Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone recognize this movie?

Default Does anyone recognize this movie?

I'm searching for an animated movie that was apparently intended for children (it was used as some sort of moral movie back in the early 90s) but it was clearly a horror movie, and very dark and serious for being aimed at children - and it had a pretty unique style, almost like a calm nightmare.
    Anyway, I only remember fragments but one very prominent character was an ugly-looking judge who interrogated a group of children early in the movie, and they were... imprisoned, I think, but I'm not sure... and the judge had a horrific laugh, and everytime he laughed a skull on his table would also start laughing.
    I also remember that one of the children (a girl) was blindfolded in a building and forced to find his boyfriend among the other children, and if she failed they would all die, or something like that.
    Then the house was set on fire, and the judge died in the flames.

What movie is this?
    I have done all kinds of searches on Google on different occasions for literally years and never found anything.

Blog Entries

Disney's SAW?

I have no idea but it sounds pretty awesome
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

It can't be SAW since that movie was made in 2004, and the movie I'm looking for was shown for me and my class back in like 1994-1995 or so.

Hell I'm not even sure if it is a movie that's even known outside of Sweden, it could very well be a Swedish movie but I'm not sure, maybe not.
    I have no idea how to find it if no keywords on Google ever give me any clues in neither Swedish nor English.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Disney's SAW?

I have no idea but it sounds pretty awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by *Laurelindo* View Post
    It can't be SAW since that movie was made in 2004, and the movie I'm looking for was shown for me and my class back in like 1994-1995 or so.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I seriously doubt that it's this but it's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I seriously doubt that it's this but it's worth a shot.
    No, that movie was with living, real-life actors, and the movieb I'm talking about is animated.

I would also appreciate if some people here could leave out sarcasm in their replies, if this is supposed to be a mature forum on any level, thank you.
    Asking for a movie title and correcting those who clearly give the wrong suggestions hardly justifies being ridiculed.
    And I actually did point out that I was looking for an animated movie.

But anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who finds the movie I'm actually looking for.
    It would actually be really fun to find it again since I remember it was quite original and interesting.

Oh by the way, this would also help a lot - does anyone know a site of som sort where you can specify the content of a movie as close as possible?
    Like, approximately when it was made, what genre it was, what the main characters were like etc?
    That could be some great help as well.
    Last edited by *Laurelindo*; 10-02-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Acting all butt-hurt after some gentle teasing hardly qualifies as mature. Neither does insinuating that the previous person gave you a false movie title to purposely try to mislead you. It was yet another lighthearted joke, and you missed it. That was the point.

This "mature forum on any level" is a community of people who enjoy laughing and joking around while discussing a topic. You posted this topic in the lounge where a more casual atmosphere of topic discussion is expected and accepted.

If you want to discuss your animated movie for children in a serious, dry, processional manner, without risk of reading some harmless, joking replies ask one of the mods to move it here.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, before this gets out of hand let's please keep the responses directed toward helping Lauralindo find his film.

LL, do you remember any other details about the movie? I didn't see your mention that it was animated, apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    Acting all butt-hurt after some gentle teasing hardly qualifies as mature. Neither does insinuating that the previous person gave you a false movie title to purposely try to mislead you. It was yet another lighthearted joke, and you missed it. That was the point.
    I didn't act "butt-hurt" at all, I just stated that it was the wrong movie and politely asked for some more serious suggestions.
    And it's actually kind of ridiculous how everything now starts derailing into a debate on whether I am butt-hurt or not, instead of sticking to the original question, which really shouldn't be so hard - you can be lighthearted while answering the question, you know.
    And anybody who insists on keeping this going now is the one who actively provokes the argument to go on, and would thus be the truly "butt-hurt" here.
    But I don't want to "insult" anyone or "insinuate" anything, I am just kind of searching for a movie that I have been looking for a long time now, and it would be great of somebody here could help me find it.
    It's fine if it's the wrong one, I don't blame anyone for that, I appreciate any attempts to help me find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Okay, before this gets out of hand let's please keep the responses directed toward helping Lauralindo find his film.

LL, do you remember any other details about the movie? I didn't see your mention that it was animated, apologies.
    Thank you, and no problem.

No, I have quite vague memories of this movie, but I have strong memories of that judge guy.
    I believe the children had done something that he considered wrong, like being dishonest and lying or something similar, and that laughing skull on the table was supposed to symbolize their bad conscience, something like that.
    Last edited by *Laurelindo*; 10-02-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This quickly became hilarious.

What kind of animation style was it? How old were the kids? What type of world was it set (e.g. Victorian England, contemporary America, Nazi Germany etc.)?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

animated + judge + laughing skull came up with Do the Evolution under video summary. getting closer! (or further away)

Blog Entries

Ahaha. Well, I know how to answer another question the OP had in another thread now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flambard D'Quinceteth View Post
    This quickly became hilarious.
    No, it just became unnecessarily long-winded.
    But as long as I see some sort of attempts of helping me with this then any "lighthearted manner" is fine.
    Anyway...

What kind of animation style was it?
    I have no clear memory of that, but I believe it had a fairly "soft" look to it that was pleasant to watch.

How old were the kids?
    Somewhere around 12-13, I think.

What type of world was it set (e.g. Victorian England, contemporary America, Nazi Germany etc.)?
    No idea, I just remember that it was surprisingly dark and gloomy for being a children's movie, but it still clearly had a love theme as well, considering that a blindfolded girl was forced to find his boyfriend in the end, and recognized him only because "he felt his warmth" or something.
    It was actually an extremely mature and deep children's movie.
    In fact I can easily see this as a movie for adults, but appparently they thought it was alright to show it for kids back then.

Reminds me of this.

Blog Entries

fyi i made a genuine attempt to track down this movie after i made the joke post

Did you see it on TV or in a cinema?
    And i know this is a silly question but I dont want to make assumptions but were they speaking Swedish when you saw it?
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!