Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this game worth playing?

yea there are some neat twists that genuinely surprised me. And I was playing it for the first time on PS1 so that's a big compliment on the story. Unfortunately I had the final boss spoiled for me, darn it lol

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've yet to play this game completely. Not that I have not played it before. I have, I just never made any real progress when I did play. I'm determined to at least do something with this game whenever I find the time!

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I remember a friend let me borrow this game on the PSP. While I did like the simplicity of assembling a team of four blank slates, I must admit I couldn't get invested. I must admit I do like the music for this game, despite being by Nobuo, it seems... distinct.
    Returners Represent!

Yea if you're going back from VII or VI where the stories are miles ahead of this game, it's hard. But FF1 and FF3 really did had blank slates. This is the first time you started to get real story and the characters weren't clones of one another, and this I think influenced FF4. If you mean gameplaywise, yes you can have anyone do anything, but that's not unique to this installment. Their initial stats are different, with Maria having the most intelligence so you probably want her to be a mage, and Guy has the most strength so make him a swordsman, and that leaves Firion(iel) as your healer. But you can switch it up if you want.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I freaking love this game but then again I'm into grindy dungeon-crawlers and watching your stats go up by like one or two points.

You have to have a certain mentality for it but if you have that mentality then you are going to have a blast.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I find myself playing this every now and then, even though it is really old, it has aged better than just about any other game I can think of. A ton of fun, you just need to go at it for the gameplay, and not for the story.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen