Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Card Sharps

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love card games, and table top games/board games in general, but I have no one to play with anymore.

As for card games I like rook, rummy and spades, even though I don't always remember how to play. I like poker when I don't lose money and blackjack is ok.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    I love card games, and table top games/board games in general, but I have no one to play with anymore.

Same here...sometimes my sister will play a game but mostly when people are here for holidays is when we actually play'em.

Usually get to play scattergories, sometimes euchre and whatever weird board game my aunt brings out ~.~

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Are you into card games? Traditional ones? Collectable/trading ones?

I still have a pile of Pokemon cards somewhere. Actually I think they're in a binder.
    I still have some pokemon, digimon, magic, yugioh, and chaotic cards stored in boxes. Bought a pack of WOW and harry potter cards for some reason too.

EoFF poker room!? we should make one.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    EoFF poker room!? we should make one.
    This is a great idea. Any of you guys have PokerStars accounts? We could play some free roll games.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Pitch is my favorite non-drinking card game.

My favorite drinking card game is a hybrid of Up the River, Down the River and The Gauntlet, I don't know if it has an actual name. Alternatively, Bet Your Liver if we really feel like getting smashed.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In high school me and my best mate played the Aliens card game which was somewhat similar to magic the gathering except you had locations you had to play down too. It was quite complicated and we probably played it for about 2 years was pretty cool stuff though.

I also used to do pokemon cards back in like year 8 but soon stopped once I got in to the Aliens game.

Triple Triad is something I could sink thousands of hours in to sometimes I'll load up an FFVIII file just to play some more Triple Triad, that or IX's Tetra Master.

I also enjoy playing solitaire and black jack.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had Pokemon cards, but I don't know where they went .

I also like poker and card games like crazy eights and go fish.

A friend of mine introduced me to a game called Egyptian War, which is like war but a bit different and I really like it.

The way the game is played is that the whole deck is divided amongst all the players and whoever ends up with the whole deck wins, so its a long game. Face cards are Jack, Queen, King and Ace. They are the important cards and the Jack is the best card. You cannot look at your cards, like in war, and you must play from the top of your deck. In a circle player 1 puts down a card, flipping it as he puts it in a pile in the center so it is face up, and then player 2 and so on, until one of two things happens.

1. A face card is played. If a jack is played by player 1, for example, the next player, player 2, has one chance to play another face card. If they don't, player 1 wins all the cards in the pile. If they do, for example, player 2 puts down a queen, player 3 now has 2 chances to put down a face card. Jack gives the next player one chance, Queen 2, King 3, and Ace 4. That's why the Jack is the best card, as the next person has the least amount of chances to keep the pile going.

2. Doubles. If player 1 puts down, let's say, a 4. Player 2 puts down a 4. It's a double and the first one to slap the pile gets all the cards in the pile. So yes, you also get to hit people! If 3 of the same number card are put down (in this case 3 4s) because no one noticed the double, its a triple and that person instantly wins the game. If another card of not the same number is put down, the double is no longer valid and you keep putting down cards. If you slap the deck when there isn't a double (which often happens with Kings and Jacks, or overly excited players) you have to put 3 cards, face down aside and the person who wins the next pile wins those three cards. They can also turn the cards over to see what they won.

Pokémon was the trout when I was a kid. Until they started adding all those new Pokémon... I like to live in a delusional sense of Pokéreality where there are only 151 and no more than that!!

I won a few hundred dollars playing Blackjack at Caesars Windsor. I love Blackjack~

I watched some people playing Magic back at my home university. It was interesting, but I had no idea what was going on... I would like to try it sometime, if some one had the patience to teach me and let me borrow some of their cards to play with them.