Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101424 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead TELEVISION SHOW ONLY 2-DOGG MEMORIAL EDITION (UNMARKED TV SPOILERS)

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The huge spike in quality from Season 2 is almost shocking. Way to turn it around!

I...

to those of you who haven't, pick up the comics.

Blog Entries

My god, those last five minutes.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I wonder if this season will end up being the "redemption" of Merle, as was the case for Daryl in season two.
    Figaro Castle

I somehow doubt it...

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    I didn't even like Lori and I still lost my trout when she was saying goodbye to Carl, and then again watching Maggies's reaction and more tears with Rick's reaction. ;_;

Such an intense episode! Oh my god.

So sad about T-dog, but I should have known he was a goner as soon as he was given actual full sentence lines. Poor T-Dog! Hey Show, you do know you're allowed to have more than one black male character, right? I mean Jesus, did they really just kill off one black guy to replace him with another black guy? I hope thats not the case.

Andrea continues to annoy. I want Michonne to leave her ass and go off without her.

The Governor is boring, the worst sin to commit on a tv show.

I'm sure Rick is going to feel like a total asshole for essentially causing the deaths of Lori and T-Dog (who, by the smurfing way, WAS NEVER GIVEN A REAL NAME?!) by not making sure that other prisoner was dead. I thought leaving him to be eaten by zombies was so smurfing cruel of him. Shane level cruel. And look, it comes back to bite them in the ass. Idiot.
    T-Dog's name was Theodore. I can't remember when they tell us that, but they do.

I don't think the show-runner's are basing characters on a quota system of races. I think they're trying to personally hurt me because I really liked T-Dog a lot.

As a rule I don't cry much, but what Lori said to Carl before she died made me lose my mind. There are things we just can't say to people until we're put in a no-win situation - and isn't that awful? How could life have been different for so many months between her and her son if she could've said it before.

Carl has come a long way from the little boy who wouldn't stay in the house.

Also I just want to hug and hug and hug and hug everyone. That would be my job in the zombie apocalypse. To hug people.

Signature by rubah. I think.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For the record I wasn't actually meaning to complain about unmarked spoilers being in a thread with a giant UNMARKED SPOILERS label on it because I am not an idiot I was just playin'

Why did they do that to Theodore Doggophilus though He was the best character that isn't Daryl. RIP in peaces, TWD

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    T-Dog's name was Theodore. I can't remember when they tell us that, but they do.

I don't think the show-runner's are basing characters on a quota system of races. I think they're trying to personally hurt me because I really liked T-Dog a lot.
    Was his name really given on the show? I know he was named Theodore simply from reading it online, but I didn't know it was ever actually given on the show.

And if this were another show, you maaaaybe can give them the benefit of a doubt. But given how problematic The Walking Dead has been with the whole T-dog token black guy thing, I would be really surprised if they didn't seriously feel that they had already met the black character quota and wouldnt introduce another black character without getting rid of the existing one.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I don't have a problem with unmarked spoilers, but I'd like it if we could announce when we're starting to discuss a new episode. I'm not great at keeping track of when new episodes air so I forget when to stop reading. But maybe that's just me, in which case feel free to disregard this. (It's also nice when you're catching up on a show you're behind on to not have to finish the season before reading the thread, though)

I wasn't that distraught about T-Dog, to be honest. I was kind of surprised he didn't go when he got his arm cut open on that car door in season 2. He never really seemed to be given a distinct personality. Lori though, that scene wrecked me ;_____;

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some of you just don't understand how tokens work. Glenn is my favorite, so if another Asian shows up I'm gonna be freaking out.

I really didn't expect Lori to die. I was in denial right up until Carl shot her. That whole thing was really well written and directed. When Rick just got up close and looked at Carl I about died.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I missed the last episode can anyone help me out

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tip: Use the internet.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

And Google "Eyes on Final Fantasy The Walking Dead, Season 3 (UNMARKED SPOILERS)". You should be able to find an episode recap there.
    Figaro Castle

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rantz, if you ever see me post on a Sunday night, you can guess it's new episode time. But I think whoever makes the first post about a new episode can just put a little disclaimer in there. Like EPISODE FIVE, WE ALL CRY A BUNCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    Some of you just don't understand how tokens work. Glenn is my favorite, so if another Asian shows up I'm gonna be freaking out.

I really didn't expect Lori to die. I was in denial right up until Carl shot her. That whole thing was really well written and directed. When Rick just got up close and looked at Carl I about died.
    First off, word to Glenn. I don't know that he's my favorite anymore, because Daryl is the right mix of good guy and douche bag, but he's up there and we need to hear from him more.

The C-section scene was very intense and very sad, but also hopeful. It's astounding that Lori could so readily accept death in order to protect the life she was bringing into the world. I don't think it's a thought process that's unique to her, I'm sure there are far too many mothers are faced with that decision, but the fact that she still believes enough in the world, in her new family, in Carl and most especially in Rick, to bring such a fragile but important thing through at the sacrifice of herself... that's powerful.

I watched one of the mini-documentaries on the website that said one of the goals of this season was to find Rick's breaking point - and that this is probably right around where he loses it. I think a lot of people have difficulty grieving for people whose death they don't experience first-hand. I hope that in the end, he realizes she was able to make the decisions she did because she trusted him again.

ALL THE FEELS EVER.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If she needed a C-section, pretty sure she would have died in childbirth anyway. Prior to the birth it showed blood coming from down there which implies something ruptured and she was a goner at that point.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum