Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If they remake Final Fantasy 7...

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    It seems like there's a lot of contention among fans about who are good candidates for VAs if FF7 ever got remade.

I'd like to see them bring in some unknowns who are trying to get their career off of the ground, instead of someone who's already established when half of the fanbase doesn't like them. For something like an actual FF7 remake, I think they'd put a lot more care into who got the parts, instead of something like Kingdom Hearts or Dissidia.

And basically, any VA for an FF7 remake could get just about any job in the industry if they did well, I would imagine.
    I actually agree with this mentality. They could find someone new and then have them launch a successful career. Plus, it's always good to hear fresh talent instead of reusing the same actors over and over (e.g. most other JRPG dubs utilize the same talent pool, so after a while you get very familiar with people like JYB or Laura Bailey.) In fact, Tidus was one of JAT's first major roles, and now he's practically a VA superstar. Likewise, I noticed Ali Hillis's career really seems to have taken off after being cast as Lightning.

Now, just to clear things up a little, I honestly don't really like celebrities doing voice work because they're typically cast for name value rather than talent or how appropriate they are for the role. I'm a big fan of professional voice actors; in fact, I posted my cast for FFIX a while back in its subforum, and it was all real VAs. If they did an FFVII remake with voices, they would in all likelihood stick to the already-established cast from the compilation.

It was really my inner fanboy talking when I suggested DB for Cloud, because of his work as Angel. Realistically speaking, it's most likely not going to happen. Sorry for any confusion.
    Last edited by NinjaCoachZ; 01-03-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I for one wouldn't mind the script being altered, if only a little.
    Read my damned script.

Also, Yuri Lowenthal as Cloud.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRender View Post
    The only thing I want from an FF7 remake is enhanced character models and an all around graphic update. I am replaying the game now and I find myself smiling on scenes I probably shouldn't be because this game looks like FF: Lego Edition.

FF7 is a great game, but I have to say it has the worst graphics in the series. The GBA ports of 1-5 are nicer on the eyes and all version of 6 fare well. The backgrounds and scenery in FF7 can be butt ugly at times, character models (not counting combat) are lego people and I find it hard sometimes to see walkways and doors because everything looks the same.

I don't hold this against the game though as it was FF first step into new technology and the graphics were mind-blowing at the time. If any FF truly deserves a remake, it is definitely FF7.
    Afraid I have to disagree with you there. Both VIII and IX were worse. VII, bad as it may be, had a huge point in its favor. It's chibi style aesthetic softened the otherwise incredibly harsh limitations of the PSX. VIII and IX, going for a more detailed look, both wound up suffering immensely for it (which is why they're top on my list of games that need enhanced versions).

And, if they redid VII, while they can improve the graphics immensly, they'd better keep the aesthetics. I hated the direction they took with most of the Compilation. Crisis Core probably did the best job of recapturing the style (especially early on). And style is really, really important to FFVII.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

The only thing I want from an FF7 remake is enhanced character models and an all around graphic update. I am replaying the game now and I find myself smiling on scenes I probably shouldn't be because this game looks like FF: Lego Edition.

FF7 is a great game, but I have to say it has the worst graphics in the series. The GBA ports of 1-5 are nicer on the eyes and all version of 6 fare well. The backgrounds and scenery in FF7 can be butt ugly at times, character models (not counting combat) are lego people and I find it hard sometimes to see walkways and doors because everything looks the same.

I don't hold this against the game though as it was FF first step into new technology and the graphics were mind-blowing at the time. If any FF truly deserves a remake, it is definitely FF7.
    I'll add in they need to clean up the script. There is quite a bit of engrish floating around that game that could stand to be cleaned up.

Though I hope the leave 'This guy are sick', as it amuses me.

FFXIV Character

Nu Enhasa (Gilgamesh)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

Afraid I have to disagree with you there. Both VIII and IX were worse. VII, bad as it may be, had a huge point in its favor. It's chibi style aesthetic softened the otherwise incredibly harsh limitations of the PSX. VIII and IX, going for a more detailed look, both wound up suffering immensely for it (which is why they're top on my list of games that need enhanced versions).

And, if they redid VII, while they can improve the graphics immensly, they'd better keep the aesthetics. I hated the direction they took with most of the Compilation. Crisis Core probably did the best job of recapturing the style (especially early on). And style is really, really important to FFVII.
    I definitely like the feel of FF7, but it seems like they tried for a lot, but were limited by the techonology at the time. I don't want cute chibi graphics like the FF3/4 remake. I pretty much want FF7 to feel the same, just easier on the eyes.

I can agree with maybe some script enhancements as well, especially if it was mistranslated from the original Japanese release. The only other thing that kind of bothers me is:

spoiler?When you return to Midgar and visit the Church/Arie's home after her death with Cloud. How come there are no flashbacks, or dialogue, show how Cloud misses her!?!?!? =*(

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I swear I remember seeing Aeris' ghost floating about on one or two occasions. Maybe I'm just imagining it happened. o_x

I agree that VIII & IX are worse than VII graphic-wise, it felt like they were trying to work with a stronger machine than the PlayStation was.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

The whole Aerith's ghost thing is a well established event now actually. Not sure if it's deliberate or accidental, though if it was deliberate, I would love to see a slight expansion on that. Maybe a cutscene, with sad string music? Who knows.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Well, it is there before she's dead, and that kind of sounds like a glitch to me!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I thought something happens AFTER she dies, too? O_o

EDIT: Yup, Disk 2.

Quote Originally Posted by FF Wiki
    When returning to Midgar on Disc 2, Aeris comes into view on the flower bed, but flickers and disappears when the player moves across a certain spot on the ground, or attempts to leave the church. Moving across the spot on the ground when approaching the scene cancels the event permanently, as Aeris's appearance is a one-time-only event. It is actually possible to move next to her if the player moves past the spot next to the broken pew before the location fully loads. In this case Aeris will not disappear, but she cannot be interacted with. The two kids' dialogue is different while Aeris is on the screen, and changes after she has disappeared when the player moves across the designated spot. The player can only have the first set of dialogue if they use the aforementioned trick of moving past the spot that makes Aeris disappear before the area has fully loaded.

FFXIV Character

Nu Enhasa (Gilgamesh)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I thought something happens AFTER she dies, too? O_o

EDIT: Yup, Disk 2.

Quote Originally Posted by FF Wiki
    When returning to Midgar on Disc 2, Aeris comes into view on the flower bed, but flickers and disappears when the player moves across a certain spot on the ground, or attempts to leave the church. Moving across the spot on the ground when approaching the scene cancels the event permanently, as Aeris's appearance is a one-time-only event. It is actually possible to move next to her if the player moves past the spot next to the broken pew before the location fully loads. In this case Aeris will not disappear, but she cannot be interacted with. The two kids' dialogue is different while Aeris is on the screen, and changes after she has disappeared when the player moves across the designated spot. The player can only have the first set of dialogue if they use the aforementioned trick of moving past the spot that makes Aeris disappear before the area has fully loaded.

AAAhhhhhhhh!!!!! How did I possibly miss this!?!??! One of things I was most excited for was returning to Midgar to see a follow up scene. I only played this game through once when it came out and I missed so much because I didn't use a guide/look stuff up. This time around I have a guide in hand and I'm enjoying all the hidden stuff. I obviously don't use the guide enough those since I missed this =\

It's not in the official guide, or the ultimate guide that I have. I've never seen it before.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I wouldn't call it a scene, but it is there for a second or so if you move in immediately. Still, I think it showed that the memory was there in Cloud's head when he got there, a tiny little thing but it does make it significant enough.

I've never heard of this. Though due now to all the talk of it, I could swear I've seen it once... maybe on YouTube through someone's video of a hacked game.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

I seem to recall that it was a glitch, part of the game rerunning past data, specifically, the scene where you first encounter Aeris. When she's near the flowers and Cloud is exploring the church, and can talk to Reno. Walking back towards the flowers, which would trigger the confrontation/escape (the "don't walk on the flowers" scene), initiates a check which makes the game realize you're past that point, and removes Aeris, who should never have been there.

But, that's just what I remember hearing about it. It could have just been a theory or explanation.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

guys

what if ghosts

what if ghosts

are glitches of real life

i don't care if it was intentional or not though, i saw it happen before reading about it and i thought it was spectacular. there's a lot of little things in ff7 that might not make it into the remake and that would ruin some of the magic.