View Poll Results: Which game would you prefer?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pathfinder

3 15.79%
  • Dungeons & Dragons 3.5

6 31.58%
  • Either Works

10 52.63%
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Plays Dungeons & Dragons/Pathfinder

I don't have a Mic to right now, so we'd ahve to go text based.

And of course I can't do it Monday, Wensday, or Saturday.

Does Friday evening sound good for everyone then? (Not tomorrow, but next week. )

Articles
    Blog Entries

I can try!

Fridays and Saturdays are the absolute best days for me to be involved in anything. So long as we are done by 10 my time (mountain) then we're good.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Works for me!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

So far so good. What time were you thinking?

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

As early as everyone can get on really.

Articles
    Blog Entries

THIS IS ALL FINALLY COMING TOGETHER!!!

HUZZAH!

Articles
    Blog Entries

You just reminded me of HUZZAH!

Articles
    Blog Entries

HUZZAH, indeed!

I've never played either of these games, but I've heard a lot about D&D. I looked up Pathfinder and it seems that it works in a similar way, if I'm correct? I'm still really not sure how either of these games are played though. I know it has something to do with creating a character, lots of different dice, and progressing through a story of sorts. Would anyone care to give me a run down on how it works or teach me how to play? What are the carious items you need in order to play?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MTKO View Post
    I've never played either of these games, but I've heard a lot about D&D. I looked up Pathfinder and it seems that it works in a similar way, if I'm correct? I'm still really not sure how either of these games are played though. I know it has something to do with creating a character, lots of different dice, and progressing through a story of sorts. Would anyone care to give me a run down on how it works or teach me how to play? What are the carious items you need in order to play?
    Pathfinder is essentially just a re-imagining of 3.5 Edition D&D, so it's not too hard to get into if you're familiar with the system. Basically, if you've played an RPG, it works similarly. The major differences are that the story, characters, and outcomes are based on the player. In regards to items, you need dice, paper, and a character sheet at a minimum. However, since we're doing it via internet most of those can be handled through the computer.

Articles
    Blog Entries

MTKO, essentially the whole game plays out with the Players saying what they want to do and the Dungeon Master/Game Master tells them what the result is. So let's say you want to go down the hallway of the dungeon, the DM might tell you what it smells like, what you can see, if there's any far away sounds or what not. Sometimes what the players want to do will have a chance of failure, and then the DM will require the player the roll some dice, add any bonuses their character might have with the action, and then determine if they were successful or not. So let's say we walk down that hallway and the DM says we encounter a locked wooden door. Let's say one of our characters made a Barbarian character and has a Strength bonus to knocking things down and smashing them. So the DM will have him roll a die, add his bonus to the number, and if it that number is higher than what the DM decided would be successful, he smashes that door to smitherines.

The one aspect that can get a little technical is combat. Combat plays a lot like a Strategy RPG if you've ever played one, like Shining Force, Fire Emblem, or Final Fantasy Tactics. Characters take turns on a grid, order determined by their dexterity and a random roll, and on their turn can move, attack, or use skills, or pretty much anything they want.

What's really awesome is that the game is only limited by your imagination. The game is most fun when you role play and use your character's unique strengths to solve problems in unorthodox ways. Character creation is a lot of fun, and you have a lot of freedom in choosing your starting race, class, skills, feats, and equipment.

I'd totally recommend checking out the free site we listed where you can look at the game systems and maybe even have a go at creating a character. I think this group'll stay pretty open if we get things going, so feel free to give it a try anytime!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Has there been a time set yet?

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4