Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111525 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead TELEVISION SHOW ONLY 2-DOGG MEMORIAL EDITION (UNMARKED TV SPOILERS)

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I meant more the whole process of carrying the baby. Maggie cutting her open and essentially killing her was just the culmination in what I imagine to be a 9 month process of coming to terms with her own mortality, after she'd decided against aborting. Essentially I think she's known that one way or another the pregnancy or the baby would more likely kill her. But maybe not. Maybe she thought if Hershel could save Carl, then he could do anything.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Blog Entries

My mate won't admit to sheeding a tear, but he did. Crying 'bout something as intense and heartbreaking as the last episode, is not emasculating at all.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I won't lie to you, I hated Lori. I hated her face. But seeing the reaction of Carl and Rick was just D;
    They need to pay whomever plays Rick more money, because up until he did that fall down and fetal position thing, he had me balling like a baby. It was intense. T-Dog dying was just kind of, eh. He never really got any character development and he wasn't a very good real world replacement for the Terrell in the comics where I love the character.

AMG I was crying sooooo much just now.

Watching Rick hover around the baby without so much as commenting on it. I think he's going to feel the need to reject the baby.

As for Lori, I couldnt imagine what it would be like going through a situation like that. She was so excited by the end of it, seeing hershel walk around again.

And then there was Carl. Oh boy. That boy has seriously done some growing. He really stood up in this episode, and i liked it. The carl that always left the smurfing house no longer exists.

My nose is plugged from the crying. D;
    ~*Fizzgig*~

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Huh, I'm still on season 2 but I skimmed this anyway. Anyway I'll be done with season 2 in about 2 days. Glad Michonne shows up! And did someone say Dale's dead? Kinda disappointed that Dale/Andrea didn't happen! I guess that's too scandalous for the TV show

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    I didn't even like Lori and I still lost my trout when she was saying goodbye to Carl, and then again watching Maggies's reaction and more tears with Rick's reaction. ;_;

Such an intense episode! Oh my god.

So sad about T-dog, but I should have known he was a goner as soon as he was given actual full sentence lines. Poor T-Dog! Hey Show, you do know you're allowed to have more than one black male character, right? I mean Jesus, did they really just kill off one black guy to replace him with another black guy? I hope thats not the case.

Andrea continues to annoy. I want Michonne to leave her ass and go off without her.

The Governor is boring, the worst sin to commit on a tv show.

I'm sure Rick is going to feel like a total asshole for essentially causing the deaths of Lori and T-Dog (who, by the smurfing way, WAS NEVER GIVEN A REAL NAME?!) by not making sure that other prisoner was dead. I thought leaving him to be eaten by zombies was so smurfing cruel of him. Shane level cruel. And look, it comes back to bite them in the ass. Idiot.
    Miriel about sums up my thoughts! Except I legit like Andrea

I'm so glad I wasn't the only siss tearing up at this last episode. I can't believe how emotional I got. It was sad as Lori was talking to Carl, and then got sadder, and then OH MY GOD and Maggie choking and sobbing just threw me over the edge. Rick's reaction was heartbreaking.

I am going to speculate here and suggest that Carl did not actually shoot Lori. We didn't see it happen, there is room for doubt. This show has played on that before (MERLE).

Speaking of, I quite like Merle. I'm hoping that he's going the Daryl route. He seems to have calmed down quite a bit. I think he'll be okay if he meets up with the group. Here's to hoping.

Can't wait to see what the next episode brings.

Merle is clearly NOT like his brother.

Who knows though...

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I was excited lori was dying

I also thought sweet justice was served to me on a silver platter when Lori died. In my opinion, she never contributed a single thing to the group but bickering, the burden of a pregnant woman, and now, a baby. Great. She never had a likable personality, not even good looking, just overall a character I hated from episode one.

T-Dog dying, like has been said before, didn't really affect me. He's always been a very minor character, so I never could get attached to him.

However, I think I know the real reason they killed him off. For Merle. You guys really think he could have come back to the group for any sort of redemption while BOTH T-Dog and Rick were still a part of it? I don't. He would have killed one, maybe both, of them, and either tried to take control, or ran off on his own again, possibly with Daryl. But now, I think that he'll be able to reconcile with Rick, instead of having to deal with two people that he hasn't liked since he met them.

Oh, and I hope Carl is next.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    Merle is clearly NOT like his brother.

Who knows though...
    Yeah but we never saw Merle except when everything went to trout in Atlanta. In Woodbury he's clearly still a rough and vicious guy, but he's also clearly got a great deal of loyalty to his brother and, course though he is, he's been pretty decent towards Andrea (and vice-versa). He's a racist jackass who hates taking orders, but that's not insurmountable. Daryl wasn't exactly the nicest guy to start with either and now he's completely indispensable to the group, and not at all unwelcome. That said I doubt Merle's going to forget the whole "handcuffed to a roof" thing in a hurry, especially as he can't take it out on T-Dogg anymore.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Even though Lori is a cheating whore I still got teary eyed at her death. I didn't really feel anything when T-Dawg died mostly because it all happened so suddenly and he was a meh character. I felt mostly bad at Lori's death because her son had to witness it. COMIC SPOILERSI like the direction they're going in though -- swaying away from the horrible writing in the comics. I never liked the whole Lori gets shot in the stomach and crushes the baby thing. That dude honestly writes for shock value only which makes the comics severely lack depth. In the comics Maggie also gets preggers, but it seems instead of getting pregnant she might just be taking care of Lori's baby. I hope, cuz I'd rather not have a pregnant Maggie she's way too awesome to have that weigh her down.

Michonne not leaving Andrea is most likely strength in numbers and Michonne knows Andrea is strong. Andrea was able to gtfo of the farm by herself before Michonne saved her ass. They need each other and they know it. Michonne on the other hand, was traveling with people (living people) before she met Andrea most likely as hinted when that weird tea guy says she knew the zombies she was enslaving.

Plus Andrea is smurfing awesome. Yes, she's a bit naive, but Michonne is paranoid as smurf even though I know it's good reason. The Governor is not to be trusted. Still if you have some where with food, shelter, water, obviously you'd be hesitant to leave. Andrea is just going with her Rick Grimes instinct to fortify at a "safe" haven.

In the end all of these people with exception to inevitably Carl and Michonne (most likely) will be dead so I'm not going to bother getting too attached to them.

I don't know how anyone can get distressed when a character dies in this show, because they are collectively pretty completely un-compelling. I've seen every episode and I still don't even know everyone's names. They're "Rick," "wife," "kid," "cancer woman," "black guy," "farmer guy," "blonde," etc.

I still watch it, though, if only know what everyone else is talking about. I thought the episode with the Governor was the best one they've done. I actually felt like watching it!
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 11-09-2012 at 08:31 AM.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Even though Lori is a cheating whore I still got teary eyed at her death.
    Lori was a lot of things (useless, sexist, hypocritical, bad mother, etc) but cheating whore wasn't one of them. When you are told that your husband is dead, that's that. Especially since prior to explicitly being told he was dead, you knew that he was comatose in a hospital overridden with zombies and there is no smurfing way he should have survived. Was it smart for her to shack up with Shane? Hell no, but it wasn't cheating and she wasn't being a whore.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah seriously what on earth is that Shiny

Also anyone who doesn't know T-Dogg was the best thing on this show and indeed television just doesn't know anything about TV.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Also anyone who doesn't know T-Dogg was the best thing on this show and indeed television just doesn't know anything about TV.
    No, I did not know this. He didn't really have enough screen time for me to have been informed of it.