Thread: Well another installment

Blog Entries

Default Well another installment

I can say that I am looking forward to this to get me back playing FF again. I'm actually looking for a reason to beat 13.

Could this have anything from 13 in it? I don't see it relating so that makes me relieved.

I just want to see new characters, SE never fails to amaze me at creating great characters. As well as dynamic relationships between characters.

Stories don't get any better than FF7 and the riddles. What happened to riddles? Have I got to stupid to realize they still exist?
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think it's safe to say this game has very little in common with FFXIII, but I've never played it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Just like all of them, different roman numerals, different games. And this one is an MMO, so it has pretty much nothing to do with FFXIII.

Articles
    Blog Entries

If you ask me, the MMO final fantasies have never really done amazing well. I think Final Fantasy should just rely on the single player experience, rather than focusing too much on the community aspect. This is what EoFF is for!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Final Fantasy XI was actually pretty successful.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Correction: Final Fantasy XI has been the most financially successful game for Square Enix. Ever. It singlehandedly brought them from the edge of the fiscal cliff they faced after the colossal failure that was Final Fantasy: Spirits Within.

That said, Final Fantasy XI blows most of the other titles in the series out of the water in the sheer depth of the world and story. Only Final Fantasy XII equals it on the level of lore depth, and even then mostly only through the beastiary entries. The only thing I can say that's disappointing about FFXI on a story level is that your character is back to being the voiceless protagonist who really never influences anything outside of battle. That said, the cast of supporting characters is absolutely phenomenal.