Thread: Exercise

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Can you do one push up? Do one push up a couple times a day. Then try for two. Then build up. It's a lot easier than trying to do a bunch all at once.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel as though my form is wrong, though. Hmmm.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

seconding jiro's pushup idea.

on weekends, i usually just hammer out twenty-five pushups every two hours or so. during weekdays, I regularly kill myself with <a href=http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/the-300-workout-can-you-handle-it>this</a>. floor wipers are pretty awful and by the end of it i can't do my second set of pullups. i know i'll get there eventually though.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I lost six pounds in a week by eating food that gave me horrible diarrhea. True story.

I do CrossFit twice a week and run once a week. On the weekends I'll do prison exercises to keep from getting lazy.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    I lost almost 30 lbs last year, and I'm really happy with my shape and size now, but I think that I would line to tone up to get rid the last bits of flab. Particularly, I'd like to start working on my arms. I have really thin arms like spaghetti though and absolutely zero upper body strength. Where should I start? Embarrassingly, even push-ups are difficult for me to do with my arm strength.
    If pushups are difficult, I would try doing a dumbbell bench press with light weights. Then perhaps some bent over rows with dumbbells as well. Then you can do biceps curls and tricep extensions after. The best way to build up strength and muscle in your arms is by doing compound chest and back movements for the most part. I would never just focus on your biceps and triceps.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't mean to advertise my own stuff, but I made a blog yesterday exactly all about exercise and and two techniques related to it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Hmmmm, you could do waist twists, when you swivel from side to side, and then from diagonally down - left to the other side of the diagonal. Maybe, I'm not fitness instructor.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    As I figured I would, I've been toning up pretty quickly. (GETTIN SOME MICHELLE OBAMA ARMS, RIGHT?) but my problem spot is my lower tummy. My upper abs lose quickly and tone up, but I can never lose weight or tone my lower abs.

Any suggestions?
    Just some bad news unfortunately: you can't really target fat loss. All you can do is continue trying to lose weight and what comes off comes off. Strengthening the muscles can help tone things up down there, but no amount of focusing exercise on that area will make the fat from that area leave before anywhere else on your body. If you're keeping the carbs low and getting plenty of exercise (including some high intensity stuff when possible) then just give it time. Unless you're stalled in your fat/weight loss, there's probably no reason to tweak things too much yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Along with some dumbbell lifting!

10 Best Arm Moves

(apologies for pants links - just picked the first ones I could find that had pictures!)
    I'll ignore my general dislike for isolation exercises compared to compound movements with regard to some of those and simply state that their demonstration of that "traveling power squat" had some of the worst form I've seen in a while. It was quite hilarious, but I wouldn't recommend doing the move that way. In fact, I don't think I'd recommend doing it at all until someone has learned to squat properly first.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    As I figured I would, I've been toning up pretty quickly. (GETTIN SOME MICHELLE OBAMA ARMS, RIGHT?) but my problem spot is my lower tummy. My upper abs lose quickly and tone up, but I can never lose weight or tone my lower abs.

Any suggestions?
    There's no such thing as spot reduction so you're kind of out of luck there. All you can do is to continue to lose fat overall and hope for the best. Peoples' arms generally "tone up" faster than other parts.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

ITT NCG and Vivi22 trout on everybody's hopes and dreams in the nicest possible way.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Only because I love you guys.