Thread: Trailers and such.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Default Trailers and such.

Do you watch or enjoy trailers? Do they tingle your insides all pleasant like?

This is probably the best one I've seen all year. Finally have my curiosity piqued by the possibility of entertainment. Hopefully it won't be a tease like this one.

Last edited by Nicolas; 07-20-2013 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Both work now so bite me, James. :D

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Trailers are the best part of the movie. I will freak out if I don't get there in time for previews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

An error occurred please try again later

OR

Why you should tell us which trailers they are.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love trailers that fool the viewer, by making it look like they're showing spoilers, but they're not (they're showing about four different scenes together, but it looks like one scene being spoiled if that makes sense) a dying art, as a lot of trailers do spoil these days.

A good example is Final Destination they make it look like they're giving away the deaths, but they're not (even though sometimes they do actually reveal at least one death).

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Trailers these days rely too much on spoiling things for the sake of garnering interest. If I already know I'm going to watch a movie, I will avoid watching the trailers.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel like it can be hit or miss with trailers. Sometimes way too much is given away, sometimes it's completely obscure and doesn't give the right feel for the movie at all. The trailer for Secretary is an incredibly unfortunate example of that. It completely cheapens it with the weird scene cuts and the quirky music and the narrative text.

I'm not usually a trailer person, I'm fine with reading a brief plotline before deciding if a movie is for me or not.

Trailers are a hit and miss nowadays...although it depends on which trailers one is talking about. One of the cool things about video releases before the internet became prominent was watching trailers of upcoming movies (and video releases) before the film itself began. Ditto for trailers seen in cinema...although in our movie theatre the trailers tend to be very loud, which diminishes the impact and tend to make them more annoying.

One of the worst offenders as far as trailers go is Disney whose American trailers rely too much on comedy and hectic action than actually telling us what the story's supposed to be about (or showing us the "heart" of the film, so to speak). Comparing the American and Japanese trailers of Tangled (or Frozen), for example, paints a totally different picture of the film(s) in question. Then again, Disney's marketing tends to suck more often than not, anyway, so it's just one part of a bigger problem on their end.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i really enjoy the trailers before the movie in the cinema! they get me exited for another movie!

last time though, i was really dissapointed when they showed 1 trailer.... of a movie that was already in cinema :l

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I have the IMDb app on my phone so I get notifications about new trailers, which I enjoy. It's nice to check them out and it's a good way to keep up to date, at least when it comes to bigger releases. I also like watching trailers in the theater. I don't notice them giving too much away often, but then I'm terrible at noticing subtle details when things are going as fast as trailers tend to.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pantz View Post
    I also like watching trailers in the theater. I don't notice them giving too much away often, but then I'm terrible at noticing subtle details when things are going as fast as trailers tend to.
    i never really see it either, not untill i have actually finished the movie, haha

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kossage View Post
    One of the worst offenders as far as trailers go is Disney whose American trailers rely too much on comedy and hectic action than actually telling us what the story's supposed to be about (or showing us the "heart" of the film, so to speak). Comparing the American and Japanese trailers of Tangled (or Frozen), for example, paints a totally different picture of the film(s) in question. Then again, Disney's marketing tends to suck more often than not, anyway, so it's just one part of a bigger problem on their end.
    I think I know what you mean, it happens in the UK too, with Pixar, Disney and Dreamworks being the worst offenders, they just show the jokes (which to me makes them less funny when you actually see them in the movie). If it's billed as a comedy, then fair enough show a couple of jokes, and a maybe a few clips of "whackey" scenes, but don't give away too much.

If it's a children's movie that supposed the generate more emotions than just laughter, focus more on the storyline side of the trailer.