Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 414181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead TELEVISION SHOW ONLY 2-DOGG MEMORIAL EDITION (UNMARKED TV SPOILERS)

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Andrea died so the episode was a success in my book.
    Figaro Castle

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Also I'm tired of Carl's little Shane-acting ass. Don't start that trout, you saw what happened to him.
    I don't care what sort of bulltrout Herschel wants to spout or the writers want us to believe, Carl was right to shoot that kid. When there are at least two people with guns pointed at you and they tell you to drop yours, you don't keep your gun in hand and slowly walk towards the kid. You put your gun down or you get shot. The closer he got with gun still in hand the bigger the threat he posed. If he had just put it down then killing him wouldn't have been such an immediate necessity, but as it was, his inability to follow orders got him killed and it was the right call.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Talking about the comic book, this is quite a radical departure, seeing how in the comic (SPOILER)Andrea's still alive

Formal, welcome to television. Put that right next to Eragon's missing scar, Thalia daughter of Zeus, and Bill and Percy Weasly.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Talking about the comic book, this is quite a radical departure, seeing how in the comic (SPOILER)Andrea's still alive
    (SPOILER)Is Andrea as much of a useless whiny-ass in the comic as she is in the show?
    Figaro Castle

Mediocre ending to an otherwise decent season. Not entirely stellar, but definitely a massive step up from the utter trash that was most of season 2. I was hoping they would go in a different direction for the next season by (SPOILER)killing off The Govenor.

(SPOILER)Merle dying was a good thing, as now Daryl can continue his growth without any influences from his racist, dumb-as-rocks brother. They handled it pretty nicely too. Andrea dying was great because she was such a boring and trivial character - all of the scenes involving her were utter trash. Hopefully Season 4 has more Cutty and less stupid drama.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    (SPOILER)Is Andrea as much of a useless whiny-ass in the comic as she is in the show?
    (SPOILER) She is way more bad ass in the comic. She is also a great deal younger and instead of the tryst with Shane, she and Dale have a pretty long and serious relationship. She's the best sharpshooter ever.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I feel like the show is limited in what ground it can tread by restrictions on what AMC can show on TV. And if this season finale is any indication, we're doomed to slow, painful repetition of the same themes and plot points that became tired a season ago, except this time with different characters. (SPOILER)They can only make an issue of the morality of killing to protect oneself so far before it's time to move on from it as a point that characters still openly debate about. First's it's Shane. Then it's Rick. Now it's Carl.

Glad that Andrea is dead. Her death was meaningless in the end, but her character had already played out (twice). I'm not too thrilled about them taking in all the children, elderly, and infirm from Woodbury. It's going to lead to a rehash of trying to take care of a baby except on a much larger scale. It doesn't signal that the show will be going anywhere that we hadn't already been.

I was initially surprised that the Governor survived, but then I re-considered and asked "Who's going to write off David Morrissey when he can escape and become a recurring villain?" That said, this about sums up my feelings on how that whole plot line was "resolved":

I like the season as a whole (certainly an improvement over the snoozefest that was season two), but the finale gives no promise that the show has anywhere to go but down.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You guys are the biggest bunch of buzz-killing buzz-killers ever.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Why? Because the season finale was mediocre compared to the rest of the season?

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No, I thought some earlier episodes were better than this one. But saying that the show is now doomed, all the themes and characters suck, etc. Buzz-killers.

And it makes me mad that everyone hates Andrea. I had a really long, in depth post I was thinking about earlier today, but meh.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I'm not arguing that the themes and characters suck, there's plenty of characters that I genuinely like. (SPOILER)Daryl is still awesome. Rick looks like he's not going to be such an obnoxious smurf anymore. Michonne improved significantly throughout the season. Tyreese looks like he's in a good position to play the group's moral compass without constantly whining. The themes and plot arcs they have touched on also have been good, but they've been done.

I watched Andrea fall for the bad guy and get burned by it. Twice. I watched Shane play the survival-at-all-costs card and got the bad ending. I watched Rick play the survival-at-all-costs card and got the good ending. I don't need to watch Carl follow it now. I was interested to see Rick's slow descent into insanity, but the meaningful glance at the end of the episode to where he had previously seen Lori suggests that's been resolved. Which is disappointing, since I'd rather watch Rick continue to struggle with how much he can handle, how much he can lose (and try not to turn out like Morgan in the process), instead of a third consecutive season of questioning the role of morality as it conflicts with survival in extreme situations.

The first season was great because they spent it working towards a goal. The second season was awful because a majority of it was sitting on a farm waiting for something to happen. The third season was most exciting when it pitted the group against the Governor and best when it asked tough questions about how far someone can go before they snap (Morgan). The third season sets us up to repeat the second season except sitting in a prison trying to take care of a bunch of kids and elderly. The Governor is still around, but he's no longer powerful enough to pose a main threat without it being drawn out. I'm curious exactly what this season finale left us to look forward to. Given the show's very hit-and-miss track record, I don't think I'm unjustified in being skeptical.

Blog Entries

I actually didn't hate her until this episode.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

More enjoyable episode than most. Glad she died. Rick should have been like "yea you tried and failed ho. And slept with the bad guy. You a ho. Bye ho."

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    TAKE YOUR SWEET TIME ANDREA, KEEP STARING AT HIM AND CHATTING, IT'S NOT LIKE THIS GUY MIGHT BE A WALKER SOON.
    Yeah, dumb ho. She wasted a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Maybe if she wasn't wearing such tight pants to show off for the governor then she could have bent her leg easier to grab it. Like how are those tight of pants practical in a zombie apocalypse? really? And she could have killed him with the plyers with one hand, stupid andrea.
    You're supposed to wear tight clothing so there's less to grab onto.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Also I'm tired of Carl's little Shane-acting ass. Don't start that trout, you saw what happened to him.
    I don't care what sort of bulltrout Herschel wants to spout or the writers want us to believe, Carl was right to shoot that kid. When there are at least two people with guns pointed at you and they tell you to drop yours, you don't keep your gun in hand and slowly walk towards the kid. You put your gun down or you get shot. The closer he got with gun still in hand the bigger the threat he posed. If he had just put it down then killing him wouldn't have been such an immediate necessity, but as it was, his inability to follow orders got him killed and it was the right call.
    I actually thought that he might try and make a play for Carl's gun since he was walking closer. If two people had guns drawn on me like that, I would have dropped my gun where I stood and snapped my hands up.