Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Operation Suzaku: AKA WE WANT FFType-0!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Operation Suzaku: AKA WE WANT FFType-0!

Final Fantasy Type-0 was original born as Final Fantasy Agito in 2006 at E3, a game destined for mobile phoning gaming. Eventually the name and platform where scrapped and Final Fantasy Type-0 for the PSP was born.

It has been 6 years since it's announcement and last year the game was finally released in Japan. It was a huge success, however SE has no release date for any other localizations! The people at Operation Suzaku hope to change that. They've created several Petitions in various languages to be sent to Yoichi Wada, Square Enix CEO. They already have 2,000 signatures and it has been up just one week (and down some due to Hurricane Sandy)! Help their cause and bring another Final Fantasy to the west!

To keep up with their progress, try following their twitter or liking their Facebook page! Good luck to these noble warriors! EoFF will continue to track this as more information on Final Fantasy Type-0 arises.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah! I really like that. Now, I don't actually own a PSP or a PS Vita (Nintendo monopolises my handheld slot) so I also hope they port it to the PS3 or something. It looks really good!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Signed.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The director did an interview recently and it sounds like translating the game is on hold until the market factor change but he sounds like he really wants it released outside of Japan.

Default Petition to localize Final Fantasy Type-0

Hello! i just found out about this today and im sure it is legtimate! please sign so that we can have Final Fantasy Type-0 in the states!

Localize Final Fantasy Type-0 for the West
    "Headstrong and skimpy! I like it!"-Zidane when fighting against Tifa in Dissidia.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There was also another campaign detailed in the thread below:

http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fanta...ftype-0-a.html

are they both affiliated with each other?
    "Headstrong and skimpy! I like it!"-Zidane when fighting against Tifa in Dissidia.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Dunno!

I'll leave this here then and hope someone signs it!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Do these ever work?
    Figaro Castle

it seems like it would. well, this one anyway.
    hope is all i can rely on.

Honestly, I'm not too much of a fan of the wording of this petition. While it may be true that the game is deserving of an international release, shifts in the market definitely are a valid reason to withhold release or localization of a game.

I much prefer Operation Suzaku's efforts. It reaches out in more ways, with more creativity, and tries to show Square Enix that there is a reasonable demand among the fans for this game, and that it will be monetarily viable.

Between their penny petition, and the "We Have Arrived" campaign, Operation Suzaku is trying to show that not only do the fans want this game, they are willing to pay for it.

I don't want to emphasize market conditions, or reinforce to Square that the game itself deserves the release, I'd much rather simply reinforce to them that my wallet is ready and willing to shell out the cash to buy it, and that there are tons of others like me out there.

I'm not sure if I should sign this or not. On the one hand, it is definitely good to show more support and interest in this game, but on the other, I don't want to emphasize this particular petition's focal points. Hmm...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Default We Have Arrived Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Operation Suzaku
    We Have Arrived campaign

We Have Arrived is a song from Final Fantasy Type-0 that can be purchased for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy on iOS ($0.99/0.89€).
    In order to show Square Enix we actually have money for their game, you are all invited to download Theatrhythm on your iOS device, buy We Have Arrived (Music Stages > Purchase Songs > Bottom of the list), give the game a try and leave a fair comment on the App Store. At the end of your comment, add “And please release Final Fantasy Type-0 for the West”.

Our goal here is pushing We Have Arrived in the Top 10 DLC for Theatrhythm in as many countries as possible. A topic on the Square Enix official Forums will be then created so they can see how strong the demand is.
    A worthy expenditure of a dollar, in my mind. If you have an android device, it's a great way to show support for this game, and if we can make a Type-0 song one of the most downloaded/purchased, it will be a good step in convincing Square to localize it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I dont really have a say in the matter. i just wanted to share it. although im sure a much more legitimate petition will show up at some point.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I remember Operation Rainfall doing a similar event where they wanted everyone to purchase the original Final Fantasy on Virtual Console on the day of the European release I believe. Don't know if it was effective but hey I have the game now on my Wii.