything Dexter did. Then he was on the boat with a drill being an inept loser. I'm a bit disappointed the drill didn't see any use, but his end was still rather fitting. He started out as a stupid little bastard desperate for Dexter's approval and he died because he was a stupid bastard throwing a fit because Dexter hurt his feelings.
    Pretty much my thoughts too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Wtf is with Dexter and Deb yelling "Deb I didn't kill anyone!!" "Well how am I supposed to know that!!!" in the middle of like 20 policemen?
    I figured that the people around them would take it as exaggeration. It's like when someone says "It's not like I'm Superman you know!". I thought the people around them would take it metaphorically or something.
    Yeah I mean I figured the same thing, but that doesn't make it less of a stupid thing to do. xD

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just realized that the woman who plays Miranda Lawson in the Mass Effect 2 & 3 is in this season. I was wondering where I remembered her and why she looked so familiar. I was really wondering why she looked like a blonde version of Michael Jackson and lo and behold, she's Miranda Lawson.

The scene of Dexter and that guy yelling FUUUUCK needs to be looped.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    I just realized that the woman who plays Miranda Lawson in the Mass Effect 2 & 3 is in this season. I was wondering where I remembered her and why she looked so familiar. I was really wondering why she looked like a blonde version of Michael Jackson and lo and behold, she's Miranda Lawson.
    She was also the girl in Chuck, and it took me a very long time to notice this (like 2-3 seasons of the show). I admire your quick noticing skills!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The first half of the episode was good, and the last half of the episode was good, with a lot of great suspense and development. But the middle was such a gigantic mass of obnoxious stupidity that I really had trouble taking the show seriously.

Painfully wrong legal clichés occur on TV all the time, but rarely with this density and to this degree. The Speltzer plot was forced forward so ridiculously that for a bit the show lost all believability. I know many of you won't care, but I just feel like ranting about some of this, so I'll put it below spoilers.

Legal crap1. You know that part where Speltzer is read his rights immediately after being arrested? You know how many times that has happened in the history of ever? ZERO. I know Law & Order popularized the conception of being read your rights as soon as the cuffs go on, but this doesn’t actually happen, and certainly not after a suspect has to be forcibly detained. You don’t have to Mirandize anyone until they’re asked questions, so cops will just arrest someone and not ask questions until they’re back at the police station.

2. You know that part where it’s implied that the ONLY time Speltzer was read his rights was immediately after the cuffs went on? You know how many times that has happened in the history of ever? ZERO. My criminal procedure professor called Miranda the great gift to police, because it tells them EXACTLY what they have to do to make sure subsequent statements can be admitted, and in modern times cops generally follow it to the letter. It is standard procedure even for cops in the middle of bumsmurf nowhere to read Miranda prior to an initial interview, and usually before each future interview as well. And many places even have the suspects sign a waiver of those rights at the start of every interview.

3. You know that part where Speltzer walks free immediately after seeing a judge the next day? Take a wild guess how often that’s happened in the history of ever. That’s right, ZERO. You can’t just go up to the first judge you see and demand he do whatever you want (and a motions judge can exclude evidence, not order someone’s release). Pre-trial motions for this sort of thing can take months and months. I have a client right now where we had a pre-trial motion to exclude a confession, and he’s been in jail pending trial for almost a year.

Glaring plothole4. Related to number 3 but more just a glaring plothole than legal stupidity: even if the incriminating statement was thrown out, why the smurf would he be magically let go? Do you remember what the cops did before they had the confession? Oh that’s right, ARRESTED HIM. What’s changed? The probable cause for that doesn’t randomly disappear just because subsequently-obtained evidence was thrown out. And the cops still had his DNA at his little shrine in the cemetery, and even without the circumstantial evidence of the house and the similar appearances that Deb saw (despite the mask), that is almost certainly cause to arrest and indict Speltzer, even if it might not be enough for trial (trust me, DAs have pushed forward with weaker). Even without any legal knowledge at all, this last point is mind-bogglingly stupid.

This episode had some more great development between Dexter and Deb, but to me some of it was lost in the sea of mind-numbing stupidity of the above. I was embarrassed for the writers.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm glad I was crafting while I watched it so I missed all that stuff.

P.S.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    I want Deb to be the new Harry, giver of The Code.
    This is something I can get behind, especially with the ending of the latest episode.

I was a little concerned about how things would go from the first episode, but so far it's not disappointing. Not only are the Russians on Dexter's tail, soon he's going to have LaGuerta on it. Anxious to see what happens. I would have kindof liked them to leave dweebie little intern alive a little longer so it could be Dexter Morgan vs. The World but he's dead now so that's a no go.

Obvious imminent love stuff with Hannah coming up. The writers definitely wanted him to be into blondes.

Huh, who knew getting tranquilized in a moment of bliss and then waking up naked and bound to the horror of a dude about to stab you, but then lets you go, ends up in a super sexy time. Dexter continues to have the writing of true genius'.
    Last edited by McLovin'; 11-05-2012 at 07:10 AM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jesus Christ, that ending...

Someone tell me I wasn't the only one practically screaming that this was a terrible idea because you don't let an almost murder victim see your face and then let them go/have unprotected sex with them.

Why are you smurfing up so bad Dexter?! Why do you act like such a moron when there's a naked blonde involved?!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yeah, that ending was painful, and really ruined the episode for me. There wasn't even any development to have it make any sort of sense. Just one second murder, the next second, after a word and a sexy look, he lets her go and smurfs her. *facepalm*

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

He should probably stop undressing his victims if it's going to interfere with his ability to quiet his penisbrain.