View Poll Results: Which City Shall We Visit?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Birmingham

3 15.79%
  • Manchester

7 36.84%
  • I am Flying Mullet and thus won't be attending!

9 47.37%
Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 10,000 Miles From Mills Part VI: Return of the Walrus (19th & 20th Jan)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default 10,000 Miles From Mills Part VI: Return of the Walrus (19th & 20th Jan)

CANCELLED

Manchester, 19th & 20th January[/CENTER]

Attendees

Confirmed
    • Baloki
    • Psy
    • Iceglow
    • Lockharted
    • Bubbaforever

Possibles
    • DK
    • Crop
    • Shauna
    • Cloudane
    • Zeldy

The Plan

Friday 18th January - Pre Meetup Meetup
    An evening of delightful bars and upbeat drinking await in the evenings meetup warmup as we sample the refined nightlife of Manchester's infamous Northern Quarter. This part of the meet is a bit more informal and will probably be arranged as and where Iceglows insatiable thirst for ladies takes him. If you're thinking of coming along to this bit let me know via PM (or other means, whatever tickles your pickles so to speak) and I'll keep you in the loop.

Saturday 19th January - The Main Event
    N.B. Please note the timings are there just to give an idea of flow and not set in stone!

11:00 - 12:00 - Manchester Piccadilly Station
    Normally we would meet up in Piccadilly Gardens but knowing the weather around that time of year it might be better if we wait around indoors instead of out.

12:00 - 17:00 - Manchester Museum Tour and Look Round the City
    We'll probably hit up either the Manchester Museum (with it's extensive range of stuffed animals, dinosaur bones and miscellaneous tat) or the larger Museum of Science and Industry (with it's space, science and industry exhibits). After that we'll have a wander round town taking in the sights before moving on to...

17:00 - 18:00 - FOOD!
    Going somewhere for a slap up meal, depending on what people fancy there is a wide range of wonderful eateries and fast food joints (except Taco Bell, NEVER TACO BELL!).

18:00 - 20:00 - Bowling, Laserquest or Cinema
    The world is our oyster for some family friendly, competitive team "sports".

20:00 - LATE - Team Chocobo Takes Manchester!
    We'll hit up the town and go for a night out, make some Final Fantasy jokes to the ladies and hopefully have some amusing photos!

Sunday 20th January - So Long and Thanks for All the Fries
    We'll meet up for some breakfast and fries (the fries are traditional!), hang around town and see everyone off!

Location and Travel

Hotels
    Manchester contains many hotels varying in quality and price if you're planning to stay the night in the area. There's a really useful map on the Visit Manchester website here that allows you to view their location and filter by typical price per night.

Travel by Train
    There are four key train stations in Manchester city centre - Deansgate, Piccadilly, Oxford Road and Victoria. Of these, Piccadilly attracts the most visitors' and is the main arrival point into the city centre.

Virgin Trains travel to destinations all around the UK. Journeys with Virgin Trains are faster, more convenient and more comfortable than ever before. Three trains every hour leave Manchester en route for London; a journey that takes just over two hours.

First TransPennine Express operates direct train services into Manchester from across the north of England, Edinburgh and Glasgow and direct services into Manchester city centre from Manchester Airport.

CrossCountry Trains run services to Manchester from Birmingham, the South West, Bournemouth, Reading and Cardiff.

Northern Rail enables you to travel easily between Manchester's nearby cities and the surrounding countryside in the North of England. Rail services provide direct access to National Parks, including The Peak District and The Lake District.

For all trains times and fares, visit www.nationalrail.co.uk or call +44 (0)8457 484950

Travel by Road
    Manchester is well connected to the rest of the UK via excellent motorway links

Manchester's ring road connects Manchester to motorways north, south, east and west.

Visit Google Maps to find out how to get here from where you are.

You can download maps from Visit Manchester to help find your way around the city centre and beyond.

View the Manchester City Council parking page for information about on-street parking in Manchester city centre.

Manchester City Council has compiled a map of city centre car parks.

Travel by Coach
    National Express run coaches from major cities in the UK to Manchester. Visit the National Express website for full details. Also please watch this amusing YouTube video.
    Last edited by Baloki; 01-05-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Laid the groundwork for the meetup details.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I am posting because you told me to.

Also I may come along - if I have money/time at that point. :3 Having money depends on me getting a job, and having the free time also depends on me getting a job. So, we'll see. xD Either location is good, because it's all a gazillion miles away from my current location.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Baloki View Post
    anyone who posts suggestions other then the two cities in the poll options may be subject to Psy getting bored and modifying their profiles, MAY!)
    Wait, I'm being encouraged to rape profiles now? Good lord. I was insufferably bad about that when everybody hated it, just think of what I can do now I'm legitimised!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I'm definitely going to this!

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like how I'm given no smurfing choices on arriving or not along with Psy. But then what would be a EOFF UK meet up without us? It'd be a sad and terrible thing with no outrageous conversational topics. Just Baloki yiffing everything that moved.

Personally I'd be happier to have it in Brum, mainly because I'd have to go to Manchester and that's like the arse end of the world for a Londoner. Get me dates though so I can get a holiday request to my boss asap.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Dates are in the topic title...
    FOA

Blog Entries

Will do what I can for those dates.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Manchester because Steve would hate it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harle-y Davidson View Post
    Manchester because Steve would hate it.
    No frenchies invited.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I can be available for those dates, and as for the location either is good, I voted Manchester though because there's a nice shop I like.

Blog Entries

well either place is ok for me fiscally, if anything I just do a couple of days O/T in the week prior to the meet and I'll be loaded haha, weekly pay day rocks

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Manchester is probably less travel for me also. Not that it'll increase my chances of showing up, but the idea of spending less time on a coach is wonderful.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Depends on my financial situation at the time. Considering I'm saving for the wedding, me going is unlikely at the moment.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Don't you pussy out BoB. Don't you smurfing do it.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Tbh whilst either city is fine fiscally speaking for me one of the main reasons I voted Brum aside from Manchester being Manchester is I have family and friends still up in the West Midlands, if we have it in Birmingham I could go up a day early or stay a day longer and visit them which would be nice for me since I don't get to go often.