Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the most annoying boss fight you can think of?

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Surprising but Halo 2, the brute warlord. He was a right son of a bitch just because gravity hammer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff View Post
    Anyone who doesn't mention that rainbow boss from Dark Cloud 2 is wrong. That was some boring, annoying, tedious-ass trout.
    Rainbow boss? I don't remember much of Dark Cloud 2. Are you talking about the butterfly thing?
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Blog Entries

Yunalesca.

I've never yelled "YOU CHEATING SMURFING BITCH!!!" quite so much as in that fight... the controller got flung a few times too And I'm normally a calm person!

Doesn't help that when you die you have to sit through her 10 minute speech again.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    Yunalesca.

I've never yelled "YOU CHEATING SMURFING BITCH!!!" quite so much as in that fight... the controller got flung a few times too And I'm normally a calm person!

Doesn't help that when you die you have to sit through her 10 minute speech again.
    Thankfully, just before the fight I was reading something on Gamefaqs and I knew about her "Mega Death" move. Thank god I did! Still, she was difficult because you simply couldn't heal.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yiazmat is the first one that came to mind. The only boss battle I've quit, not out of frustration at the difficulty, but out of sheer boredom.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I found the Spectral Keeper boss in FFX to be really annoying. As was Yunalesca almost immediately afterwards. The former because the instant death and beserk moves, the latter because of the requirement to be in zombie status during her third form.

The other stupidly annoying boss is Robotnik at the end of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. You have no rings and it's really easy to hit the boss's arms or another part of him, killing yourself rather than landing a hit on him. It got to the point a while ago during a playthrough a couple of years ago when I started using save states in between hits on the boss because I was fed up of landing three or four hits before being slightly off in my aim.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The boss fight at the end of Super Ghouls 'N' Ghosts.

Not the actual fight itself. Just the fact that when you finish the final level and are about to enter his room... you get sent right back to start of the entire smurfing game.

If that had happened in Mario then the Princess would popping out 'Bowser-Babies' for all eternity...

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Gears of War 3 last boss, because it is just dumb. Just, I don't even want to think about it or revisit it ever. Probably the biggest abortion and letdown of a final boss I've ever seen in a game.

Other than that I'm struggling to think of a boss that gave me serious misery off the top of my head. I never got why Yunalesca was supposed to be so bad, I shredded her both times I played FFX. Besides everyone knows the worst boss in X is that smurfing under 0 seconds chocobo race horse trout good god I abhor murder but if I got locked into a room with the person who thought that was a good idea by the time the door was open i'd be wearing his/her skin as a hat accessorised with broken bits of tibula, with blood for blusher.

Eggman in Sonic Unleashed. Were they even trying to make him challenging!?! I will admit I would rather go through him than Eggman Land again but still!

Listen. Two compete for this spot. Bahamaut from FF3 and Ultimecia from FF8.

3 cause first time you fight him, he is unbeatable. It didn't occur to me to run or anything, I mean, I didn't know at the time. So I fought him. For THIRTY FREAKING MINUTES. Yeah, when I picked Run cause of aggravation and it worked, I didn't pick the game up for another 4 weeks.

8 cause she randomly brings people into the fight. Since every character is a blank slate in 8, I only ever have 3 equipped. Squall, Selphie, and Zell. Well... First time fighting her, guess who she bought in? Yeah, you guessed it. What a .