Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay to be more specific:

Registered May 2011. Mostly posted in Final Fantasy forums before going into GC and EoEO. Blogged a lot. Was studying math in order to get my GED and go to college.
    In July I got my GED and registered for college.
    In September I started college and got a job and had very little free time.
    In October, broke up with boyfriend of 5 years. Discovered chat.
    In November(?), started getting a ride to school so I had a few more hours free time (bus schedule from my crappy town made me leave a few hours early) so I got some internships. Donated a lot of money to Movember. Still didn't win the draw.
    In December, went to meet with sharkythesharkdogg. Won Ciddie for Best Newbie.
    In January, began a relationship with sharky.
    In February, changed my name temporarily to lovemuffin. Met VTG. Met Peegee.
    In March, moved in with my mother and began the process of getting a green card. Went mostly without internet for a few months.
    In April, went to visit sharky again for 3 weeks.
    In June, he came to visit me.
    In August, went to visit again for 2 weeks. Became a permanent resident of the US.
    In September, moved in with sharky.
    Now I have internet again and post more regularly. Mostly I'm in chat. I have a lot of people on here I consider friends.

That about sums it up.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    siiiiiggghhh. One of these days one of you will come up with an insult that isn't just predictable and piss weak.That will be a good day.
    Wherefore must I be curs'd
    Only to minister to congregations held in deafen'd pits?
    I must hobble my speech.
    Of elements, sir, a doctor of physic did once explain
    That all the earth is province elemental
    Sure and steady as the stone-wall foursome
    A-holding up our own roof, tied together
    By power that we spake on, or traffic
    Unmarr'd by thy rough and idle chatter
    And the complexion of the element
    In favour's like the force that ties the room
    O, a muse of fire the first element
    Airy breath the second, though this wind
    May well be yours for all you flap your tongue
    O ill-dispersing wind of misery!
    Thou hast no wings, and liable to plunge
    You fit not fowl, though foul your interruption
    Fish'd for facts, yet fish you cannot be
    So water, elemental third, you're not
    Of earth, no woman left on earth will have thee
    So walk the plains like to a lonely dragon
    I care not.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    I wanna know what Miriel's planning...
    Why are you all so suspicious?

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I demand more histories.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Uh...because we...y'know...know you?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    DO THE MARIO
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Blog Entries

Dwango the Exploding Corpse compelled me to post here. Shy, I instead stuck mostly to satellite boards like the Gamer's Alliance, Fool's Gold, Neskaya, and God Hates Fraggles. Had you a dumb idea, I may have campaigned for it. "Liquid nitrogen" was how cool my EoFF newspaper could be rated. Elections are never as good without me as they are with me. When EoFF quit being a Sean Robinson venture, a two-year self-exile sounded good. I came back to give points to someone (did we ever decide if it was Flying Mullet or rubah?). I may have won a game of mafia since.

All of you have meant so much to me.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I did enjoy that EoFF Newspaper. Do you still have the latest version of the site?

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

So back in 2000, after searching the internet for any and all references to ChadMonkey I could find on Alta-Vista I came across a small and unassuming looking bulletin board, but that's enough about my interest in candy.

So originally joined towards the back end of 2003 as LapinOSaurus and started out my EoFF career posting mainly in EoEO about my many problems such as the best place to bury a body and why are stuffed animals so judgemental, it was a harrowing time to say the least. Anyways, after no-one ever responded to my threads I started posting in feedback under the username Yams, still got an unbeaten feedback score you know? Eventually though that lead to a double-life that I became ashamed of, so wanting to start anew I registered a new account under the username Baloki and started posting in General Chat where I came across Walrus' and came to eventually hear and fall in love with the music of Avril Lavigne. All at the tender age of 47, still as time wore on I slowly started ageing backwards to try and seem less creepy while hitting on other members via PM and iRC, by the way this tactic never works as the ladies love an older man!

As 2004 wore on I got involved in something called "the site", a secret shadowy organisation attempting to preserve the world following the invasion by the Observers, a sneaky, technologically advanced race of humans from the future. We slowly learnt from Fires of Avalon how to conceal our thoughts so that they couldn't be read allowing us to move around undetected among the general mass of general chat. Over time we pieced together the scattered plan of one Doctor Unne (what, you don't know who Dr Unne is?) and were able to put in place, thus winding back time to 2003 and enabling us to be in the right place at the right time to stop their osmosis into this world.

With the completion of this project "the site" slowly disbanded and reformed as several opposing factions known as the "newbies" and the "oldbies", this lead to bitter election battles and the bloody war on Socs. Still we overcame and continued on, building bigger and better ivory towers to conceal our administrators of justice in until one day everything went horribly, horribly wrong.

Life changed, a dark shadow rose across the land, the ciddies seemed barren, the General Chat quiet and the warriors withdrew to a land known only as exDee, their very existence a mystery to the rest of the world, obscured as it was by great clouds. Here they played out their peaceful lives, innocent of the litany of excess and violence that was growing in the world below. Over time they attempted to rebuild what they once had, worrying that without it there would be no new warriors to join the fray.

Out of the digital battles a real life collective formed, meeting up across a country known as the United Kingdom, sometimes several times a year, sometimes just to yell loudly and sometimes just to spell obscene things with chips. This team, we'll call it the A-Team continued for many years visiting places like Birmingham, Manchester and London, each time longing for the sea life centre where they could be at peace.

Suddenly one day there was a loud crack of lightning in the digital world, the clouds parted, the light returned allowing the warriors once confined in the land of exDee to return to the world, where weary of their righteous battle set forth to bring chaos and mischief to the lands, events that split the very forum apart, yet somehow brought it closer together. The days of the end were nigh.

Or something completely unlike the above happened, I'm no novelist!
    FOA

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quality, man.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin Today marks four years cohabitating with Spuuky Wuuky.

-Daniel Towns only talks about eoff, so I join eoff to have something to talk to my best friend about, which is also convenient as he has convinced the guy I like to also join eoff. It's cool man, I'm like, fifteen or somethin.
    -ALL I REALLY WANTED WAS SOME POPCORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN!
    -Apparently I like communicating with people via text.
    -YOU HAVE NO CREDIT REMAINING.
    -People I no longer talk to, for various reasons, include: Robbie, Scottie, Mikael, Matt, M4tt, Peter, Emma, Stef, Bonnie, Myles, Greg, Steve, Josh, Leeza, Elyse, Paula, Liz, Tammy, Julie-Ann, Daryl, Jeff.
    -Postcard bandits, Eoff prom, A Vey Odd Poem, poetry in general (ugh), Ciddies, The Daily Grind, Spam Brigade, #eoff, /newnick, PEACE, SMS, unban calliope, Ed's Technicolor Nightmare. At some point people use Gmail instead of Hotmail, or god forbid, Yahoo!
    -One time I met Del at the airport, while I had a layover on my way to see Spuuky, and he had a layover on his way to see Miriel. That was cool.
    -A history of Daniel Towns: Class geek (whom I still beat in geography, by the way), he moved to Scotland, I am unable to help him when he is sad and thinks he likes whiskey, He is unable to help me when I am sad and actually like whiskey, It is good that livejournal is a thing, he has many online girlfriends that peter out after a while but at least he gets to travel, god he is such a dick, suddenly I am in San Francisco and he has a fiancee, sadly I am unable to represent at his wedding but perhaps the new couple may be convinced to travel abroad, eh?
    -NO MUM, HE'S A FRIEND OF DANIEL'S AND MINE FROM SCHOOL BUT THEN HE MOVED AWAY, DUHHH.
    -People who have bought me dinner/drinks include: Neel, eest, Sarah, Logan, Jojo, Kel, Del + Miriel. I have a specific memory of Daniel buying me an orange "gummi" crocodile, which I consumed at a triangular bus stop.
    -75% of my college papers were written while simultaneously sending PMs via these forums, which accounts for my complete lack of employability.
    -I have a sudden urge to send everyone postcards.
    -
    -You know you spend too much time talking to eoffers online when you get up to go pay the clerk for your time spent in an internet cafe, and they hand you a portrait they have drawn of you because you've been sitting there for so damn long.
    -Now I steal Spuuky's clothing to wear to work, and I have carpal tunnel. Thanks, dear.
    -PS - Post counts are back? WTF is Gil? Why isn't this formatting how I want it to? What's this little limit break bar? Ugh, you can't go home again.
    Last edited by Calliope; 02-26-2013 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    And 2008-ish, when LunarWeaver recorded some weird ass rant in front of his mom's closet. I miss them both dearly. There's not enough gay here anymore.
    I don't think this is quite what you're talking about, but I was trudging through the garbage in my old photobucket yesterday and found this:

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g9...ggotryDeux.mp4

dude guys you realize that CALLIOPE just posted right

:monster:

Oh, wow, Calliope. How's it going?

edit: I see I wasn't the only one who had an idea to make a post like that
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    [theman]Oh, wow, Calliope. How's it going?
    Not bad, thanks. I have a green card! Something something, it is better to be The Man than to work for The Man?