Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amarant or Quina?

Articles
    Blog Entries

The Zidane-Freya-Steiner-Quina party is great, but I usually subsitute Steiner for Vivi.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Normally if you were asking me to pick between those two characters, I'd say Quina as I never really found a use for Amarant. However with that particular squad, I'd go with Amarant. You should have your magic attacks covered between Garnet and Eiko, so you'll want to more offensive attacks from Amarant.

Though I agree with Quin that if you're playing without Steiner, you might as not bother playing at all!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Optimally Amarant, personally Quina.

Depends. If you want an easy run, then I'd say Amarant. He has easier-to-master monk skills. If you want a bit of a challenge, then I'd say Quina. His blue magic is harder to accumulate, but as has been said, it's worth it if you can manage to do it. His Frog Drop, Twister, and Earth Shake can especially be deadly.
    Vote in my EoFF Popularity Poll for every game and character in the series thus far: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8N6VZ98!

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I picked Amarant, but that was my first and last play through a few years ago. I'm getting ready to beat FFVI so I can start a new play through on IX, so my opinion may change. I doubt it though, he's stupid strong.

well for this i would say that amarant is quicker and easier to skillup while quina takes longer to master. so amarant would be the most appropriate one to select here

Amarant is stronger and more useful than Quina. My favourite party is Zidane, Garnet, Vivi and Steiner. Zidane - attack, Garnet - heal, summon , Vivi - black magic, Steiner - attack, magic sword. For me this is the most useful party.