Thread: I have a question

Default I have a question

What got you into playing FFIV?

...falling in love, is an act of magic.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The meanies here bullied me into doing it.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

For me, it was the DS re-release. I actually own a boxed copy of the SNES version, and the PSX version...but I never got around to playing them.

It was only when the DS version was released and I had JUST finished playing through Final Fantasy III, that I decided to give it a try. No regrets.

Not to mention I got to see where my linkshell's name in Final Fantasy XI came from (Lunarians)!

I didn't play through it more than once though...I'm not that sadistic.
    I only want your happiness...even if I may never be yours to share it.

it came in sequence, I played them all (starting at 8 then 7) after I started the ff series each one had to be at least tried, and once I started a story, I couldn't stop (though x-2 nearly convinced me to stop trying for it's story).
    A successful marriage isn't finding the right person; it's being the right person. ?
    "The mighty oak tree was once a little nut that held its ground., ?
    "If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, you can bet the water bill is higher.", ?
    "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.", William Penn
    "If you see a bomb technician running, try to keep up with him.", ?
    "If the enemy is in range, so are you.", ?
    "The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." Michelangelo
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.", ?

Final Fantasy IV (or II as I knew it back then) was the very first FF I ever played, back before I even knew what FF was. I was just a little kid, and only rented the game a couple times, and only got up the Antlion, but that short little experience still sticks with me as one of the most memorable times I ever had with an FF. I still look back to the way that experience made me feel, the wonder, awe, and excitement of the world of a Final Fantasy, and always compare any new FF to those memories. No FF, even my favorite one, FFVI has ever been able to recapture that novel feeling I had with my few short weeks of FFIV. Even FFIV itself, when I came back to it after beating FFVI and fully played it in proper fashion had the same impact as that initial playing. I could seriously say my entire FF quest has been about rediscovering that special something I found when I first picked up the controller and heard the FFIV overworld theme for the first time. It was probably just me being young more than anything, so I will probably never experiece an FF the way I did with FFIV, my first.
    Currently writing a massive prequel to FFVI. Starts thousands of years before the game begins with the birth of magic, and chronicles the entire history of the FFVI world. Check it out!

Final Fantasy VI - The Sands of Time

It was the only game I had for the SNES besides Super Mario World. As a kid, it was my very first RPG. I remember thinking to myself while doing a few random encounters outside of Baron Castle "Wow, choosing commands for battles sure sounds like it'd be boring, but I'm finding it really fun!!"

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I played Final Fantasy IV as Final Fantasy II on the Super Nintendo as a child. Its simple script allowed me to understand and beat the game largely by myself. Personally, I find it funny when some people really need help with this game and I beat it as a small child, although Final Fantasy II was a much easier game than some other iterations of Final Fantasy IV.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

After I was forced to give FFIII(VI) back to my friend after I discovered the Relm glitch that erases all the save files, I went looking for my own copy cause I was annoyed I had not finished the game. I found FFII(IV) and picked it up cause I figured I'd never get another chance. I came with just the cartridge and chewed up manual but I got quickly engrossed into the story and world and finished it around Christmas time, I still get into the mood to play the game when I see Christmas decorations. It was the first FF I ever owned and first I ever beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    and finished it around Christmas time, I still get into the mood to play the game when I see Christmas decorations.
    The best and worst feel ever.
    ohno.

One game: Chrono Trigger. It got me interested in the old school jRPGs

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

my mom rented it from phar-mor when i was six years old...it was either that or NBA JAM. thanks for that! i'd have never become a valued member of Eyes on Final Fantasy if it weren't for their lack of selection!

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

FF1. FF1 got me into playing this game.

Surely I'm not the only one old enough to remember when FF1 was the *only* FF available outside of Japan?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    FF1. FF1 got me into playing this game.

Surely I'm not the only one old enough to remember when FF1 was the *only* FF available outside of Japan?
    No sir, you are not. I also got into Final Fantasy IV right away as a result of being a fan of the first title!