Articles

Isaak Beast.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yeah I'm sad and surprised to see him go, too, at least with this many episodes left. I'm not sure how I feel about the next big threat being randomly introduced this late.

Amusingly enough, right when Isaak was talking with his assistant about the two guys coming to kill him, I thought almost verbatim: "you know, Dexter would be a great ally right now if Isaak wanted to bury the hatchet." The very next scene, about 5 seconds later: Isaak knocked on Dexter's door.

Is this like the only season with a bunch of villains one after another? Each season only had 1 villain if I remember and then some asshole trying to expose Dexter at work. This time it's Maria but we've got so many villains: , Louis, Isaak, Hannah McKay (in the beginning), Speltzer, and now the club owner.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Not to mention that guy who likes to burn people alive. But maybe he doubles as someone else we know.

and hasuhourwejrkp this was a good episode. Sad to see Isaak go, would've been cool to see him work alongside Dexter for a while.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This was one of the best episodes ever. Dexter's realizations were pretty great--I was grinning like an idiot when he was lecturing the "Phantom".

I'm not looking forward to the end. I don't want Hannah to go.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Seems like Dex will be making the ultimate decision! Choosing between Deb and Hannah? None of these are good things.

I am super excite about how he's gonna deal with LaGuerta and the other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Seems like Dex will be making the ultimate decision! Choosing between Deb and Hannah? None of these are good things.

I am super excite about how he's gonna deal with LaGuerta and the other guy.
    Apparently the last episode is called "Surprise, Mothrsmurfer" so who knows how he'll deal with the two. :P I'm sure doakes makes an appearence in a flashback or something. Shock unexpected ending I reckon.

I think Quin's hair is becoming like that History channel alien meme guy.

also hannah mckay is so damn hot.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    Dexter's realizations were pretty great--I was grinning like an idiot when he was lecturing the "Phantom".
    Eh, it was ok. The sudden 180 to killing Hannah's father just because he wanted to was way too rushed and forced, but that's how a lot of the show's plot points go. Otherwise it was good. And it will be interesting to see how Dexter navigates Hannah, Deb, and now LaGuerta.

I would chide the writing for some leaps of logic LaGuerta made to be so convinced about Dexter being the BHB (omg he had a motive to kill one of the victims! That must mean he is this serial killer whose MO it is to not need any personal motive!), but LaGuerta being a moron is a pretty constant theme of the show, so it's actually believable.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    Dexter's realizations were pretty great--I was grinning like an idiot when he was lecturing the "Phantom".
    Eh, it was ok. The sudden 180 to killing Hannah's father just because he wanted to was way too rushed and forced, but that's how a lot of the show's plot points go. Otherwise it was good. And it will be interesting to see how Dexter navigates Hannah, Deb, and now LaGuerta.
    I would say it was his wanting to kill Hannah's dad that made it click. He's given hypocritical lectures before, but this time he really had someone he just felt like smurfing murdering to get rid of them.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Apparently the last episode is called "Surprise, Mothrsmurfer" so who knows how he'll deal with the two. :P I'm sure doakes makes an appearence in a flashback or something. Shock unexpected ending I reckon.
    Wonder if Doakes made a Randy from Scream style video from the grave announcing Dexter as the BHB. Then he and Hannah go to jail. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS!

SURPRISE MOTHERF!CKER!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

This week's episode was rather lacklustre IMO, but I suppose it was building up for the finale. And judging by the preview...

Oh GOD.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Oh my sweet lord.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

How unbelievably stupid does Dexter have to be to go kill someone connected to him moments after hearing about LaGuerta's suspicion? Seriously now. Just because Matthews was convinced doesn't mean LaGuerta wouldn't stop snooping around on her own. And with absolute no thought or checking, Dexter just accepted that Matthews was speaking for her. After being so utterly careful with planting persuasive evidence of Doakes's guilt, he then goes to kill his mother's killer immediately after his release, and does not even object to his release at his parole hearing. -- and does not check to see if his victim was being followed That last attempted kill was among the dumbest things Dexter has ever done, and that list runs pretty high.

Otherwise, it was an ok episode. The finale, at least, looks intense.