Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead TELEVISION SHOW ONLY 2-DOGG MEMORIAL EDITION (UNMARKED TV SPOILERS)

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's TVMA, I'm sure.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

You know, they actually don't show much gore or anything except for the occasional feeding frenzy, which really only happens every 4 episodes or so.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    having read the comics well beyond this point it is really interesting to read your guys's comments.

i haven't watched since episode 2 of season 1 honestly. but i wonder how they're keeping it rated anything less than R. probably taking a lot of stuff out.
    The Walking Dead is rated TV-14 instead of TV-MA.

Sexual content as well as using the word smurf seem to get things pushed into the mature territory, whereas grotesque violence does not. This is true for movies too. Gore and violence usually get a R rating, and a guy going down on a girl gets a NC-17 rating. America is weirdly accommodating of depictions of violence.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

TV14 for that trout? The smurf?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

The United States of America: The land where it's perfectly fine to sensor love, and perfectly fine to screen and advocate violence.

Season 3 has been much better than 2. I enjoy the pace more. The prison stuff is fun, as is the governor. There are lot of things I like. The Internet isn't for liking trout though, it's for bitching about stuff you voluntarily watch. NERD RAGE, ohoho.

I've read the comics and as a fan I can't help but compare and be mad at what they ruin because I'm one of those people. I understand taking liberties. Hell, I want them to. I don't want a shot-for-shot remake of a story I already know. But there's a difference between liberties for your adaption and rewriting characters entirely for no reason. If the Harry Potter movies made Harry a coward, Hermione a moron, and Ron have no sense of humor, I'd be pretty pissed about that too.

So with that said, yeah... Andrea and Michonne are two of my favorite characters in the comics. Michonne is guarded, sure, but she always seemed calm and collected more than hostile. They sort of avoid her at first, but she wasn't necessarily unapproachable either. No wizard said, "It's dangerous to go alone!" and threw that sword at her. She explained where it came from and her zombie slaves without caring too much. Some of her conversations with Rick and Carl are actually quite sweet. Introducing her to the group in a different way than the comics kind of left no time for that progression, fine, but that doesn't mean they should leave it all out either. Make the most of the scenes you have. Don't make her stare at people! Maybe they took the criticisms that their females characters were always whining and never helping to the extreme. I thought Michonne would be nearly impossible for the show to smurf up, so hats off for managing.

Andrea's good qualities were given to Daryl. He stole half her personality. His capabilities, priorities, and loyalties that make him fun are supposed to be hers. They have been so in love with their original creation that they would rather other characters be dense if it means he gets another cool scene. They messed her up from the start and have nowhere to go now. I don't even know what her personality is anymore.

The way they have handled these two is extra aggravating when I look at a character like Maggie. I think she is written pretty well in the third season so far. It took them getting past season 2, but they got it eventually. She has a nice balance of flaws to make her interesting and strengths to make her likable. You know, the basic foundation for an actual character. Most of the fellas get this already, and she proves the ladies can too.

Or I'll just get over it. Maybe that.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

smurfing Andrea. smurfing Michonne.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well, mid-season break now. Joy. Smurfing breaks...

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Signature by rubah. I think.

Smurfing Lori, just stay dead.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

COMIC BOOK SPOILERSI'm afraid Glenn is going to die in the next episode.

I know how he goes out in the books but he was on the couch on Talking Dead tonight and he is trying to get Michonne to take him back to Woodbury and in the season 3 pt. II trailer you see Michonne driving Rick someplace ALONE and maybe Glenn goes there and dies while Rick is trying to get him back.

And if that happens I will probably just stop watching. I can't take much more of this sad bad times.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    COMIC BOOK SPOILERSI'm afraid Glenn is going to die in the next episode.

I know how he goes out in the books but he was on the couch on Talking Dead tonight and he is trying to get Michonne to take him back to Woodbury and in the season 3 pt. II trailer you see Michonne driving Rick someplace ALONE and maybe Glenn goes there and dies while Rick is trying to get him back.

And if that happens I will probably just stop watching. I can't take much more of this sad bad times.
    Having read the entire comic book series, I think I can safely say I am immune to sad bad times and will keep watching regardless of who dies.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    America is weirdly accommodating of depictions of violence.
    You can say that much...that's horrible. We're way too blase about violence and too strict on sexuality.

Premiere episode sucked. Rick's a bitch.

So, Merle... Redemption, or are him and Daryl going to be alone for a long time?