Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed 3

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I've been playing for a few hours now. It's pretty spectacular so far.

For those of you afraid of it being another ACII expansion, like Brotherhood and Revelations were, it's not. It honestly feels like a new game this time around.

It's also gotten stellar reviews, if that matters to anyone. Even though I've heard rumors about the ending that I really don't like, I have faith that I won't be entirely let down.

It really feels so odd...and at the same time, a breath of fresh air...to be playing in a setting where there's no really tall structures to climb all the way up and jump off of.
    Last edited by DMKA; 10-31-2012 at 03:49 AM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

guys please remember to use spoiler tags for the next two years or so
    ok thanks

Ok, this game is trying to be new, which is good. It will take some getting used to, but could well wind up better.

A lot if the redundancies have been cut out. You no longer have to hold the R1 Button when in combat because fighting in Low Profile mode was entirely pointless. It has shifted combat quite a bit, and I'll have to see how it works out.

Two issues with it so far.

First, Viewpoints. If you plan to go Viewpoint hunting, kill your sound. Some complete IDIOT at Ubisoft decided to make an annoying tonal ring both as you climb close to one, and as you synchronize with it. And then decided to make it play every time, at twice the volume of every other sound in the game. I had the volume turned so low I couldn't hear gunfire and I could hear this sound clearly. The person in charge of that sound direction needs to be shot.

My second problem is semi-spoilery. Although I'm sure everyone will realize it pretty fast once they start playing. (SPOILER)You know that Conner guy they showed in the trailers and previews? The one who's supposed to be the main character? Yeah, is he actually IN this game? Kingdom Hearts 2 didn't take this long to give us control of the main character.

well I have planned to play this game on the coming weekend as it is really looking more exciting. I thing it will pleased me more than the Battlefield.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Wow skyblade, you're really against this game, wanting to find anything wrong with it. They have said that the game will take place throughout connor's ENTIRE life. So Of course we have to see how he's come about

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I resent the implication that Brotherhood was just an expansion pack and you're all s for saying so. :sadcolbert:

I dunno, KC. Skyblade's first point seems valid enough. I hate it when there are annoying sounds, and I'm also not of fan of using sounds to identify things. I think it cuts down on the joy of treasure hunting xD. Whether or not it's actually that annoying, I'll have to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Wow skyblade, you're really against this game, wanting to find anything wrong with it. They have said that the game will take place throughout connor's ENTIRE life. So Of course we have to see how he's come about
    We already had a game featuring Ezio's entire life. It didn't start this slow. This intro is taking way too long, and doesn't seem to be wrapping up anytime soon. I actually like Haythem, but since we know this is all temporary, it's hard to get invested. It really does feel like KH2, where you had that huge intro as Roxas that just dragged on and on (and all the money he gathered got stolen anyway).

And, as I said, if you go hunting for the Viewpoints, trying to reveal the whole map, that sound will get annoying as hell. It's not pleasant, it's extremely repetitive, and very loud.

And, actually, I'm quite enjoying the game so far. I just wanted to complain about the issues that annoyed me.

New problem! Apparently the game doesn't save your control settings. I play with double Inverted controls, and I had to reset them once I booted the game up for the second time. They'd better fix that.

Another new problem, basically making me stuck in the game: Required quick time events. Oh, yay.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 10-31-2012 at 07:52 PM.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As this arrived today I've been playing it and frankly I'd be perfectly happy being Haytham the whole time because he's classy as smurf, so I can't really complain about the long intro.

Weirdly though the controls all feel just a touch less fluid and natural than previous ACs. I'm not sure if that's just me or what.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

As someone who never played the other Assassin's Creed games other than brief demos and such I am loving this game.

Those costumes

That fantastic boat ride intro

That Haytham being the best person in the world

BOARD GAMES

Petting all the animals

I hate that you were only on the boat for like... four "days". I wanted a day for all 75 of them or however long it took.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I have attempted the multiplayer. I miss the circle identifier Still lots of fun though.

I'm on sequence 10 sometime. I played for ten hours yesterday and didn't actually advance the plot at all. That's what makes AC post-1 games so fun. Before I do anything else, I HAVE to recruit my brotherhood and free the districts and get all the viewpoints and chests and almanac pages and homestead missions. I will say, though, that I have no idea how to do the fast-travel points in the Frontier. That makes it really annoying because I don't know where ANY of them are and it takes forever to get around. To get to Valley Forge, I have to go to the Native American village and then walk/ride 800 units (feet? meters? whatever they are).

The homestead managing is a lot of work, though, and not all that worth it, I don't think.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Having a conversation with Benjamin Franklin about why you should take an older woman as a lover was too amusing.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That was the best part!

And game beaten. I haven't checked my percentage and probably won't for a while. I cleared all the viewpoints, naval missions, Kidd missions, and almanac pages, but have a lot of chests to get and almost all of the feathers. I did all the homestead missions except for the encyclopedia. Lots of fun. I didn't care for the (real-world) ending, but there's really nothing about the modern-day events that I've liked in the entire series. I'd rather just play the historical assassins and leave the weird pseudo Roman god stuff out of it.