Thread: Quick Question about NES FF3

Default Quick Question about NES FF3

So ive beaten the DS versiona and it was a total blast. Also ive been playing the NES version lately and i have been thinking of doing a let's play on my Youtube channel and i was wondering. Is it possible to beat Cloud of Darkness with other classes besides ninjas and sages with out obscene amounts of grinding? If so what is the level range for those classes?
    ~Currently playing the entire main series (MMO's aside)~
    Faves: FF7,FF5,FF3

The only other feasible classes I can think of are Knights, Mystic Knights (a.k.a. Dark Knights), Karatekas, Shamans, and Warlocks. Keep in mind though, that with one Shaman, you won't be able to keep up with healing the damage Dark Cloud's Flare Wave will do (you'll need two Shamans if you don't want to slowly die due to one healer not being enough). Actually, with two Shamans, the other two classes for your characters shouldn't really matter, so long as they do enough damage to not have your Shamans run out of level 7 MP or Elixirs. I think I was around level 45-55 when I defeated Dark Cloud.

Also, you probably know this, but you absolutely have to defeat all 4 bosses in the Dark World. Even if you defeat three and have 4 level 99 fully equipped Onion Knights, Dark Cloud will still be in her invincible state like her first encounter (trust me, I actually tried this out and I even have a save file of my level 99 FEOKs on the forums in the FF3 section).

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Talneharus View Post
    So ive beaten the DS versiona and it was a total blast. Also ive been playing the NES version lately and i have been thinking of doing a let's play on my Youtube channel and i was wondering. Is it possible to beat Cloud of Darkness with other classes besides ninjas and sages with out obscene amounts of grinding? If so what is the level range for those classes?
    I used a team of Knight, Mystic Knight (Dark Knight in DS), Summoner and Shaman (Devout in DS), each of them in their early sixties (62, 63), and managed to beat it without too much difficulty. Only the final boss remains a bitch when you just have one healer. But it's entirely possible to beat it without Ninjas and Sages, though some leveling is required. Anything below 60 won't cut it.

This was my team:

This is what we looked like when we beat the game:

As you can see, even with a team in their early sixties, it was a close call.

Alrighty! Thanks for the info guys, leveling into the 60's wont be to bad actually. I did that in the DS version thanks to bahamuts cave. So i'm guessing that doing the same in the NES version is feasable aswell. So i guess i only have one question left before beginning work on my Let's play. Is the Dragoon class viable for endgame?
    ~Currently playing the entire main series (MMO's aside)~
    Faves: FF7,FF5,FF3

I only play FF3 (and the first two as well) Solo Character. Once you get to Salonia the Dragoon is godly. He rarely gets hit and even if he does once you have the Blood Javelin it doesnt matter. Since you're solo character your lvl and class lvl go up pretty much every other battle and nothing, not even the Cloud of Darkness, can stop you.