Thread: Convince me to play this iteration!

Blog Entries

Default Convince me to play this iteration!

I intend to actually, I'm working my way through the classic FF games when I have the energy.

But tell me why I should hurry up with the earlier ones so I can get to the delicious goodness of IV earlier. What makes it awesome?

Blog Entries

Kain and Cecil.

Oh that, and it's my childhood memories. 1991 I was six years old playing this game.

I'm getting old.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm actually looking forward to playing this game (currently playing FFIX, so it has to wait) because I'm sure I remember enjoying the little I did play of it back in 2000/2001.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

It's actually a really compelling and great game. It's one of the best out there. In the top five, I'd say.

I need to get the collection of games again, soon. I'm missing a few.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

FFIV is the only one I don't own out of the main series. I'm hoping it'll be a slightly lower price on PSN when I get around to buying it. >_>;
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

How much is FFIV Complete Collection on PSN now? It's definitely 100% more worth it than any other version that exists. Now really is a good time to be playing FFIV.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Historically, it's the first character driven FF game with a pretty fun cast of characters, it introduced ATB, was possibly the last legitimately difficult FF (depending on which version you've played) and has a pretty good plot and soundtrack.

For Playstation era gamers, FFIV is probably tied with FFVI in terms of influencing the creation of VII: FFIV plot spoilersA conflicted soldier works for the evil global power as it spreads it influence, questions their intentions and finally decided to rebel against them after the burning of a village, meteor is a plot element as it's the most powerful Black Magic spell that someone wishes to obtain to seek revenge, and their is an omnicidal alien manipulating everything from the shadows.

It is certainly one that I'd like to own, but I don't have any of the consoles or handhelds that it can be played on. I'm starting to get tempted to buy a DS, for all of the exclusive FF and KH games that are available. It's becoming almost worth it.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The Nintendo DS version of Final Fantasy IV offers a less dated gameplay experience. Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection on the PSP includes the original game and its sequel along with a small intermission to bridge the gap between the two games.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Even without considering the NES to SNES transition, FFIV was a big leap in the series with a deep story, heavy character development, the ATB system, an awesome soundtrack, and bosses that require a variety of different strategies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    Even without considering the NES to SNES transition, FFIV was a big leap in the series with a deep story, heavy character development, the ATB system, an awesome soundtrack, and bosses that require a variety of different strategies.
    Now I'm convinced