Thread: Final Fantasy XII and PS Vita

Default Final Fantasy XII and PS Vita

First off I want to say that I have not read anything about this game being released on the Vita. So please don't think that I've found an announcement or anything.

However, for all you techies out there... Would the Vita be able to play this game? With the announcement of X to the Vita, is it something we may see in a few years?

And if this was released on the Vita would you pick it up? I think if this came out for the Vita I would be sold.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

The Vita would have no problems running this game in higher quality than on PS2. I would probably buy it if there also was a PS3 version, and if I could move saved games between my PS3 and PSV.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

I'd be completely sold on the Vita if this happened. Especially if it was an FFXII/IZJS pack.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Oh yes of course, IZJS is a must. There is no reason not to give us that version either, as the only thing that would need to be translated is the user interface.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd probably buy a Vita for it. And there's no reason they wouldn't include IZJS, because they're surely enhancing the final version and not an incomplete one.
    ...Right?

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

This is Square Enix we're talking about, so who knows.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I would immediately buy a Vita if this was announced.

IMO FFXII is more deserving of a remaster than FFX because of 1) the annoying sound compression on the voice tracks and 2) you can't switch the camera controls from inverted, which is now extremely outdated

Honestly, I'm not sure if it's going to get done because Square Enix has already ran into serious trouble trying to bring FFX into HD. Just about every remaster collection has had an incredibly quick turnaround since it was announced to the time it was released, yet it's already been more than a year since FFX HD was announced. It seems Squenix is set on doing it internally, when usually these things are outsourced to a company who can get parts of the game running literally within hours.

So I'm really worried they're going to get frustrated and turned off of the idea of doing anymore of these, and that's a serious travesty. DQVIII could use one of these as well. I'm sure Nintendo would love to get another crack at getting the only DQ game not released or in development for a Nintendo console.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I'm already going to buy a Vita, but this would make me buy it faster.