Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone recognize this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Reminds me of this.
    That's not the movie either, I'm afraid.
    It may have several similar aspects, but the movie I'm looking for had a more realistic animation style - nothing wrong about clay animation, but it wasn't animated that way.
    I appreciate your response, though.
    But actually, that movie you showed seems to have a fairly similar kind of feel - a little bit twisted and nightmarish.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    fyi i made a genuine attempt to track down this movie after i made the joke post
    Well that's good, I do appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Did you see it on TV or in a cinema?
    And i know this is a silly question but I dont want to make assumptions but were they speaking Swedish when you saw it?
    I'm not sure but I think we saw it at the cinema on a school day, and then some teacher hired the movie and showed it to us quite often.
    I liked the ending part when the girl was forced to find her boyfriend under the threath of being killed, I felt that it had a very deep and dark message.
    And yeah, they spoke Swedish, but I'm not sure if that was the original language or just a dubbed version.

Also, the scary aspect of this movie wasnt really in any certain scenes, it just felt scary and surrealistic, and also kind of depressive.
    I have never seen anything quite like it before, but it seems like the movie "The Adventures Of Mark Twain" has a similar atmosphere.
    Last edited by *Laurelindo*; 10-03-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know. I did a Wikipedia search on Swedish animated films (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...ated_films)and this one probably fits the description. One made 1989 called "Resan till Melonia" or "Journey to Melonia" Resan till Melonia 1989 - The journey to Plutonia - YouTube

Probably isn't the one you're looking for.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

I also did the wikisearch for sweedish films and I discounted that since it doesnt seem to have any of the plot elements

I then did a wiki search on swedish voice actors and tried to crossreference them all with imdb but the only thing that came close was Quest for camelot but thats a few years too late and the only similarities is theres a blind guy instead of a blind fold and a girl

Im not sure if anyone has tried going through the list of animated movies in 1994-5 but you can give that a shot
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 10-03-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Thanks a lot, everyone.
    Yeah, I'll check the links you mentioned and see if I can find it there somewhere.

I also remember a scene where a rider hurried towards a shack or something, and one could see the rider hitting his spurs at the horse so that it started bleeding, and it was in the middle of the night, I think.
    It seemed to always be night or dusk throughout the whole movie, or at least that's how I remember the setting.
    Last edited by *Laurelindo*; 10-03-2012 at 05:33 PM.

A lot of this sounds eerily deja vu familiar... and yet I have no idea what you're talking about. It makes me think of something that was converted in a music video in the style of a Michael Jackson "you will take this and like it."
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post
    I don't know. I did a Wikipedia search on Swedish animated films (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...ated_films)and this one probably fits the description. One made 1989 called "Resan till Melonia" or "Journey to Melonia" Resan till Melonia 1989 - The journey to Plutonia - YouTube

Probably isn't the one you're looking for.
    I'm afraid that isn't the one either, but thanks a lot for trying.
    Actually I might check out the movies you suggest as well, they could also be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    A lot of this sounds eerily deja vu familiar... and yet I have no idea what you're talking about. It makes me think of something that was converted in a music video in the style of a Michael Jackson "you will take this and like it."
    I kind of have the same feeling myself - the best way I can describe the feelings I have of these movie memories is that they feel a lot like a vivid nightmare.
    If you have ever had an unsettling dream before, not necessarily "scary", but uncomfortable and eerie, then you probably understand what I mean.
    That's what the movie felt like more or less from beginning to end.
    I also seem to remember that the movie tended to have a gloomy look to it, almost like a dark room lit by a candle.

The final scene was actually very powerful, and obviously had a love theme;
    I liked when that blindfolded girl could "feel" who her boyfriend was, and even insisted that she had made the right guess.
    Then that evil judge guy was totally scared and went like "are you sure...?!", and the girl would just say that she felt his warmth, or the rhythm of his heartbeat, or something like that.
    Then the house started burning and the judge died in the flames, because the girl had proven her love for his boyfriend and they were freed.
    Kind of touching scene actually, and surprisingly dark and mature for a children's movie.
    Last edited by *Laurelindo*; 10-05-2012 at 11:04 AM.

I imagine the judge to have had a long face and wearing one of those victorian wigs that went out of style nearly 100 years ago.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.