Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Failure

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Congratulations!

What have I achieved recently? I've done a couple of things in work I'm quite proud of - especially as it's a relatively new job so getting into the swing of things and it's nice to have a couple of accomplishments I can point to already. One example is my manager asked me to read a report that he'd been asked to comment on, and to pass any thoughts on to the authors. I did so, suggesting they include a new section and they replied saying that they thought it was a really good idea and they were going to include me on the distribution list for future edits. It was nice to receive that praise, especially from someone senior to me.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Melenkurion abatha, that's the most horrible thing I've seen in ever, and I've been to 4chan.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Articles
    Blog Entries

I actually just passed the Pennsylvania bar exam... getting sworn in with my other successful alumni next week. Which states/jurisdictions did you apply for Raistlin?

I was so nervous to not pass it the first time, because your chances go down dramatically if you take it multiple times. So congrats to you, it's not an easy thing at all to pass the bar and requires a good deal of time management. What bar prep did you use?

I also finished the Hobbit for the firs time!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

krissy: STLLJ is down, but I think we may already have that one. Or, at least, we have at least one Cheesus already... though knowing how closely some Christians seem to scrutinize their food, I wouldn't be surprised if there were many more. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I actually just passed the Pennsylvania bar exam... getting sworn in with my other successful alumni next week. Which states/jurisdictions did you apply for Raistlin?

I was so nervous to not pass it the first time, because your chances go down dramatically if you take it multiple times. So congrats to you, it's not an easy thing at all to pass the bar and requires a good deal of time management. What bar prep did you use?
    Congrats! Though I don't get sworn in for another 6 weeks or so. I only took the Maryland bar, and I used Themis bar prep, which was one of the cheapest available and had a significant presence at my law school.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I used Themis, too, and I gotta say, I think they really nailed how to do an online course and they're so good at it that I think it's going to become the standard. Maryland should be a really sweet place to practice, good luck with your career!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I aced my TEFL training and was immediately offered a job in China. That goes quite securely in my "win" column.

Congrats on being allowed to defend the innocent in court and get paid for it.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I used Themis, too, and I gotta say, I think they really nailed how to do an online course and they're so good at it that I think it's going to become the standard. Maryland should be a really sweet place to practice, good luck with your career!
    Eh, I thought Themis was kinda meh overall, and if I had actually needed a lot of help I'm not sure how useful they would have been. Some of the explanations on practice MBE questions were oversimplified, misleading, or outright wrong (by the end I was correcting them more than learning from them, though the MBE was definitely my strength). I also didn't get a thing from the essay grader's commentary that the bar examiner's analysis didn't give, and some of the lecturers were painful. But I wasn't looking for much: I really just got Themis to put me on a schedule and provide some materials, and it was fine for that. I'm content with what Themis did for me, but I think you get what you pay for.

I do think online courses will become more standard, especially with the outrageous prices Barbri charges.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sunset and evening star,
    And one clear call for me!
    And may there be no passing of the bar
    When I put out to sea