Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead TELEVISION SHOW ONLY 2-DOGG MEMORIAL EDITION (UNMARKED TV SPOILERS)

Except killing him really wouldn't have solved anything. Not until the Woodberry militia were turned towards peace, too. If she'd killed the Governor then, and it was obvious someone had assassinated him, there would have been even worse consequences. That's why she had to run. And, the fact that he followed her, meant that along the way she could try to kill him, but would only dare do so through the walkers. Otherwise, if anyone found the body, or his walking corpse, with a bullet hole or stab wound in it, again, they'd know he was assassinated.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    but would only dare do so through the walkers. Otherwise, if anyone found the body, or his walking corpse, with a bullet hole or stab wound in it, again, they'd know he was assassinated.
    Actually, it's more like he had a gun and she didn't so standing her ground wasn't actually an option.

But you are right about her not shooting him. Had she shot him, she might not have made it out of Woodbury alive, and then the entire town would come down on the prison since a former member of their group was the one to kill him. And they'd have no warning that they were coming.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I guess it's all believeable if you assume that she's just not a naturally suspicious or cautious person, and being a catious person myself, that reason alone would cause me not to like her. But it's hard to believe that someone would be so trusting so quickly after everything she's been through and the situation they are in. That doesn't just go for Andrea, it's strange that all of Woodbury just gladly goes along with all the suspicious ass stuff that goes on around there.

I'll have to read the comic now because I'm sure this is better written in there.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

LONG POST AHEAD!

Honestly, everything about Woodbury just stretched the limits of believability.

People, you are in a zombie apocalypse. I don't care how smurfing secure you think you are in your town, you DO NOT spend your days having picnic and drinking smurfing lemonade. The whole Stepford idyllic setup of Woodbury never worked for me. The world has gone to trout. Yeah, you've secured your borders, but does that really mean these people spend their time watering their plants?! Absurd. And only certain people are allowed to have guns, which is something that irritated the smurf out of me with Rick & Company too when they didn't want the women to have guns. Are you kidding me?! And once the townies started freaking out a bit, one little pep talk from Andrea and they start nodding along as though everything is fine now? The whole situation is ridic.

So you have this already bizarre town and you throw dumbass Andrea into the mix. First of all, the viewers already aren't prone to like her given how she's behaved previously.

So here's Woodbury and it's all fantastic and rainbows and she's getting some sexy time action to boot. Ok, fine. But once her BFF warns her that something isn't right and does everything she can to leave asap, even if Andrea didn't want to go with her she should have started being a little more wary after this.

Instead of being all, "GIRL YOU'RE CRAZY, EVERYTHING IS FINE!!" she could have been like, "Yeah, maybe everything isn't on the up and up but let's bide our time and see how things go." She literally just dismissed any cautionary word that Michonne had. It also didn't help that The Walking Dead relies on everyone NOT COMMUNICATING WITH EACH OTHER. Which is horrid.

But I think viewers would not hate on Andrea as much if she just displayed a healthy, necessary for survival, level of skeptiscim. Watching things more closely and not being blinded by the Governor. Viewers also might have been more sympathetic to Andrea if she didn't ALWAYS come across as a know-it-all. Andrea smurfing SWAGGERS all the time. And it's infuriating because she is so not badass but she thinks she is.

Compare Andrea's reaction to Woodbury with Tyreese. Both were all, THANK YOU BABY JESUS FOR THIS HAVEN!!

But one whiff of something off and Tyreese and his sister are immediately on their guard. And even the other two guys who are in their group. They know that everything isn't sunshine and rainbows, but they don't care. They just want to be safe and stay. Which is a realistic thing, I think.

So I don't think I would hate Andrea as much if she chose Woodbury with her eyes wide open. Like, if she knew that maybe everything wasn't kosher but chose safety instead of the dangers of the outside. If she made the decision that she would accept things that weren't morally ok in exchange for her own survival. But she didn't. She just acted like everything was peachy. THAT is what's so infuriating about Andrea.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is believable in the sense that whenever sex is involved people tend to turn a blind eye to things that are clearly not good for them. I also think it's in Andrea's character to get attached to people—men in particular—really quickly. She is a serial dater in this show so far and wouldn't be surprised if she hooks up with Rick. She should've known hoes before bros mang and LISTENED TO MICHONNE.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Daryl's reaction at the end of this most recent episode made my heart wrench No tears bebe no tears

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Right?! I had to catch the late second viewing and I was all "NO BRO IT'S OKAY BRO NO IT'S OKAY ;_; BRO i'm so sorry bro"

Jas was watching him push Merle around and she was all "he can't kill his brother" and then Daryl just stabbed that face like he could get an orgasm from it.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Poor Daryl.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Really sad end to that episode.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Great, great, ep!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My poor bb Daryl.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

;___________________;

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    My poor bb Daryl.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Poor Daryl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cim View Post
    Right?! I had to catch the late second viewing and I was all "NO BRO IT'S OKAY BRO NO IT'S OKAY ;_; BRO i'm so sorry bro"

Jas was watching him push Merle around and she was all "he can't kill his brother" and then Daryl just stabbed that face like he could get an orgasm from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Daryl's reaction at the end of this most recent episode made my heart wrench No tears bebe no tears
    So no one here feels at all sorry for Merle? I guess Michonne was right.

(Poor Merle )
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 03-27-2013 at 02:00 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I was hoping it would end up a story about the redemption of Merle.
    Figaro Castle

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Merle was a king.