Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Will a playthrough of Xenogears revive the Enix forum!?

You know, Gharf became immidiately less threatening.

Attacks me on airship, is shocked when Citan shakes him off...

Somehow, he thinks he is capable of using you to destroy god, and you delay his plans by making a sharp right?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You seem to be ignoring the fact he kicked the crap out of your party while they were in Gears and he was on foot. He may have godlike destructive powers but he really can't fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    You seem to be ignoring the fact he kicked the crap out of your party while they were in Gears and he was on foot. He may have godlike destructive powers but he really can't fly.
    You seem to be ignoring the fact not 2 minutes later Bart succeeded in shooting me down.

Just run that through your head. Bart succeeded where Gharf had failed.

And actually his gear was flying.

That is until he got shot down by Hammer.

Really, lets go down the list if things Gharf has done thus far.

1) Already spilled his plan to you.
    2) Spouts nonsense like the seeker of power line.
    3) Picks the stupidest person I have ever seen in a gave to give power too.
    4) Defeated by the combination of a hard Right turn and Hammer.
    5) Failed where Bart had succeeded.

Sorry man, but I'm not seeing a very solid track record here.

Edit: Oh god, the scene with Fei and Elly on the boat. This is one of the sappeist things I hav eseen in years.
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 10-17-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Big Hands View Post
    You seem to be ignoring the fact not 2 minutes later Bart succeeded in shooting me down. Just run that through your head. Bart succeeded where Grahf had failed.
    You seem to be under the impression he wanted the ship shot down.

Really, lets go down the list if things Grahf has done thus far.

Your assumptions are so adorable. You are really missing the point in all of this which is why those plot twists later are going to be really interesting for you. I will say this, Grahf gave you the basic idea of his plan, he hasn't really told you what his plan fully entails.

Secondly, getting thrown from a ship and then shot down by it's big guns (which largely just stunned him) is a pretty valid reason for your party to get away. Your big mistake here is that you are assuming he was there to shoot you down and that he should be more adamant about stopping you when in reality he was there for something else.

Edit: Oh god, the scene with Fei and Elly on the boat. This is one of the sappeist things I have seen in years.
    Not true, you played through BoF2 last year. Welcome back to the 90s.

You seem to be ignoring the fact not 2 minutes later Bart succeeded in shooting me down. Just run that through your head. Bart succeeded where Grahf had failed.
    You seem to be under the impression he wanted the ship shot down.

Really, lets go down the list if things Grahf has done thus far.

Your assumptions are so adorable. You are really missing the point in all of this which is why those plot twists later are going to be really interesting for you. I will say this, Grahf gave you the basic idea of his plan, he hasn't really told you what his plan fully entails.

Secondly, getting thrown from a ship and then shot down by it's big guns (which largely just stunned him) is a pretty valid reason for your party to get away. Your big mistake here is that you are assuming he was there to shoot you down and that he should be more adamant about stopping you when in reality he was there for something else.

Edit: Oh god, the scene with Fei and Elly on the boat. This is one of the sappeist things I have seen in years.
    Not true, you played through BoF2 last year. Welcome back to the 90s.
    I assume he wanted the ship brought down because he said he wanted it brought down.

If that was a lie, then his being there truly served no purpose what so ever. Except maybe to rile you up.

Of course if his plan was NOT for you to get shot down, well then it wasn't so much Citan that thwarted his plans, but his plans were thwarted by Bart. So which was it wolf, was he defeated by Citan, or defeated by Bart in this case?

(SPOILER)Really I'm just poking at you here, if you can't tell.

And seriously, that seen was way sappier then anything from BoF2.

I hope you noticed that Grahf specifically didn't wreck Elly in the boss fight. I would assume it's because he wants to wreck her in the bedroom.
    Although, given Miang's lack of surprise at Grahf teleporting in on her while she was naked, maybe he's just a player.

And speaking of Elly, what kind of heartless fiend is unmoved by Fei and Elly's sweet moments together? For god's sake, Distant Promise was playing and everything!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I recently finished Xenogears, actually. Super good time when I did it, although, I am having trouble remembering all the details you're describing. xD I do not remember Elly and Fei's encounter on the ship. Ah well, probably for the best if it really is that sappy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's good that you're analyzing this stuff as you go - it'll be of use in the later parts of the game. Trust me

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I assume he wanted the ship brought down because he said he wanted it brought down.

If that was a lie, then his being there truly served no purpose what so ever. Except maybe to rile you up.

Of course if his plan was NOT for you to get shot down, well then it wasn't so much Citan that thwarted his plans, but his plans were thwarted by Bart. So which was it wolf, was he defeated by Citan, or defeated by Bart in this case?

(SPOILER)Really I'm just poking at you here, if you can't tell.
    He actually succeeded in what he came to do to be honest. You also seem to forget that when he first showed up he told Fei he needed him to complete his plan, so obviously getting Fei killed is not his priority.

If I had to choose though, I would say Bart shooting Fei down was not part of the plan, but Bart is pretty much an avatar of chaos in this game.

As for Fei and Elly's scene, I felt it was insightful for both of the characters and was nowhere near as sappy as some of the crap seen in later FFs like VIII, IX, and X. I mean Fei's analogy of his life is pretty accurate judging from what's been going on in the game thus far. He mostly has been just letting things sweep him away from one event to another.

I agree it was insightful. I said it was sappy, not that it was bad.

And I do think it was Sappier then VIII, VIII just has the disadvantage of being utter trout. Same with X.

And IX was not that sappy.

Also I hope you liked the Kaiser and Rico because the former will never be seen again and the latter joins the massive ranks of JRPG Side Character Party Members Who Become Irrelevant After Character Arc.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rico gets one more scene in Disc 2, but yeah, it's really sad they dropped his arc. He seemed more interesting to me than Billy.

That's because Billy is terrible apart from his Healing Ether. (SPOILER)Never could have beaten Id without that Heal All spell.

Rico and all of Kislev strike me as one of the casualties of the story being compressed. It just feels like there was supposed to be more done with him but they abandoned it due to the infamous budget constraints.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Billy and I understand why his story is largely intact cause it's more important to the overall plot but I agree that Kislev should have gotten more love.

Well now I'm thuroughly depressed Kislev doesn't get love, cause The King is awesome the few times you see him.

I was even ready to forgive the abysmal security on the airship.

I'm am now on Ygdrassil II, Fei is in a comma, I've brought him back onto the ship, and currently Citan, Sigurd, and jessie are drinking in the gunroom.

The Ship can't take off without Sigurd, and we came back to the ship because A LARGE VESSEL APPEARED ON RADAR! Clearly drunken old man is more important then this....

The best part? I talked ot everyone in the Gunroom, Engine Room, and hammer. I've talked with everyone on the Bridge, and I can't find out what the smurf to do.

And I have a comic I'm sure some child wiped his ass on....

Edit: I finally just looked a ta walkthrough, something I had decided against earlier, and the smurf? Apperenlty you are suppose to magically figure out you need to do something at the Orphanage first, when the ship on your radar is obviously the far more important thing?

This game has a way of emersing me in whats going on, then immidiately pissing me the smurf off.

Edit: Yes Bart, after Billy tells us is tragic story, and mentioned he had once considered selling his body just to keep his poor starving sister fed, call him a moron.

...smurf you Bart.
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 10-18-2012 at 04:16 PM.