Thread: Should I pick this up again?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Should I pick this up again?

So, I'mma be honest, I played the first Dungeon in the DS version, got fed up with the difficulty curve, threw it away and never looked back (not literally). But lately I've been wondering, is there any reason for me to come back and play this game? I mean, the job system in V is much more refined, and I was always a fan of ATB (basically, I guess I'm comparing the game to FFV). Is there anything here that FFV lacks, other than graphics, of course?
    Returners Represent!

Its honestly a fun game, especially once you get to the later stages of it. And when you take on the Iron Giant (extra boss), its super fun...watching EVERYTHING fall perfectly into place.

The main game takes around 30 hours...The Iron Giant leveling took me another 35 though, lol.

if nothing else, should play it for the fact that it -is- a Final Fantasy game...
    I only want your happiness...even if I may never be yours to share it.

I'm a rabid completionist, so I would, but you can't really know until you try. Each person will or will not enjoy different things, and the stories each game tells will be its own (the thing 5 is missing 3 has, it's own story).
    A successful marriage isn't finding the right person; it's being the right person. ?
    "The mighty oak tree was once a little nut that held its ground., ?
    "If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, you can bet the water bill is higher.", ?
    "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.", William Penn
    "If you see a bomb technician running, try to keep up with him.", ?
    "If the enemy is in range, so are you.", ?
    "The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." Michelangelo
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.", ?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFV is pretty much a better version of FFIII, they even share similar themes like "Heroes tasked by the crystals to save the world" and the "Void". Though I still feel that FFIII is overall a solid game.

It's one of the more influential titles as well, with many of the later installments (especially FFIX and FFTactics) referencing it pretty heavily. The job class system is pretty fun and the DS version has the better selection anyway and balanced the jobs better. Honestly, the DS version has nothing on the original Famicom's difficulty, though I feel the last dungeon gauntlet is the exception to the rule.

It's my favorite of the NES era FFs and probably in my top five in the series overall.

I've tried to get into FF3 several times and I just can't. I get up to the Tower of Owen and just fall asleep...

Play FF V instead I say...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Alright, I might give this game another look sometime in the future, probably once I finish replaying VI, VII, and finally get around to completing IX
    Returners Represent!