Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm so exited, I just can't hide it

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramisese Rububba the Third View Post
    Pretty much any scene involving Cait Sith I just switch off...

Did he die?
    No. He got in contact with ET and had strange alien babies with him.

Cait Sith isn't that bad of a character, he can be cute at times. Sometimes I feel like the fandom is way too hard on the fellow. His limit breaks are basically Setzer's I mean c'mon, isn't that sort of cool ?

Plus later on he saves everybody in Junon and who doesn't like a cat and who doesn't like a Moogle ? He does have some good qualities about him. I think the fandom treats Cait Sith like he murdered Cloud's Mother. Way too tough on him.
    Nah, he's still a knob.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I think the fandom treats Cait Sith like he murdered Cloud's Mother.

But Caith Sith is Reeve and Reeve is Shinra and Shinra created Sephiroth and Sephirtoh burnt down Nibelheim!!!!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    But Caith Sith is Reeve and Reeve is Shinra and Shinra created Sephiroth and Sephirtoh burnt down Nibelheim!!!!
    Reeve is a nice guy, most of the things that were bad towards Avalanche he didn't want to happen and that was more of the Solider department than whatever Reeve did. Can't remember ? Some office job ?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I was only just messing about

I have nothing to say. Well, except for one thing.

Anyone who mourned Cait Siths "Death"... Never mind. To mean to say :/ I didn't care for him though. He is, to this day, the dumbest character in the series.

I was only just messing about
    I know but I still believe that the fandom is way too hard on Cait Sith. Just a opinion.

He back-stabbed you but Kain Highwind does that like every two seconds.
    He abducted Marlene and Aerith's adoptive mum, but he apologizes and gains a friendship with them later on and is even the one that tells her about Aerith's dieing and is there to help her grieve.
    He helps you escape Junon and Scarlet by showing you where the Highwind is.
    He helps you during the Midgar Raid and tries to help Shrina and Rufus during it when Hojo goes completely cray cray.

Just sayin'.

In Advent Children he's annoying as fudge, but that movie doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mage Coffman View Post
    Anyone who mourned Cait Siths "Death"... Never mind. To mean to say :/ I didn't care for him though. He is, to this day, the dumbest character in the series.
    Somebody who tries hardout for forgiveness and a second chance and begins to show a new light after the events of CD 1 is dumb ? If he was dumb he wouldn't of tried and just would of went home and pigged out on chocolate Ice- Cream while crying and watching re-runs of Coronation Street while crying "nobody likes me ". Cait Sith was brave and tried his hardest.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's easy to be brave when you're just a remote control toy, and the neckbeard cintrolling you is at home cozy on his Shinra couch eating Cheetos and drinking Mt. Dew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    It's easy to be brave when you're just a remote control toy, and the neckbeard cintrolling you is at home cozy on his Shinra couch eating Cheetos and drinking Mt. Dew.
    So is that directed at Reeve or the people playing the game

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

He was running the risk of being caught out by Shinra. Cait Sith might be doing the dangerous battling etc, but when you're fighting against the Shinra from Midgar all they need to do is sneak in and kill Reeve while he's...controlling Caith Sith (how the smurf does that work anyway?) and the threat is eliminated.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

In yet another example of poor translation (c'mon people you can do better than this), Cait Sith pre-empts his own death by saying he's "exited" instead of "excited". Why he would've been excited in the first place, I'll never know. Perhaps he thought his "heroic sacrifice" would be impressive and win the team over (it worked). Cait Sith 2.0 didn't seem all that different though.
    What a shame that the localization contained this many errors and spelling mistakes. I think that, at the very least, a rerelease with proper dialogue and characterization would do the original game a world of good.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Reeve is a nice guy, most of the things that were bad towards Avalanche he didn't want to happen and that was more of the Solider department than whatever Reeve did. Can't remember ? Some office job ?
    Something like "Urban Ledgends Department", I have no idea what it is.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Urban Development xD

He was running the risk of being caught out by Shinra. Cait Sith might be doing the dangerous battling etc, but when you're fighting against the Shinra from Midgar all they need to do is sneak in and kill Reeve while he's...controlling Caith Sith (how the smurf does that work anyway?) and the threat is eliminated.
    v'Never considered that. I wonder if it's anything like Surrogates.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silentenigma View Post
    Why am I supposed to mourn Cait Sith when Cait Sith 2 shows up right away, and is controlled by the exact same person?
    Cait Sith's "sacrifice" was handled that way very intentionally. They ham up his death, only to make the drama pointless by immediately bringing him back; this was done in order to contrast with Aeris only a couple of scenes later. It makes quite a statement I think.
    I agree, I thought Cait Sith's "death scene" was great. The end is supposed to be a big and disconcerting anti-climax that is amusing in hindsight, and it is. The fake out is all the more impactful with Aerith's death so soon afterwards.

But yes, Reeve was a bit too well prepared for it.
    Ya the first time I played the game I liked Cait Sith because he was the more unique character in the game, and I was sad because I thought he seriously got killed off all the while thinking in the back of my head as a kid "Wait he's a robot, can't they make another one?", only to get faked out with the new one showing up so fast.
    This space intentionally left blank.

I actually just witnessed that scene yesterday. I thought it was quite funny. To be honest, Cait Sith himself says on the way to the puzzlethingy "ooh, im going to save the world, bla bla bla, so it kind of makes me think that Cait Sith may actually have a soul of its own and its not just Reeve behind it.
    "Eternities aren't as long as they used to be".