Page 1 of 26 12345671121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead TELEVISION SHOW ONLY 2-DOGG MEMORIAL EDITION (UNMARKED TV SPOILERS)

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default The Walking Dead TELEVISION SHOW ONLY 2-DOGG MEMORIAL EDITION (UNMARKED TV SPOILERS)

EDIT2: Discussion of the comic book goes elsewhere. DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMIC BOOK OR POSSIBLE FUTURE OF THE SHOW.

(I know that seems really redundant, but I put that disclaimer in for anyone who uses the mouseover preview.)

Where is the thread? Am I gonna make it alla time or did I just miss it. (This is about The Walking Dead, beeteedubs)

EPISODE ONE, SEASON THREE MOTHER smurfERS. GET EXCITED.

ACTUALLY START TO CRY RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE (SPOILER)Herschel ;________;.

Why doesn't Robert Kirkman understand that you do not smurf with a father daughter relationship? Especially when there are two daughters and they kind of remind me of my family and it took literally everything I had not to start bawling.

Okay, the good!

1) MICHONNE. Bad. Ass.
    2) Andrea ain't dead and can learn more badassery from Michoooooooonne.
    3)The Ricktatorship is in full effect, bitches. Lori, face it girl, this is what you get for all the trout you pulled on him. I do feel for her though, she's alone and she's doing the scariest thing ever in the scariest setting ever.
    4) I liked the singing

The great.

1) Daryl.

The worst.
    1) Carol might redeem herself this season, if she learns to shoot straight, but the cheesy pickup lines on Daryl? I mean that is game about level with mine and I have no game.

2) HERSCHEL. YOU CAN'T KILL HIM. I NEED HIM. WE NEED HIM.

And finally, the twist.
    1)Walkers in body armor? smurfing cheaters.
    2)PRISONERS? WTF?

Talk about season 3 of the best show on TV in this thread! Be mindful this thread will be fraught with spoilers and many of them could be unmarked, so read at your own risk.

EDIT: Also, this thread is for show only. Please DO NOT reveal anything from the comics in this thread as it could spoil upcoming TV storyline. Only talk about events in the most recent episode.

Signature by rubah. I think.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I feel pretty dumb now because I read your post like three times and still can't figure out which show you're talking about.

And now that you edited the first post, I better do the same to to avoid appearing even dumber than I felt to the rest of the forumgoers!
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-15-2012 at 05:03 AM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

.....Arrrr matey

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I watched it and I am glad I continue to watch it despite having read the graphic novels.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I can't bring myself to watch the 3rd season. D: There has been nothing redeeming about anything in the first two seasons, all I did was complain about how awful everyone and everything is.

I had forgotten about it, but now I have been reminded and am vaguely tempted to check it out. ;_;

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    (SPOILER)2) HERSCHEL. YOU CAN'T KILL HIM. I NEED HIM. WE NEED HIM.
    Spoiler in case people haven't seen the episode yet, though I'd say we just put people on notice now that if you haven't seen the latest episode you should avoid this thread/unsubscribe/whatever because I hate having to use spoiler tags for an entire thread.

(SPOILER)He might not die depending on how they go with this. I can't say more without spoiling from the comics a bit, but suffice it to say that a few people have lost limbs to the walkers with varying results.

I was also pleased to see Rick's Hatchet make an appearance. About time.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Rick's Hatchet" is a thing? I'm intrigued.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He's kills many a walker with that hatchet FOA. Hopefully we see more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I can't bring myself to watch the 3rd season. D: There has been nothing redeeming about anything in the first two seasons, all I did was complain about how awful everyone and everything is.

I had forgotten about it, but now I have been reminded and am vaguely tempted to check it out. ;_;
    The first half of the second season was pretty unbearable. Then they got rid of two of the worst characters ever acted/written and it got loads better. Dale and Shane were absolutely horrible and served only to cause unnecessary drama and stupidity. Had they killed off Shane immediately as he started his lame powergrab it would have been fine.

The first episode was really good. I hope Herschel lives, but going off the sneak peeks they did of season three, I don't think he will. They'll probably drag it out a few episodes though. Unless one of the prisoner dudes gets scared and offs him.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had this conversation with a friend of mine - how did you feel about the pacing of this episode? I kind of felt like I just started to watch it and BLAM it was over with? That was probably by necessity - there was a lot to establish in the episode, but do you think the rest of the season will go so quickly?

Also do you think Carol and Daryl will really couple up?

I had this conversation with a friend of mine - how did you feel about the pacing of this episode? I kind of felt like I just started to watch it and BLAM it was over with? That was probably by necessity - there was a lot to establish in the episode, but do you think the rest of the season will go so quickly?
    I think the pacing was perfect. They had to introduce the prison, since it'll be the main setting for the third season (at least for Rick's group) just like the farm was for the second season. As more characters get introduced and Andrea/Michonne's story starts to take off it will slow down.

I wouldn't be surprised. They've been hinting at it since early in season two.

What I want to know is how the hell it took them months to find the prison when it was right there. Wouldn't they have stumbled on it after at least a week or two? They clearly remained in the area where the last season ended. Shouldn't someone (Daryl) stumbled upon it at some point?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They talked in the beginning of the episode a little while that they'd been making a big circle of the area and that they'd wintered on the opposite of where ever they were at that point.

Uggggggggh Daryl and Carol. No.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This started up again? I should watch it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

YES YOU SHOULD. But you should not ready this post any further, Del Murder, because I ain't marking my spoilers.

Okay so my heart is fine because so far Herschel is okay. I lost it when Maggie was telling him it was okay to die. I don't know how many of you have experienced significant loss - I know I haven't lost anyone as important as a parent - and I just don't think I could be that brave. I think the hardest part of coping with death is the ability to "let go" of the person who is dying or has died. I can't put that thought into sensible words right now, but you guys get what I'm saying, right? Anyway, Maggie is far and away my favorite lady on the show right now - and let's be honest that's been true for a while.

Soooo what else. Rick destroyed the Hispanic Shane wannabe and I was like YAY but the dude that came at him with the bat... he just left him for walkerfood in that courtyard. Perhaps there will be some pitfalls in the Ricktatorship.

I am happy to see that Lori and Carol are both working on redemption, Carol by finding something useful to do besides whine and Lori by coming to terms with how troutty of a human being she was for a while. I found myself a little pissed off at Rick for the "we're all grateful" line because... well regardless of where she and Rick are right now, she's as much a part of that group as he is, although he is the de facto leader. I just wonder how much of his pushing her away is because he's hurt by her, to keep himself objective or because he doesn't want to hurt her.

WHO IS IN THE WOODS? You know who I think is in the woods? And has been in the woods like the whole time? Mother smurfing MERLE DIXON. Son of a bitch. I wonder what'll happen when he and Daryl meet-up again, now that Daryl is so ingrained within the group.

Meh, I just can't wait for The Governator to arrive.

Also what's all this 'trout' talk now!?
    Last edited by Araciel; 10-22-2012 at 05:11 PM.