Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: stuff I draw

oh, sweet nuthin' themagicroundabout's Avatar

tomorrow is my papa's birthday and I drew him an orangutan

for my girlfriend's mum's birthday, she has asked me to draw a picture of her as a baby with her mum

it looks like this so far but tomorrow I gotta get round to doing some kind of background for it. maybe patterns...

also, I was playing around with printing things out in black and white on paper which I thought would look pretty cool. I'm gonna go scouting for some big old books to do this on properly. old books.

Default Nice!

Really nice work, and great imagination XD and that hand was just freaking genius!

Love the orangutan! Did you paint the background?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by themagicroundabout View Post
    Hello, ScottNUMBERS! Thanks.

HINT: The thing at the end of the ring finger is a metal slide for playing guitar!

Today I have been trying to get organised and I've made some mock-ups of t-shirts to get some rough ideas. The website I did the mock-ups on didn't allow downloading large images without subscribing to the site itself, so the pictures are a little small but ya get the idea! Now I've just got to find some good sites to get them printed. Incidentally, if any of you looking through here can recommend any sites that do that sort of thing, that would be great!
    Your artwork actually works great with those t-shirts, great touch! I hope you keep up the artwork because I (like I see everyone else who has visited this thread) enjoys looking at what you are going to create next.

Thanks! Pete, .he background for the orangutan was just ink painted on yeahh. And I'm glad you like the shirts, Rocket Edge! I managed to find a printers sorta online place, so I set up an online shop now. The designs couldn't match up exactly to those mock ups because of the available printing area on the shirts, but they look alright I think!

Just drew this for my friend's papa's christmas present: Nick Drake

Take care with some of those t-shirt sites. Some of them require that you hand over the copyrights to them.

Futan - you are right about that! But I read up and I do retain the rights to the images that I upload through the site I'm using, so it's okay. And a great way to start up doing it without having to cover printing costs myself until I can eventually afford to take it all on my own!

This picture was a trade exchange - picture for a necklace, which was a lovely suggestion by the person who made the necklace for me. I wish I could pay for more things by just drawing something. It's been a bit busy over the christmas period and following weeks that I haven't drawn much, but getting back into it now!

it's an elephant

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Gorgeous patterns as always. Do you use a reference of any kind for the patterns or do you just make them up as you go along?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

bawwww that elephant, I love it so much!

Saw the elephant on Deviantart, digging it. Did you draw the outline with or without an example?

It's been a while! There's a lot to catch up with when you move to a new country. With the patterns, I take my inspiration from mandalas and mehndi patterns and stuff like that, but the patterns emerge in the end by coincidence, trial and error. The longest part of the drawings is the preliminary pencil drawing before inking in, where there's lots of doodling around and rubbing out patterns that don't work. I used photos of elephants as references for the outline.

Vancouver's Jimi Hendrix shrine have been running an event called Soul Power this weekend and had an open call for submissions of Hendrix inspired artwork so I submitted this:

Voodoo Child

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Wow, that's awesome. I want a poster of that!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What the smurf, man. Do you do that trout with just a pen?

Your talent for patterns is simply stunning.