Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead TELEVISION SHOW ONLY 2-DOGG MEMORIAL EDITION (UNMARKED TV SPOILERS)

Another episode of people talking about how they're gonna do stuff! Seriously, have Michonne out there slaying smurfing zombies in the background. Something to make this show not such a damn soap opera.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Thing is though, The Walking Dead isn't content with being a RE5/6 style zombie style slaughter-fest.

I like how the Walking Dead takes a step back. It's the thinking man's zombie drama.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Mostly I just want the group to have a purpose again beyond just survival. Survival with no end in sight is boring - they should have at least an idea of the next goal. The prison is a great base but they never even go outside for exploration except to gather supplies. Entertain me while struggling to stay alive, damn it!

Exactly Pantz, thank you.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pantz View Post
    Mostly I just want the group to have a purpose again beyond just survival. Survival with no end in sight is boring - they should have at least an idea of the next goal. The prison is a great base but they never even go outside for exploration except to gather supplies. Entertain me while struggling to stay alive, damn it!
    Actually, yeah. I agree with that! During the first season, they went to that Disease control centre, and there was quite a good set of episodes there. The second season had them looking for Sophia, which was sort of an ongoing thread. Even there tough, they weren't really doing much..

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Merle has absolutely no reason whatsoever to still be working for the Governor. What? The only thing he cared about beyond himself is his brother (In however smurfed up a way) and now that he's reunited with Daryl what possible motivation does he have for working with the Gov?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I don't think merle will be working for the governor because there hasn't been any internal clashes with anyone in the group since shane. That dynamic of arguments and disagreements adds to the drama. Yeah ricks going crazy but they're gonna need some drama in there after that gets more worked out.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Yeah ricks going crazy but they're gonna need some drama in there after that gets more worked out.
    If it gets worked out. Given that the degradation of morality as the world turns to trout is a heavy-handed theme of the show, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rick's character continue to explore how deep down the rabbit hole Rick can go--how much he can handle--before he snaps.

The thing about the Walking Dead is that after the first season, the hope for a cure was abandoned pretty quickly. The characters have resigned themselves not to saving the world from a zombie apocalypse, but adapting to it. I'll be disappointed if they decided to change that approach.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

1995 Intro

So, yeah. That happened. What happened? Nothing, really. Filler episode. Oh, and we now have a crib, a picture of Rick, Carl, and only-causes-problems, and a ceramic cat.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I'm super excited that Michonne finally has some character development. It's not all *glare*. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cim View Post
    I'm super excited that Michonne finally has some character development. It's not all *glare*. xD
    I agree. Some might see this as a mere filler episode, but I liked it. It filled lots of little loose ends, like with Morgan, but most importantly it really brings out Michonne's character alot more. Carl and Michonne had quite a lovely moment with the picture frame.

Sure, nothing *really* happened, but it had development to it. I rather liked it actually.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    So, yeah. That happened. What happened? Nothing, really. Filler episode. Oh, and we now have a crib, a picture of Rick, Carl, and only-causes-problems, and a ceramic cat.
    Are you kidding me? This episode was outstanding. A turning point in character development. Probably the best episode of season 3 so far.

Y'all want constant zombie slashing or shooting or Governor killing, but the heart of this show are the characters. Without them, who gives a trout.

This episode stuck my heart in my throat and made me tear up SO HARDCORE. I was like (SPOILER)MOOOOOOOORGAAAAAAAAAAN but the fact that (SPOILER)he is so crazy and has, like, condemned himself to this Sisyphus-esque task of atonement, made my heart sad. But it really gave Rick perspective on what could be in store for him, if he gets lost with all the ghosts in his head.

Also I did like getting to know Michonne and her penchant for ugly-ass cat sculptures.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I liked how Rick had to give that speech to (SPOILER)morgan. It was like he was echoing what should have been said to him. I think that helped him more than we know. You can tell at the end when he was like "Yeah I see people... want to drive?" He just outright admits he now has a problem which is a hella important thing for his character development.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    Undeniably wrong opinion.
    Correct rebuttal.
    Seriously. The episode wasn't balls-to-the-walls excitement and zombie slaying, but it was by far the best episode of the show in a long time.