Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo Wrong Numbers and Weird Mis-Texts

A few years back I got a random text message that was something along the lines of "Hey I'm really sorry, I still love you, can we give it another chance?"

Some poor soul was trying to reach someone who obviously wasn't me and it didn't get through!

I wonder what happened to them sometimes.

Have you ever gotten a weird mis-text or wrong number?

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yep! I remember this one time some random girl called my phone. It was obviously a wrong number, the girl sounded like she was in some kind of hurry and was telling me to come pick her up. I played along with her for awhile to mess with her, saying. "Yeah, sure. Where are you?" And she responded back with "You know where I am! Come pick me up!"

I think it ended on a poor note though, since I never really told her she called the wrong number.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

It was either on my dad's phone or mine, but there was about 10 texts and just as many missed calls around 2am from someone asking the other to let them in with their kid. The number wasn't even from the same area code as mine, which didn't make sense. Oh well!

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

About once or twice a month I get a call from some Mexican lady looking for her son.

I should probably change my number so it isn't from San Diego anymore.

Once I got a wrong number and when I told the person they refused to believe me. I had to hang up on them.

Blog Entries

A couple years ago, someone who was clearly a teenage girl texted me and asked if she could stay over at her friend's house that night. She thought I was her mom! I texted, "yes have fun"

I hope she didn't get in too much trouble.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got a text from mikeface once that was clearly directed at SaraFujiko :3

It melted my heart :3

Blog Entries

I met a lady the other day whose number was apparently once owned by some whore. She gets calls from random men in the middle of the night asking to be "taken care of" and also said that she got a call from prison the other day and was told somebody named Josh was passing her "nudez" around to other inmates on that cellblock.

...My name is Josh. :freak:
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I repeatedly received text messages from a NSW number informing me the motorcycle was ready to be picked up. I received the last one roughly 3 months after the original one; they must really not have wanted to pick up their bike.

I got another message from someone wishing another person well. I forget the details but it basically said something about their father being ill and wishing them all the best. I think I responded to that one to let them know they had the wrong number.

Also while at Pike's I got a message telling me to watch a youtube video. It started with "yo j diddy" which was incredibly weird.

There's undoubtedly more but I forget them.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So it all started when this guy called me and asked me "What's your favorite scary movie?" and started murdering the people around me. I realized it must be the doing of a powerful sith lord.:vader:

So I gathered a party of white mage, black mage, fighter and a Quina to destroy this evil sith lord. We walked the yellow brick road and finally reached his evil lair.

THE EVIL SITH LORD!!

After a fierce battle, we emerged victorious and looted his iphone and samsung galaxy. Being the only people in the world to possess such advanced smartphones.

Except Quina, he/she ate them all, including the body of the sith lord.

But not his tongue, it is a custom among the Qu's tribe not to eat the tongue.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

In my mid-teens I got a mistext that led to a decently long and rather flirty text conversation with the girl who sent it. Then we exchanged pictures. Then she stopped texting me. Still hurts

The weirdest mistext I got was one that just read "the mop is ready".

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It was me that texted.

Blog Entries

My number is not available for anyone but my friends.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've had a few funny wrong numbers or mis-sent texts.

I once received the nude pic one of my friends had meant to send her boyfriend who I didn't know very well but was also named Steve, she realized her mistake pretty much instantly, I replied to the message with "Sorry for what? This trout is great! Got any more?" I received a lot from her it made going out drinking interesting when I realized I'd gotten further with her than her actual boyfriend. They didn't last long... wonder why

I got called up by some man demanding to know where his wife was. I was accused of smurfing with his wife so much so that after my initial "what the smurf are you on about?" I actually went along with it and told him how I'd bent his wife over just about every piece of furniture going. He probably got himself arrested for something afterwards.

I also once got the message a girlfriend of mine meant to send to the guy she was cheating on me with, she had the audacity to try and convince me that nothing was going on. I literally laughed in her face.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I got a text from some guy looking for someone, but I texted back that you have the wrong number. They proceeded to try to still have a conversation with me even though I was like, "k bye" which is a conversation ender. Then he was like, "Oh where are you from? Do you live around here?" He proceeded to harass me for about a week until my dad called him and threatened him. No surprise that the texts stopped shortly after.

I've sent texts to my dad accidentally that I meant for my bf. Luckily I never send anything raunchy over texts so it was all good.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I get some random wrong numbers occasionally, but nothing too memorable. No funny mistexts that I can remember. What I actually get a ton of are wrong emails, oddly enough. I consistently get roped into some random group's event planning conversations.