Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

My work stays in the office. Unless I happen to play the game we support at home at which case it often feels like I'm taking it home

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    My work stays in the office. Unless I happen to play the game we support at home at which case it often feels like I'm taking it home
    I always wonder if it makes you hate the game or makes you sick of it. Merely blogging about WoW for a few years often made me sick of it

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

When I was a teacher I did many, many hours of work at home. Now that I work in retail I sure as hell don't.

My Etsy stuff is all from home though, obviously.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Anticipating the storm, I worked overtime on Friday to try to make up for the days I ended up missing this week. I get twice the amount of pay to work overtime, so I don't complain, but still sucks because those hours still didn't make up for Monday - Wednesday that I missed. I couldn't work from home, because all the stuff I needed was back the office that I couldn't get to it due to the weather and transit situation. Would've been a pain to lug around a bunch of HDCAM tapes anyway.

Sucks and my check is also going to suck, but whaddyagonnado. I at least worked part time yesterday and then going to try to work a full day today and by work I mean kill time on here until I can find something to do since all the editors and producers I work with aren't even in today.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I'm never made to work overtime. I'm occasionally asked, though, if I'm able to come in at Sundays to help push out new versions of our system, or to stay late for Patch Wednesdays. I'm usually able to, and during updates we can choose from 200% pay or 200% flextime. Patches count as flextime. I sometimes come in early, stay late or bring home some work over the weekend if I need to catch up on a project or something like that, or stay late if I'm in a productive state of mind. I also sometimes leave early or come in late if I feel like it, thanks to the flextime system. Or even take a day off if I have enough hours saved up.

I sometimes work from home, but it's sort of an unwritten rule that you should have a decent excuse for doing that.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    I always wonder if it makes you hate the game or makes you sick of it. Merely blogging about WoW for a few years often made me sick of it
    It was worse when I was guild leading. It felt like I never got a break then. These days it has it's highs and lows.