Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Post your EoFF History

:monster:

Something like that, yes. Yay for green cards, I suspect
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

This thread always cracked me up: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-arc...-partners.html
    Then there was the time Sephex and Myself decided to kill a thead and tell Kawaii about it right away: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-arc...poilers-2.html
    That one time I managed to trick a lot of people for about an hour or so: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-arc...ntal-size.html

I won the screen name tournment the only way one can. By constantly pumping myself up over the years and the votes eventually came through. It felt like I won the God Damned Oscar after months of campaigning! It was awesome.

My misadventures with the staff...over the years that lead to me nearly getting banned for really realz. I always knew how to just walk that line somehow :/

Posting Polo Ponies songs to which Calliope was always a huge fan. To our number 1 fan : YYYYEYYYEYYEEYAAAHAHEEAEAEAAAAAHAAHHAHAHAHHHHhhHHHhHhHHHhHHHhHHhHhhhhhhh!!!!

That time I had a threesome with Looney Bob and Gau(maybe?) during the first anniversary sex switch. Totally awesome.

Other stuffs? I don't know. These seem like the most fun off the top of my head at 1 AM.

WHAT THE smurf IS HAPPENING IN THIS THREAD

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    WHAT THE smurf IS HAPPENING IN THIS THREAD
    Waffles. Waffles are happening. Can't you smell the deliciousness?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

(SPOILER)
    2006: Joined to look at an attachment in the Kingdom hearts forum. Had no clue what to register as so I looked at the keyboard, saw qwerty and went with it. Added the xsora part because of kingdom hearts.

2007: I was active in the old RP forum as well as the ff forums. I was afraid of general chat for some reason though, until towards the end of the year, mafia broke the ice for me there.

2008: More mafia fun, including hosting a couple games with Psy and we inadvertently lead EoFF mafia games to having tons of wacky roles.

I joined the first CK competition and somehow make it to the final round, had a lot of fun and started being more active around the forums in general.

Then I became a mod on Neskaya after joining on a whim because Jojee made almost everybody there a mod. I was a mod there for about 2 years.

Create the EoFF Phantom game (the account is now called Gogo) and ran it for a few months until IRL stuff got in the way.

Narrowly won my first ciddie for best regular.

Joined in the revival of the elections.

Kept playing mafia, almost constantly rolling vanilla town.

Along with Momiji and Tavrobel I helped with the transfer of the EoFF wiki and fixing all the broken links from the move.

Made a nation in Void's Eizon. Had fun until edczxcvbnm found a flaw in the mechanics, exploited it and destroyed everything.

Became a founding member of the event committee. Hosted a couple more events like an attempt at reviving the decathalon, but that flopped after 3 rounds.

Helped GoBo organize the archive by labeling what the account names were during that game.

Got most underrated ciddie.

Became a Recognized member.

spammed]Posted a lot and was active with the events committee. During the lucky eggs event I got my name changed to John Woo, and after that I had my name changed to qwertysaur.

Won best RM/FS ciddie.

EoFF CK competition round 2. This time I got Site staffed at the end. Close enough I guess.

Finished the walkthrough for SMRPG after taking forever to do it.

First EoFF hiatus for me because of schoolwork.

Came back from Hiatus and hosted a revival game of mafia with GoBo. Had a ton of fun because Psy took his role and flew with it.

Joined the Zombie party in the elections. Eventually got nominated for vice president and we swept all but one category.

Did a lot of work for the frontsite as site staff. Started work on kingdom hearts 358/2 days as I had not yet played FF XIII and didn't want to spoil it for myself.

Got the Best Site Staff ciddie.

Took my second hiatus for schoolwork for about 9 months.

Came back just in time for the elections. Joined the poké party and again won. As there have not been any elections since we are still technically in power.

Had site staff disband.

Played in P4 mafia, where I finally got to be in the mafia and led the town to it's demise by being too nice. :evil:

Kept on posting until around September when I really needed a break from the internet in general and took a year off.

Came back, here we are now. Getting back into writing content for the site (I always pick the big sections to do for some reason ) and having fun.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Nicky AND edc posting. I'm so happy. :')
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    [theman]Oh, wow, Calliope. How's it going?
    Not bad, thanks. I have a green card! Something something, it is better to be The Man than to work for The Man?
    I am also saying hi.

Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    This thread always cracked me up: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-arc...-partners.html
    Then there was the time Sephex and Myself decided to kill a thead and tell Kawaii about it right away: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-arc...poilers-2.html
    That one time I managed to trick a lot of people for about an hour or so: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-arc...ntal-size.html

I won the screen name tournment the only way one can. By constantly pumping myself up over the years and the votes eventually came through. It felt like I won the God Damned Oscar after months of campaigning! It was awesome.

My misadventures with the staff...over the years that lead to me nearly getting banned for really realz. I always knew how to just walk that line somehow :/

Posting Polo Ponies songs to which Calliope was always a huge fan. To our number 1 fan : YYYYEYYYEYYEEYAAAHAHEEAEAEAAAAAHAAHHAHAHAHHHHhhHHHhHhHHHhHHHhHHhHhhhhhhh!!!!

That time I had a threesome with Looney Bob and Gau(maybe?) during the first anniversary sex switch. Totally awesome.

Other stuffs? I don't know. These seem like the most fun off the top of my head at 1 AM.
    What cracks me up about that FFVII thread that got out of hand was the way we put it to Kishi. It was something like, "Kishi! Sephex and edczxcvbnm are spreading propaganda!"

Seriously, though. The argument ended up talking about the material of the coffin based on the throwaway sound effect that was used for that scene. I still can't get over that!

Yesterday and today!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

It was the year of 2004. A good year, I was 15 years young and the world was a distant horizon for my young and internet illiterate self. I had just completed my umpteen run through of Final Fantasy VIII and used EoFF as my guide since I actually used this website because it looked cool. I saw the forums many times and lurked UNTIL! I finally signed up.

At first I was a nobody, much like today!
    I posted in the Final Fantasy forums, I posted in the lounge but I started becoming absorbed into the world within a world here on the forums. I started getting involved in the football threads and the camera whore threads.

As time went by myself and 2 other members gained notoriety for being very annoying spammers. My comrades in arms no longer walk these parts but our mutual friends remember those bloodstained days... WELL THEY SHOULD!
    One by one the warnings piled and the hammer of justice it fell upon me by the majestic Psychotic, he told me my time was up and with tears in that September of 2006 were shed.

I did try playing it down, bragging and second accounts but every attempt I made of trying to return failed.
    Time went on, the sands of the hourglass fell as the days became, weeks, to months and eventually years. I frequented the wicked saloon known as chat quite often. Telling my glorified tales of the spam wars to the newbies in the chat, I proclaimed my valour and of my sacrifice for the greater good.

But deep down inside there was something just not right, I missed the place, I missed the madness. I actually began to desire to return so I sent the message by carrier pigeon to the administration of these forums. I told them, I revealed to them... Everything.

It was the year of 2010. I think... That the veil of exile was lifted from me and I returned to the place that I once called a paradise. Things are different now, things aren't as busy, I'm not the man of internet iron I once was. I just come and I go, sometimes replying but my past, my history remains with me.

The outlaw I once was, is now gone and I am but a humble, EoFFer.
    When people recognise and remember by name it makes me happy but not many do, not today so I can ride the desert winds of obscurity as I lurk these forums forever more but the tale of Shoden is far from over. Where one door closes, another opens and where one saga ends so another begins.

Ladies and gentlemen. Thank you.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I came. I saw. I refused to leave.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Hmmm, I suppose I will join in the stroll down memory lane!

I joined in November 2004. I had just gotten a computer with internet, dial-up to be precise. That is right, I was one of those freaks that did not grow-up with a computer. I was in my last year of high school and searching the web for ROMs. I came across this site (it still had ROMs back then and other cool jazz!). I, for some reason, decided to join and became quick friends with Faris and Yazoo'sQueen. We would spam our hearts out, sometimes joined/encouraged by Psychotic, before he became all moddy and such. I remember posting stupid trout in EoEO and perhaps Eyes on the World or World Events, whatever that subforum was called.

I also spent a lot of time in the Kingdom Hearts forum where I became friends with some other members who no longer post here and some who I have forgotten their names. Needless to say, I soon started chatting with the now banned Ansem/Lord Xehanort and Xander. Xander was cool, I miss her and the KH Trinity! As for Ansem, well, it was my first foray into the world of men. Yes, because my first gay experience was an online relationship that lasted over a year. It was interesting to say the least. In so ways, I am thankful for helping me get out of my shell, in others I really couldn't care less about it. In the end, he got banned and deserved and I cut my ties with him around that time too.

Meanwhile, I remember participating in a bunch of events, such as Elections where I supported boris_no_no (Ruth's) Fluffy Pink Party. Met some more people through that too (such as Jojo). From there there was Ciddism and other things too. It is all kinda of a blur. I have never been a largely active member. I tend to stay on the sidelines, watching things unfold. Sometimes participating when my interest it piqued. The problem is I will often lose interest quickly. So I for the most part lurked around, posting where my interests lie (EoEO and KH and when some new FF was coming out). It has been a fun time. I have made some cool friends from here. Most notably Faris and Freya, the only two I consistently chat or talk with.

As the years have past, I have become less active and more lurking. I used to check this site everyday but for a period of a year or so I would go months without bothering to. Though, EoFF since I joined, has always been my homepage. I still always come back to here. Probably one of the best larger online communities I've been a part of. I love this place and will continue to lurk and post.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post
    I came. I saw. I refused to leave.
    To our ongoing detriment.

Quote Originally Posted by SophieVIII View Post
    Yesterday and today!
    I like it!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm like that housemate that eats all of your food and doesn't clean up, yet you love him anyway.

Except nobody loves me...