Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: resident evil 6: nobody cares anymore

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Default resident evil 6: nobody cares anymore

i had more fun with the tank controls and using Jill because she had two extra item slots. Resident Evil 2 was even better! What the hell are they doing now, really?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I have seen most of RE5 get played by multiple people, but I have never played it myself because they designed the game around a two player scheme. I kind of thought this one looked cool, but it is way over the top even for a RE game. I didn't have a problem with what they revamped along with the more action based angle with RE4. I still felt it carried a RE vibe to it, but just with a different pace and flavor.

I don't know what else to say, man. I'm still depressed Capcom killed Mega Man.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I guess I'll just have to see how bad it really is for myself when Gamefly sends it to me, because I'm quite leery about buying it.

Every other core series Resident Evil game I've ran out and purchased day one. I was never disappointed. That includes RE5.

But the reception on RE6 is absolutely baffling me. Many people, both fans and critics, say it's absolutely terrible as a game and an entry in the RE series. Other people tell me it's awesome, better than RE4, and that if I liked 4 and 5 I won't be disappointed.

I've never seen a game where the reception ranged so drastically from great to terrible, and was polarized to such a degree.

I started a new playthrough of RE4 tonight for the first time in five or so years to prepare myself. RE4 remains, in my mind, the holy grail of the RE franchise, and the absolute, hands down, best game Capcom has ever developed, so I'll use it as a comparison to RE6.
    I like Kung-Fu.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    I guess I'll just have to see how bad it really is for myself when Gamefly sends it to me, because I'm quite leery about buying it.

Every other core series Resident Evil game I've ran out and purchased day one. I was never disappointed. That includes RE5.

But the reception on RE6 is absolutely baffling me. Many people, both fans and critics, say it's absolutely terrible as a game and an entry in the RE series. Other people tell me it's awesome, better than RE4, and that if I liked 4 and 5 I won't be disappointed.

I've never seen a game where the reception ranged so drastically from great to terrible, and was polarized to such a degree.

I started a new playthrough of RE4 tonight for the first time in five or so years to prepare myself. RE4 remains, in my mind, the holy grail of the RE franchise, and the absolute, hands down, best game Capcom has ever developed besides the entire Megaman Battle Network series, so I'll use it as a comparison to RE6.
    fixd
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I've heard not a smurfing peep. I didn't even know it was out. Way to just undersell the product.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Yea haven't played since 2

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

RE4's well worth the fifteen bucks or so on XBLA/PSN. I wasn't too big on Nemesis and never played Code Veronica.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Played the RE6 demo and my god was it bad. Which is funny because they finally wised up and added a crosshair and have the laser sight show up on pretty much everything, as well as let you move while aiming which were the two things I hated most about RE4 and which weren't changed in RE5. But despite adding those they managed to smurf up in just about every other way I could imagine. I'd be happy to go into more detail if anyone's interested, but there's a demo so I doubt that's necessary.

On the plus side, playing the demo made me yearn for some of the older titles. Might be time to go back and beat the REmake again, or perhaps CV.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Played the RE6 demo and my god was it bad.
    I thought the same thing. I felt like there was something I was missing considering I haven't played RE5 and the RE series really isn't even the same genre of game that enjoyed from 1-3. I didn't even bother finishing it, but I thought it was just me.

But from everything I've been reading about the full game, it's just amateur hour from beginning to end. I'd rent it and play it with a friend for a fun 'bad game night', but I already played Castlevania Lord of Shadow back in February.

Oh well, back to Dishonored.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

The'6' in the logo looks like a man giving a giraffe a blow job. The game can't be that bad.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Me and Pauw have been rinsing this game lately and both of us have thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it's the most fun game I've played so far this year. Pretty different perspectives on the series as well, as Psy's been a fan since the first game and likes most of the series and has enjoyed this, and I only started really playing from Resi 5. But yeah I've had a blast with the game, although that being said I feel in no way inclined to ever touch it as a single player game. As a co-op romp with a friend it's great but really couldn't be arsed to do it solo I don't think. So maybe that significantly enhances the experience? IDK.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It wouldn't have all the bile and shrieking from the internet if it was released as a new intellectual property as opposed to making it part of the main Resi series. It's picking up a lot of hatred that it simply does not deserve. Much of the criticism stems from this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Arrow View Post
    the RE series really isn't even the same genre of game that enjoyed from 1-3.
    Although most people aren't saying it quite as elegantly as FA did. I mean, I guess it's a bad survival horror game, but it's like saying Final Fantasy is a bad baseball simulator. The series has moved on.

I will say it's not perfect either. There are some bizarre design choices such as RANDOM TRUCK OUT OF NOWHERE KILLING YOU, ammo and healing item scarcity and maybe one too many QTEs, but a bad game? Not in the slightest.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    It's picking up a lot of hatred that it simply does not deserve. Much of the criticism stems from this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Arrow View Post
    the RE series really isn't even the same genre of game that enjoyed from 1-3.
    Although most people aren't saying it quite as elegantly as FA did. I mean, I guess it's a bad survival horror game, but it's like saying Final Fantasy is a bad baseball simulator. The series has moved on.
    Anyone who criticizes it on the grounds that it's not a survival horror game is silly because we're on the third main series entry now which isn't a survival horror game so there's really no excuse for people not figuring out that it wasn't going to be survival horror.

but a bad game? Not in the slightest.
    But this I don't agree with. I've played my fair share of cover based third person shooters in the last several years and this is one of the worst on many levels based on what the demo had to show me.

Actually, calling it a cover based third person shooter might not be totally fair because in the demo, not only did I play through two of the scenarios not realizing you could take cover (seriously, the button combination for entering cover is just stupid. I didn't notice it in the 2 seconds it gave me to memorize the controls before the game started and it's no wonder I never stumbled on it on my own), but cover is also seemingly superfluous. I never used it and never had a problem. I'd wonder if that changes later on but I really don't care enough to find out to be honest.
    Last edited by Slothy; 10-15-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

For what it's worth, I went through the entire game without using the cover system. It's not like Gears or GTA IV where if you leave cover, you die. The accuracy for guns at long range is poor, so for me it was pointless anyway. Real men run up to zombies and suplex them.

I'd say it is entirely more melee-orientated than cover-based, and I'd struggle to call it a cover-based shooter as much as I would to call it a survival horror game.

Blog Entries

Mine eyes. They're still using the exact same animation loops as they did in RE4.

there was a picture here