Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314

Thread: Post your EoFF History

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had three of those housemates at the same time in Reading and believe me, there was no love involved.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I joined back in August 2011 by accident. I was searching for reknowned naked showjumper Geoff Forumskintle and accidentally missed off the 'G' when googling his name.

I generally post random crap and find it very difficult to take anything seriously. Personal highlights I suppose were winning the Best Newbie and Most Underrated Ciddies last June. I also tend to play and sing the odd tune for various purposes around the site. I suppose the best way of posting my EOFF history is to re-post every post I've ever done. If you just bear with me, I'll get on that right away.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Naked... showjumper?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Naked... showjumper?
    Yeah, there's a chance I may have made up that first paragraph. I joined to get some help on FFVIII and Kaiserdragon duly obliged!

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Query: What the goddamn hell are reputation comments? I am reduced to being a veteran and a n00b at the same time. In my day, we coped with board resets, and we liked it!

Also: Hi Sephex. Ahoy hoy! HAIL BRUCKNER!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you make a good post, people can give it positive reputation. Some people add personal comments, such as explaining why they liked it, or calling you an idiot.

A bit of backhistory: I rented VII from Hollywood Video the year it came out after reading up on it in T&T. My initial impression from the magazine was that the graphics looked better than anything I'd seen up to that point (I hadn't played Tekken), I'd forgotten already what Final Fantasy was. I actually assumed it was some kind of fighter or adventure game because I forgot was an RPG was. I played the game until I finished it three months later. I then wanted to play it over and picked up a copy to own. Six years later, I graduated from high school and started lurking around sites like EO. Then I signed up one day while visiting my surrogate uncle and aunt who had a slowass dial-up (Earthlink). do not need to know: This was shortly before my "uncle's" latent jealousy issues concerning his wife and any other male that made any kind of intimate gesture toward her finally came out. Yeah, back in college, his girlfriend had slept with his roommate and so he broke up with her. Despite my mom also being present in the room, my uncle took it wrong that my dad hugged my aunt to thank her for dinner. He confronted my dad in his garage while strongly repressing some obvious violent impulses. The last time I saw him was two years ago, he having long since separated from his wife for his inability to manage his jealousy.

Aaaaaanyway.... I don't really know about my history here. I'm just gonna look up the threads I posted.

I made a list of how to identify a VII enthusiast (a contributor suggested "you try to ride a motorcycle down a flight of stairs").
    VIII Spin-offs warranted My Dog Ragnarok.
    Drove the VII forums nuts with incessant rants about the ups of a remake. I also proposed the theory that since SAG obtain bird's wings (angelic) and KH-Cloud is given a bat's wing (demonic) that Cloud must in turn be a demon.
    I've written a couple of tournaments inspired by Behold. I've written a fanfic and a couple of near-popular RPs having taken part in many as well.
    Wrote some pretty good lyricsTake that black cat strutting along my path,
    I'll kick you in the back then stroll right passed.
    There is no one around with the power to pound down
    this epic proportional elation I've found out
    was long lost locked deep within my soul;
    the power to grow is the power to know
    when you've got the light, you've got the right to let it show.
    back in '05.
    Met Iri Valentine who inspired an Aeris-esque character for one of my projects.
    Met Nexas-kun who inspired the main character of my immense-scale project.
    Looking back over my posts from like 2006 or so, I'm really embarrassed at my sense of entitlement and self-righteousness.
    I posted a thread entirely devoted to the fact that I'd gotten an email from a disappeared EoFFer.
    A decent thread here and there (like this one).
    Similar to the answers thread.
    Raistlin beat the pants off Schlup in my Boggle challenge.
    Requisitioned an awesome logo from BG-57.
    I suggested .hack put forth a story about the "Gods Rebirth" and wrote a fanfiction wherein the player characters are incarnations of the gods (not phases).
    Generated "x-games" for the kh-thread (i.e. x-hypocrite forms two other real words). Even I have no idea what these onesAll of the following words begin with the letter X.
    13 letters rearrange to form ".45" "S"
    12 letters rearrange to form "self-feeding furnaces" "revolt"
    11 letters rearrange to form "lightning" "rhino"
    10 letters rearrange to form "No. 47" "tropic nut"
    9 letters rearrange to form "the Hatter" "bee"
    8 letters rearrange to form "his 13" "tears"
    7 letters rearrange to form "Kairi's Keychain" "him"
    6 letteres rearrange to form "naval" "aerial"
    7 letters rearrange to form "rainbow" "trick"
    8 letters rearrange to form "tweaked" "slippery"
    9 letters rearrange to form "Greek 21st" "Eternal ______"
    9 letters rearrange to form "FFX dream" "shaft"
    9 letters rearrange to form "to God" "pig"
    9 letters rearrange to form "hideous" "death rope"
    10 letters rearrange to form "Future Esthar's" "game"
    10 letters rearrange to form "100-headed beast" "corridor"
    10 letters rearrange to form "CE10" "assault"
    11 letters rearrange to form "earth's core" "Angier from Prestige"
    12 letters rearrange to form "blue" "time change"
    12 letters rearrange to form "pliant" "vase"
    are anymore.
    Made MyWorld and then gave up on it.
    I had a dream about KH.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bumping this in case any of the old EoFF retirees want to tap into all that nostalgia to post something.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Aye, that would be pretty sweet. Maybe they'd like to read some of 'em, too. Who knows.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

ZOMG!

Oooohhh much misbehaving, "the terrible three" Live Journal entry, "I Am Not Primus Inter Pares" second account, Olive-Men signature, Mexican related thread...much usernoting fun. Those times shine bright!

P.S. I am still obsessed, very wrongly captivated and enthralled, by Psychotic and everything he does and ever has done.