Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead TELEVISION SHOW ONLY 2-DOGG MEMORIAL EDITION (UNMARKED TV SPOILERS)

I wasn't saying I didn't like the episode, because I really did. Just that there wasn't as much happening as there should have been. Most of what happened could have been wrapped up faster, and at the same time allow us to see another storyline going on during the same timeframe. Like, I wanted to know what was happening with the Governor and Andrea. See her really struggle with her choice to kill him or not.

Also, spoilers are allowed without tags in this thread, if I understand correctly. Just not comic book spoilers.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Straight up the best episode in forever, and I say that being a pretty big fan of season 3 so far. It was pretty awesome to get a whole episode of character development and seeing all of the characters actually develop. Rick starting to accept his issues, Carl trying to deal with his mom being gone and having to be a little badass, Michonne actually having lines that aren't STAGE DIRECTION: MICHONNE GLARES LIKE SHE JUST SMELLED A FART... it was great.

I also cannot begin to fathom why anyone would want to see anything to do with Andrea except her getting eaten because holy trout she is a terrible character.

As for spoilers yeah but on the other hand, does it really bug you enough that people might be adding a bit of security for anyone who checks the thread without thinking that you're going to comment on it?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Michonne made me laugh a whole two times. Best episode ever? Maybe.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Mat said welcome." was the best line

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I liked the episode a lot, too. Probably the best episode of the season so far. I think Michonne's sudden decision to entrust Rick and Carl with so many words at once was a bit of a sudden turn, but maybe it was around this point during production they started hearing fan complaints about her. I like it, anyway. She can be a badass without being ridiculously mistrustful.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well she heard them talking when they were stuck. She probably realized she can't keep going that way.

I didn't like that they didn't even flinch about that hitchhiker guy. Poor hitchhiker guy got eaten

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I didn't like that they didn't even flinch about that hitchhiker guy. Poor hitchhiker guy got eaten
    Oh trout yeah I meant to comment on that. That just broke my heart. His voice all breaking and stuff T_______________T I mean I get it, but hell.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed that all this dialogue seemed to come from no where. I felt like I was watching something that had already been established.

That guy D:> It was rough, I was all pick him up you have guns make him get in the trunk carl can watch him!!!!!!!

At least they saved his bag, I'd have quit watching if they had left his bag.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    Like, I wanted to know what was happening with the Governor and Andrea. See her really struggle with her choice to kill him or not.
    Here's the thing, though. Most of the best episodes in the season happen when they pick a few characters and just stick with them for a good chunk of time. It's when they try to do too much exposition for too many disparate groups that the episodes get slow. It's when you get a little bit from here then jump to get a little bit from there that things start to fall apart. What was great about this episode was that it had a complete narrative arc on its own. (SPOILER)There was progression for Rick and Michonne, and even some resolution with Rick's interaction with Morgan. In the end, when Rick admitted that he sees his dead wife after Michonne says that she used to talk to her dead boyfriend, there is character development and progress. Plenty happened in this episode. Cutting it down to try and wrap it up faster and slip in some small update about other characters would have cheapened the narrative progression. It would have weakened Rick's character development. It would have weakened Michonne's character development.

I see what you mean. I guess that's part of the genius of this show, though. It appeals to so many different types of groups, not every episode will be a good one to everyone. So, I guess we're watching for different reasons.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Here's the thing, though. Most of the best episodes in the season happen when they pick a few characters and just stick with them for a good chunk of time. It's when they try to do too much exposition for too many disparate groups that the episodes get slow. It's when you get a little bit from here then jump to get a little bit from there that things start to fall apart. What was great about this episode was that it had a complete narrative arc on its own.
    Pretty much this. The best episodes are the character centric ones with only three or four characters actually getting a spotlight. They are very good.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Straight up the best episode in forever, and I say that being a pretty big fan of season 3 so far. It was pretty awesome to get a whole episode of character development and seeing all of the characters actually develop. Rick starting to accept his issues, Carl trying to deal with his mom being gone and having to be a little badass, Michonne actually having lines that aren't STAGE DIRECTION: MICHONNE GLARES LIKE SHE JUST SMELLED A FART... it was great.
    I agree, and I also think the Michonne lines were more organic than they seemed. I think we have to keep in mind during all the glaring times she was hurt, scared, sleep deprived and hopped up on adrenaline. And no one was especially nice to her from go. Still, that cat was ugly.

I also cannot begin to fathom why anyone would want to see anything to do with Andrea except her getting eaten because holy trout she is a terrible character.
    I feel so defensive of her all the time. Andrea is a great character. She makes bad decisions (but sometimes good, smart ones.) She loves people! She hates people! She tries hard! Sometimes she gets jealous! Sometimes she gives up!

I think Andrea is a very realistic character for the show and I also think she adds a lot of regular ol' humanity. They can't all be super survivors.

As for the spoilers, I still cover up anything major because a lot of EoFFers don't see the show until a few days after the east coast US.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    I feel so defensive of her all the time. Andrea is a great character. She makes bad decisions (but sometimes good, smart ones.) She loves people! She hates people! She tries hard! Sometimes she gets jealous! Sometimes she gives up!
    I don't dislike Andrea as a character, but I certainly dislike what they've done with her this season. My beef with her is that her relationship with the governor is very been there, done that. It feels like a more drawn-out replay of what happened between her and Shane. She is in a position now to play an interesting role, but most of this season it's just been disappointing watching her fall for and sympathize with the villain--again.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like how they introduced the prisoners and essentially killed them all off immediately it's a great subtle yet in your face "CRIME NEVER PAYS BITCHES!" statement in there if there ever was one.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Despite how her stupid glares were THEY CAN'T GET RID OF MICHONNE. Her and Daryl are the best fighters they have right now. Stupid andrea. Should have just killed him when she slept with him. :/