View Poll Results: Which game would you prefer?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pathfinder

3 15.79%
  • Dungeons & Dragons 3.5

6 31.58%
  • Either Works

10 52.63%
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456781222 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Plays Dungeons & Dragons/Pathfinder

Well what would you prefer? If anything I prefer doing the Dming most times.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm all for that, especially since you got this scenario you've been kicking around.

Been looking at some of the pathfinder rules... isn't 25 points a lot? I'm not complaining, though...

What do you guys think about what to run it on. Maptools is pretty acclaimed and Araciel mentioned roll20.net

I'm not to sure what to run it on, so I'll go with what the group suggests if Laddy is fine with me running DM as well.

25 is considered High Fantasy. It is equivilent to 32 in 3.5.

I like the higher point build since it helps keep classes like Monk from being left to far behind, since they depend on so many different stats.

I could totally be a player. Roll 20 is good- its basic and requires no download, runs right in browser. Honestly I could just play with Skype and some dice

I'd really only care about the program we use for purposes of maps. Playing without a map can get kind of confusing depending on how much is going on.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Can't help you guys decide that one. Never played it online but will we be using voice chat or a central chat area?

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

That is what we are discussing.

I'd prefer voice, though I'm not sure how the built-in mic on my Webcam will work, and it might be a bit before I can get a nicer one.

Though some people tend to get more into character if they just type, so I'm good either way!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Oops, I missed that post.

I have dice as well if it comes down to that.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

I only have a very limited experience with 3rd Edition rules but I think this would be fun. I'm not sure what the schedule of the game would be but I would participate if possible.

OMG Me vs Bunbun

Bunny
    Araciel
    Bolivar
    Faris
    Laddy
    Myself.

Well, I guess we should ask what everyones availability is?

Edit: And bunny, Pathfinder is basically built of 3rd edition rules, so this shouldnt' be hard to pick up.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm super flexible, I can work around other people's schedules

I just watched the Take a Quick Tour video at Roll 20 and I'm really impressed at what it can do. I like how in some ways these programs can eclipse the tabletop by giving you things like fog of war really easy. And having video/voice chat together with it is pretty great.

The only thing that concerned me is that some content is premium and it seems like you're going through their site for a lot of things. It's really up to whoever DMs, whether you want the (apparently) easier functionality, or being able to run it from your computer where your resources are only limited by what you download (talking about Maptools). Maybe Aracial could give us some more insight on this?

As long as there is a mapping thing, the rest isn't really important. A simple Skype/MSN connection can keep us well enough in touch.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, you can DM, I prefer being a PC anyway. As far as programs go, I'm all right with anything, I can use Skype too. So I'm okay with anything with anything as far as programs.

In regards to schedule, I can do most things. The problem is getting timezones to line up but even then I can do near anything that doesn't have to do with classes, especially while I'm on hiatus.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Right now I can 100% guarantee Sundays and Wednesdays after 6pmEST and 100% say no to Thursday. Everything else is up in the air depending on if and when I get a second job.

As for timezones I'm in -5 (EST) land. I can whip up a calendar of everyone's availability and align it to one timezone if you'd like, UBH.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4