Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Question The Staff

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    1. How is it possible that all of you suck so very much? Does Shlup teach classes?
    Unless "teach classes" is code for "working the street corner" I'm not sure I understand the question.

2. Do you think the frontsite is considered a priority by the forums staff? What, if anything, do you think could be improved?
    Based on the amount of discussions we seem to have about it it absolutely is. As for what can be improved, more original content is a big one. I know Boko is putting in huge effort to get some stuff that will blow the forums socks right off, but I'm not sure we're at the stage where we're ready to talk about that yet. I'd also like to find the time to get some articles done up, but I've had to put it on hold until my brain stops trying to make me self destruct.

3. Eliminating forums announcements, by my count 5 staffers have made news or original content updates to the fronstsite in the last 5 pages of articles (roughly one month), only 2 of them more than twice (Jiro and Psychotic, to give appropriate kudos). Do you consider this a problem?
    I think we've seen a good deal of improvement in the amount of front site content that goes up, but in the end, staff are volunteers and sometimes the real world gets in the way. That said, that's where having editors who can clean up the formatting and whatnot in forum posts and promote things to the front site when forum members beat us to the punch is a great thing. You guys get to contribute to making this site awesome, and when we're swamped with crap in the real world it makes it a bit easier to get things done. So yeah, it'd be nice to have the staff be on the ball all of the time, and I think they do their best, but having systems in place that let us benefit from your hard work is a pretty integral part to having steady, timely content when we may miss something or not have the time to do a full write up.

4. Where is the goddamn pie? I was promised pie.
    I recall no mention of pie.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

A million questions in here. Guess I'll start from the top and work my way down, bit by bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    With Final Fantasy being such an older series, as well as shoddy games having been released in recent years what does staff plan to do to not only keep the forum alive, but bring in new members?
    Everyone has a different idea on this. It actually comes up a lot. Personally I wouldn't mind moving to more of a "General Gaming" forum but then we'd lose some of the flavor, wouldn't we? It's a difficult question, which is why we discuss it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    What is your favourite part of being a moderator on a forum of this size? Aside from all the laydeez that flock to you, of course. :P
    I enjoy giving back to a community I like and really feel a part of! Also I get to hang out in the top secret staff forum where we discuss SERIOUS BUSINESS

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Have you considered holding more members to get them to stay?
    Yep, I'm putting them into my Bag of Holding.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigmafuzz View Post
    Would you like some of my hair?
    I'll pass.

If you could add one feature to the forum, what would it be?
    I'd hook us up to Wordpress because I think that's a much better blogging platform than whatever we've got going here. Unfortunately that's easier said than done!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    Hmm I guess the question of whether there will be other things to get people involved with the site is already answered (and it does work, I was posting a little bit here and there but feel a lot more involved now)

On a similar note then, do you think it'd be a good idea to carry on some sort of system for focusing on a different FF each day? Maybe having an "Eyes on Final Fantasy n" theme each day, the respective forum highlighted at the top, earn gil for posting there on the day etc?

Bonus question since that's kind of a suggestion disguised as a question.
    Has moderating ever driven any of you guys to drink?
    Regarding your first question: We've sort of maybe got something in the works for this for a special event. Bringing up the gil is a good idea. We actually talk about this sort of thing more than people probably think we do.

Regarding your second question: No but sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the bots when they go crazy. Also that April Fools thing that foa masterminded- that happened right after I was CK'd and kind of drove me nuts. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    What do you think is the single worst thing about EoFF currently?
    I don't like that there seems to be a divide between "Final Fantasy fan EoFF"/lower forum-goers and "Community fan EoFF"/general forum-goers and that sometimes we hardly see each other. I think it would be neat if there was more integration, but I don't know if that will ever happen, just because of the nature of this forum and how it's evolved.

Where would you like the forums to be in a year?
    Where do you think the forums will actually be in a year?
    I'd like us to be busier and more of a visible hub for Final Fantasy. Realistically I think we'll be about the same as we are right now.

Have you seen my car keys?
    I'm looking, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    Define "chuck".

Okay, gonna put the rest in another post so this doesn't get too obscenely long.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lockharted View Post
    If the site were to get more funding from places, would it ever be possible for the site to hold Final Fantasy events in places?
    We'd do all sorts of fun thing with unlimited money

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    How do you guys spend your free time? I mean, aside from FF ^^ Unless you don't have a life besides FF, though...
    I play lots and lots and lots and lots of games. I probably average 50-60 hours a week, whilst holding down a job and trying to keep this place under control. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Edge7 View Post
    Each staff member here: how did you get into Final Fantasy?
    My brother showed me Final Fantasy 6 and I liked it. My first SE game was actually Super Mario RPG, though, which I love and will love forever.

Quote Originally Posted by WildRaubtier View Post
    When will Rantz fix the bugs in Triple Triad???
    I'm not sure!

When will the bugs in Rantz be fixed???
    We're even less sure of this!

Quote Originally Posted by rydrum2112 View Post
    Are you guys going to organize another EoFF-convention again this year?
    This is really an individual/small group thing that people tend to sort out on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitye View Post
    Do you ever think of EoFF and its people when doing completely non-EoFF-related things?
    On occasion, yes

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeberto View Post
    So which one of you discovered /r/IAmA?
    >implying I go to Reddit

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    To all the staffers here, when are you plans of world domination finally coming to fruition?

On a more serious note, I remember BoB saying that EoFF has a better working relationship with SE. What exactly does that mean? Do you go on dinner dates together.. maybe watch a movie?
    First question: We have a subforum in the staff forum specifically devoted to that. Patience, grasshopper!

Second question: We have a small amount of contact with them. That's more of an admin thing than a CK thing, though, so talk to BoB and them about that!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsintodreams View Post
    What video game (non-Square-Enix) is your favorite?

Come on, there has to be one! Or three...
    Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, for sure. Nothing else will ever come close.

Civ IV is high up there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Question 1: Why exactly was the Chrono Trigger part of the forum closed? I could be wrong, but it seemed like there was enough activity there to not relegate it to the general square enix section.

Question 2: Is there an RPG out there that you wish was a Final Fantasy game? For example, some people have said that they thought Lost Odyssey for the 360 was everything they wished Final Fantasy 13 could have been.
    1.) Probably because of a lack of activity. I think this happened before my time.

2.) Not that I can think of at the moment. Good question, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post
    Would EoFF host a panel of any kind at a convention in the future?
    That would actually be neat! :o

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    Have you ever had any EoFFers treat you any worse after going from a regular member to a staff member?
    Not that I have noticed so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    also why are the cid's knights like shinra
    Because we're cuddly and soft

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne View Post
    I heard once that 0.99999.... is equal to 1. How could that be true?

1. How is it possible that all of you suck so very much? Does Shlup teach classes?

2. Do you think the frontsite is considered a priority by the forums staff? What, if anything, do you think could be improved?

3. Eliminating forums announcements, by my count 5 staffers have made news or original content updates to the fronstsite in the last 5 pages of articles (roughly one month), only 2 of them more than twice (Jiro and Psychotic, to give appropriate kudos). Do you consider this a problem?

4. Where is the goddamn pie? I was promised pie.
    1. This is a staff secret.

2. Considering how much we talk about it, yes, but the problem is getting people enthusiastic enough to work on it. For improvements I think we really need to hammer out what we want from the frontsite and how to accomplish it because it seems like everyone has a different idea. Also certain staffers have certain job descriptions; certain people are supposed to be more focused on the frontsite than others, if that makes sense.

3. It actually sounds about right considering how many editors we have (and the fact that my editor title is really just there to get me access to the social media stuff. ) I would love it if more people were involved, but realistically we tend to delegate certain tasks to certain people.

4. It's in the fridge DUH

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

See wes, I was all "Let's make wes an editor so he can help!" But now, now you had to go and be all rude about the improvement we've worked on since I was staffed. So now? Now, you jerk, it's a full blown no for you mister. Sorry I have a job and haven't posted much in the past few weeks but at least I can say no to you! xP No!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Who would you vote out right now if you had to?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

BoB

Why has my first question been IGNORED

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Because I did not see it?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Raistlin
    Actually she learned from your seminar on how to suck a saggy penis like a pro. She said you gave hands-on demonstrations.

A part from being a staff member on EoFF, what do you guys do? Are you plumber, electrician, IT administration... bus driver...? etc. (just thinking of random things on the top of my head)

...falling in love, is an act of magic.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Many of the admins do some accounting/actuary trout or something. Shlup works at Disneyland which is amazing in it's own right.

Freya works at Gamestop (the nerd's dream). I don't remember what the others do. I think Rantz is a hooker. Actually scratch that, 90% of them are walkers of the night. My bad for being misinformed before.

Goldenboko does some coding or something and makes some ridiculous wage for a college student. Wage I wish I had when I was in college.

And I am a freelance editor/producer/sound designer/web designer/awesomer AND I work at a company that owns pretty much all the trout you watch everyday including Paramount Pictures.

How do you keep track of everyone who has posted for each task? Do you literally go through the thread page by page and read every single post?

...falling in love, is an act of magic.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Actually she learned from your seminar on how to suck a saggy penis like a pro. She said you gave hands-on demonstrations.
    Please, that is just impossible.

Any penis I come in contact with is most certainly not saggy. /smug

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

We are really bad at this whole "family friendly" thing.