Thread: Dexter Season 7

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Dexter Season 7

Probably shouldn't read anything in this thread unless you're totally updated on what's aired in the states.

There. Everyone's been warned. Now we don't have to use spoiler tags beyond this post. Yay.

This episode: oh mah gerd.

Loved the ending of the season opener! When Deb sits there with the ITK hand and all his blood slides and asks him if he killed them all. This one episode makes up for the BS last 2 seasons we've had. I'm not too crazy about the creator's comments on having Dex and Deb as "lovers", but atleast there not dragging the season on. There getting right to the meat and Dexter is back to his killing-addiction ways in proper form. Can't wait to see how Laguarta's discovery ropes her into the fold. And I still question how important (forgot his name, but it's Jamie's boyfriend) is going to be this season. They're obviously pushing him into a more prominent role (cancelling Dexter's credit cards and sending him the ITK hand).

Plus Homeland too! Ohh man Showtime is killing it this season!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, seriously. I figured they were going to drag it out through the entire season and have that moment at the very end of the season, and wham it happens in the very first episode. Nice!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I'm very happy with that. I did so not want that part dragged out. The end of the episode makes up for that unbearably sloppy airport kill.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I was worried about the possibility of them dragging it out too, but thank smurf they finally just jump straight to it.

And they had better acknowledge how sloppy that airport kill was. Jesus Christ Dexter! I get he felt like things were spiraling out of control and he needed to kill someone to feel better, but apparently getting caught once in 24 hours wasn't good enough.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I agree that overall it was a great episode that makes me even more excited. I was also a bit worried during the episode with all the excuses Dexter managed to make that it would drag out; it was great that Deb decided to trash his place and find the blood slides. I hope she really puts two and two together the next episode, linking the blood slides with the Bay Harbor Butcher. Although maybe Dexter will just man up and tell the whole story now that he really has no choice.

The airport kill was ridiculous, but I guess it was useful to show Dexter being frustrated about losing control of his life.

Gonna pretend the last 2 seasons didn't happen and Rita just died.

Awesome ending. Also the black cop dying was pretty unrealistic. Who does that?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    Gonna pretend the last 2 seasons didn't happen and Rita just died.
    Season 6 was largely balls, but I still cannot fathom why so many people hated season 5. Besides the painfully forced exit of the sidekick at the end, it was a solid season.

Because nothing significant happened. Each season something life changing happened to Dexter. S1: self evident. S2: Bay Harbor Butcher business. S3: Miguel vs Dexter. S4: Trinity vs Dexter. S5: Dexter gets a girlfriend. S6: Dexter helps a mentally challenged kid with his imaginary friend.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Yeah, seriously. I figured they were going to drag it out through the entire season and have that moment at the very end of the season, and wham it happens in the very first episode. Nice!
    Yes!

And the question is now, how much will Dexter tell her? Because if he told her everything, it'd shatter her image of her father and her brother.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

ERR MAH GEHRD. I almost died at the end. Hope they keep this up the whole bloody season because this was a killer episode.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    And they had better acknowledge how sloppy that airport kill was. Jesus Christ Dexter! I get he felt like things were spiraling out of control and he needed to kill someone to feel better, but apparently getting caught once in 24 hours wasn't good enough.
    Jesus, I kept thinking this. You think there aren't cameras in a baggage area, or in every square inch of every single airport, especially in Miami which is a high-profile smuggling area? Not his best work.

I had to watch this episode in two separate pieces, so the ending wasn't as suspenseful as I would have liked it to be. Still, it was crazy. I can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

I was kindof reluctant to start watching again because I feel like the last season had so much potential in theory but it just stomped all over my heart. Satisfied with the premier episode and hope they can keep it up.

Thanx for shairing this topic because i am big fan of Dexter tv show.I have watched all the seasons with full interest in this tv show.All the season are good but i most like it fourth season.

dexter exerted dominance on that pussy Louis. Also, smurfing awesome episode.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Another good episode, and I am glad that Dexter finally fessed up to pretty much everything. Deb seemed to adapt surprisingly quickly, but she was obviously going to try to take control and try something.

But based on the ending and the previews for next episode: damn, Dexter is going to have pretty much everyone after him.