Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead TELEVISION SHOW ONLY 2-DOGG MEMORIAL EDITION (UNMARKED TV SPOILERS)

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I feel I should share Bear McCreary's videos about some of the soundtracks.

Here have him discuss the Governors theme.

Also how about that crushing lori death Want to know why it made you cry? WELP THE MUSIC.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bear is an amazing composer. I wouldn't say Nobou Uemtsu amazing, but his work on the Battlestar Galactica series and this one has been phenomenal. One of my friends from uni is obsessed with him, and got me into him a few years before The Walking Dead came out. I was excited when I saw his name in the opening credits and I'm excited to see what else he has in store.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Even though Lori is a cheating whore I still got teary eyed at her death.
    Lori was a lot of things (useless, sexist, hypocritical, bad mother, etc) but cheating whore wasn't one of them. When you are told that your husband is dead, that's that. Especially since prior to explicitly being told he was dead, you knew that he was comatose in a hospital overridden with zombies and there is no smurfing way he should have survived. Was it smart for her to shack up with Shane? Hell no, but it wasn't cheating and she wasn't being a whore.
    Yes she was not a cheating whore. I said that for effect. But she is pretty smurfed up considering right after shacking up with Shane she goes and sleeps with Rick while her son is in the friggin room. On top of that she goes and treats Shane like crap after all he did for her and her son. They are both horrible people. I loved when Rick got his karma after leaving that guy with a bunch of zombies and treating Lori like crap. Rick's time will come.
    First you call her a cheating whore, then you can't fathom why she would be less-than-nice to the man who lied to her about her husband being dead. Where is your empathy, woman?
    It's hard to have empathy for a fictional character that's so trite and useless. I said I still got teary when the bitch died since her son was right there; that should be enough.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I smurfing love this show. When I saw The Governor brushing hair I thought OH MY GOD HE'S BRUSHING ONE OF HIS HEADS but nope. Still creepy, though.

Was that entire list a list of women's names? I wonder what the hell is up with that. I definitely think Penny is his daughter, but this show is so good at twisting things around lately, it could be his wife or sister or something.

also uh, when Rick found the birthing scene and that walker there, was it implied that it ate her? or something? I'm still skeptical because I didn't see Lori get shot and I haven't seen a body. Still think she's going to pop up somewhere as a walker. Perhaps the same thing about Carol - I don't know how she could survive.

I have to say that it's refreshing how much the entire group wants to keep the baby alive.

Pretty sure weird stuff is going to start happening in The Governor's town now that Michonne is left and Andrea is there alone. I honestly didn't see what the big deal about the ZOMBIE SMACKDOWN stuff was - sure it's barbaric, but it's not... evil, I guess. As long as people aren't dying, I don't see a reason for it to not happen. I think Andrea overreacted and I'm curious to see what else she's going to find that will turn her against The Governor.

poor michonne ;-; come baaaaack!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    poor michonne ;-; come baaaaack!
    Trying not to spoil anything, but let's just say that if things unfold even remotely like they did in the comics, the last place Michonne should ever want to set foot again is Woodbury. Don't go back Michonne. Just smurfing run.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks a lot, jerk. Now I'm pining for the next episode even more than I was before!

omg so curious ;-;

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If I'm a jerk for making people more excited to watch this show then I will gladly accept the title.

I said I still got teary when the bitch died since her son was right there;
    I cheered like a giddy schoolgirl, same as when Sephiroth delivered sweet justice at the end of disc 1 of FFVII.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    also uh, when Rick found the birthing scene and that walker there, was it implied that it ate her?
    I don't think you totally got the scene. The walker WAS Lori. Carl didn't have the heart to shoot her. That was the whole reason Rick went back into the block, because he knew neither Carl nor Maggie could have done it.
    Last edited by FFIX Choco Boy; 11-19-2012 at 01:05 AM.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

It was too decomposed to be Lori! She wasn't dead but 10 minutes by the time Rick got in there and I don't think that walker ate her either, they've never eaten bones before. I don't know what the hell that was. :c\

It was Lori. The distended stomach, because she was pregnant. He stares into its eyes and it shows Lori. It has the same facial structure and stuff. I don't know about the decomposition, but I'm 99% positive it was her.

FFXIV Character

I know Lauri didnt have the biggest rack on her, but amc wouldn't show them on television. That walker didnt have a shirt on and Rick pulled up a bloody bullet from where Lauri's head was. That walker ate all or most of her.

Hmm, maybe I just don't remember the scene very well. Too much joy in the potential of seeing her die again, could have made me imagine it...

FFXIV Character

Yeah, it happens. Also that walker was definitely wearing pants xD

Next episode starting here.

I just wanna start off by saying, Andrea, no... Just, no... That's terrible.

And is Rick, like, hallucinating the calls, and Herschal is just letting it happen? Because there was no dial tone on that phone at all.

FFXIV Character

Herschal is an awesome enough guy that he knows that some people need to get over things in strange, strange ways. I am soooooooo excited for Michonne to finally team up with Rick and I'm very scared for Glen's chica. So, so scared. :C
    Last edited by CimminyCricket; 11-19-2012 at 05:38 PM.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Carl did shoot Lori. She did not turn and that was not her that got stabbed in the stomach. The scene happened too fast to be clear but I am sure that the walker he stabbed in the stomach was not Lori. As for the phone calls...