Thread: Strange things that happened in videogames you never explained.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Strange things that happened in videogames you never explained.

I dunno if the title is descriptive enough, but it's basically something that happened during a videogame that was weird, and you've yet to find an explanation as to why it happened. Feel free to both add yours, and explain other people's if you can.

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening I was just after where you get the Tail Key from, on my way the swamp where the second dungeon is (I hadn't gone to the first yet, if that matters) and I was either in the screen where Mr. Write's house is, or where the telephone booth is. I fell down a hole, and instead of taking damage like usual, I found myself in what I thought was a hidden level, but it could have easily have been a glitched world, which are plentiful in Link's Awakening, but I was really young back then, and had no knowledge of glitches, and though I have found many glitched worlds thanks to the Screen Warp, but I don't remember if this "world" resembled them (like, I can't remember if the enemies were just glitched-up versions of the "normal" ones or not), but all I remember is that at one point I met up with one the healing fairies and the music stayed throughout, and I picked up an item which was probably a glitched version of an instrument (I hadn't seen one back then) and I read the message "Ulrira Speaking" (or whatever the guy on the phone was called) and then the game just went white.

Wii Sports Resort This event is more current, but my friends can't remember what happened either. I was playing sword fencing with a friend, and all of a sudden we both lost control of our characters, and both of them just circled each other, and twirled their swords around again and again. My other friend, who was going to play against the winner said it was because we both blocked too many times. Can anyone confirm this?

Final Fantasy VIII: On the Dollet mission when you're driving through Balamb on the way to the boat or whatever (that takes you to Dollet). One time I did this, the car drove through Balamb very awkwardly - for example, it was sideways in the screen where the guy who knows Zell sometimes sits.

I will add more when I think of them.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Ditto the weird Link's Awakening weird stuff. Think the telephone booth is integral. The same thing happened to me except the game froze immediately after I landed. Turned it back on and the save screen was distorted, white, and unreadable. Loading any file could just make the game lock up. I traded it into FuncoLand though!

Morrowind is full of glitches. One glitch you could jump outside of people's houses (the screen around you would be black) and kill the people inside and you wouldn't get arrested.

In skyrim I used quick travel and I ended up falling down into the water instead of being put onto the bridge at the college =/