Thread: Surely that's how it starts...

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Braaaaaains Surely that's how it starts...

I had a cut on my foot a while back, and had thought that it'd healed over, don't really look at the bottoms of my feet that often y'know, and come to find out that not only is it not healed... it was a giant black spot.
    So naturally I freaked and poked it open with a pair of tweezers to prevent the inevitable zombie apocalypse, because surely that's how it starts, and black bloody ooze comes out of it.
    So needless to say I'm going to see my step-father tomorrow, he's a doctor, and the topic of this thread shall be the most disconcerting and/or frightening medical problem you've had.
    You may now commence.

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

someone i used to work with told me it should be unconstitutional for me to wear flip-flops in public. don't click the spoiler if you're uncomfortable about man-feet.

(SPOILER)when i was twelve, i dropped a desk on my foot when we were moving at some point. i didn't think much of it at the time until my entire toenail started to turn black and stopped growing. a few months after that, it started to grow in rather strangely; grew from the bottom of my nail up and over the black spot and became really thick and unhealthy looking. hurt like hell! since my grandmother was a rather negligent guardian, it was always brushed off when i said that i needed to see some doctors about how to resolve this problem. wound up having to get it removed by a podiatrist who said it wouldn't grow back. well...it does. kinda. and it doesn't look or feel like a toenail. so every few months i have to spend some extra time in the shower when it gets to a certain length, slide some tweezers under there and just rip it out. then i have to disinfect and dress the wound. doesn't hurt and its more of an inconvenience at this point, but its still not the most fun activity!

Do mental health issues count as well?

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I had to have surgery on my big toe a while back because the nail had grown almost right through my toe. 4 months later, it's almost as bad again.'

Also, I've accidentally lit myself on fire on multiple occasions.
    Last edited by Hollycat; 11-09-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a four inch scar on my right calf from a coffee table incident.

a little bit graphicI was ten...ish or so. In the fourth grade. Christmas time at my grandmother's house. We were getting ready to leave and I hopped up to give her a hug on the couch, brushing against the coffee table as I did so. I turn around to situate on my couch and just see blood everywhere, gushing out of my leg. I guess there was a chip in the corner of the table and I raised my leg at just the right time for it to really get in there.

Blood is still coming out and going everywhere. Everyone is panicking and trying to stop the blood. What does my grandmother do? She goes and gets a jar or cayenne smurfing pepper and dumps the entire thing on my leg. I was sobbing and going into shock and screaming before, but when she dumped that smurfing jar I began really screaming bloody murder. Her reasoning? That it would stop the bloodflow. Flour would have done that. Anything else would have done that. Try sticking some cayenne pepper in a paper cut and tell me how that feels and then magnify that by a billion and you will have what I smurfing felt with my leg.

Emergency room, doctor is pissed as all hell because instead of a quick, clean stitch up, he has to spend an hour cleaning and scraping cayenne pepper out of the wound. End result: sixteen stitches on my muscle, sixteen stitches on my skin.

smurfing bitch coffee table got me good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    I had to have surgery on my big toe a while back because the nail had grown almost right through my toe. 4 months later, it's almost as bad again.
    I had to have surgery a while back to get rid of the ingrown nails on both of my big toes. That trout is painful. Although they inject the numbing agent directly into your toe, so I got to be awake and watch them cut into the sides of my toe and snip off the roots and such

The most frightening medical problems would be the previous two times I've had cancer. Broken bones and such weren't too terrible. Being stabbed wasn't a big deal since it missed all my vital organs, and having an ulcer hasn't been a problem. Gout was painful, but after a few treatments following instructions similar to these I haven't had an attack since.

Life is good these days.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I had some pains in my back and neck a while ago. Like, years now. Anyway, it was hurting pretty bad but I was invincible so w/e kept going with my high intensity physical exercise and all that. Well one night my body decided enough was enough and my spine stopped supporting my weight. Basically it collapsed on itself and so my muscles started freaking the smurf out because they're not meant to actually provide the framework for a body. I couldn't move my head at all and my neck was constantly spasming quite painful so for like 16 hours I just lay there unable to move because it hurt but it hurt anyway crying and ugh. man

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can't think of anything frightening medically I mean sure my jaw getting shattered was pretty messed up but it didn't scare me I was able to accept it had happened almost immediately mainly because it smurfing hurt so much that denial was pointless.

Blog Entries

A couple of months I ago, I felt extremely out of place. I felt dizzy, and I had terribly stiff neck. It lasted for a couple of months, but it was truly a horrific ordeal. I can handle being dizzy, but being dizzy for months is less fun. Went to a bunch of docs, but they all said the same useless things.

I was no longer happy and gay, and I felt like jumping in a lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I was invincible
    I knew it! Jiro's a superhero!

Anyways, I've always had a mental condition of my own, where I'm an extremely lucid dreamer. Any dreams that I have can affect me physically, so like, anytime I have a dream of being hit my something really hard, my body will bruise right where it happened. It's caused quite a few freakouts, both with myself and my family, actually.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The time my brain began to leak out of my ears after the time myself and Loony BoB were trapped in an elevator in Edinburgh for 4 hours was a concern.

Blog Entries

I've snapped my sternum which wasn't very nice and I snapped my right collar bone and had my friend snap it back in place. That hurt like hell. I sliced my calf open jumping over razor wire in shorts. Snapped four of my metacarpals in my left hand, shattered both knee caps and broke virtually every bone in my body.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    The time my brain began to leak out of my ears after the time myself and Loony BoB were trapped in an elevator in Edinburgh for 4 hours was a concern.
    That would explain the state that you are in right now.