Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If they remake Final Fantasy 7...

Articles
    Blog Entries

-Improved graphics.
    -Voice acting, but please get different ones.
    -Improved script, without factoring in the Compilation.
    -New materia, spells, and side-quests.

Beyond that, nothing.

No Crisis Core stuff. One mention of Genesis and I'm taking out the CD and giving it to a dog so he can play Frisbee with it.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Some bonus dungeons would be nice - I can think of 1 or 2 obvious choices.

Articles

Don't touch anything but the graphics, and making Tifa's boobs jiggle.

Quote Originally Posted by WildRaubtier View Post
    Some bonus dungeons would be nice - I can think of 1 or 2 obvious choices.
    I don't know what 1 references. You want Diamond to be an optional dungeon?
    I can understand Sapphire. That'd be awesome. But we've already killed Diamond.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

the corpses are the dungeons

seriously they get blown away and then just disappear? DUMB, let's see what goes on inside

Yeah... I guess that works.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I can only hope that a Final Fantasy VII would leave out the entire Compilation or at least give it a more organized structure. I feel like the expanded universe of the game has left out a lot of fans, and most people would be dissatisfied with plot changes if it removes it from the original product.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mage Coffman View Post
    No Angeal or Genesis.
    I could see the remake putting in "secret files" talking about them. In order to keep it canon and true to the original game, they could have them stashed away in a floor of Shinra HQ you didn't get to explore in the original release, or something like that.

Yep, like or not, they're here to stay. I'd personally like it if there some method of unlocking a secret file in the Shinra HQ (maybe on return to Midgar like for CS' HP Shout {name needs to change IMO}) about Project Deepground and Zirconiade and the Weapons: Jade and Omega. Maybe you could obtain some kind of item/materia/weapon somehow related to the Comp games.

EDIT: Also, they could supply some explanation for how Reeve controls Cait Sith. Is this a natural ability? Did Reeve build the robot? Why has Reeve, the Urban Development guy, been made a spy among Cloud's group. Why not one of the Turks? Is Reeve a project of Shinra just like any other SOLDIER? Is he part of another string of experiments like the Bounts on BLEACH?
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 12-16-2012 at 06:31 AM.

They need to add the Gray Chocobo, and the new WEAPON under the marsh that people have been trolling others with for years now.

I think it would be nice if they did a fully 2-D FF7. It would be interesting, cheap, and easy.

And as for the Compilation, I'd be perfectly fine with the new scenes being included somehow. It's not going to ruin the story...how could it? It's one of the best stories, you can push and pull it every which way, but it still seems correct.

Just no option to resurrect Aeris. Oh yeah, spoiler alert.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    -Voice acting, but please get different ones.
    Agreed, but can we keep Steve Blum and Beau Billingslea, and tell the latter to voice Barret like Jet Black rather than a Mr. T caricature?

I feel like I should clarify that this is not just because I'm a huge Bebop fan, I just happen to think VIncent's voice worked, and whenever I listened to CB's english dub, I always felt Jet Black's voice could pass for Barret (I never knew they were voiced by the same guy).
    Returners Represent!

I personally liked the voice Sephiroth has on the fight versus Genesis and Angeal (I saw it on youtube, I have no idea where it comes from), but I've heard they changed his voice actor, so I'm not sure if that is the old one or the new one.
    I think that being able to choose between voice acting and text would be great, God knows I probably would have chosen text in X, but aside from that, I agree with what everybody said. Improved graphics, optional dungeons, so on, so on.
    Winning the bloody materia on the Chocobo races could be simplified and maybe some more interesting stuff to do with the Gold Saucer
    "Eternities aren't as long as they used to be".

In addition to everything that's been said, I would LOVE to see the chocobo race tracks in HD! Also, more race tracks. That was such a fun part of the game!
    Basically, there needs to be more games at the Golden Saucer! Maybe there could be more fighting sims like the training room at Shinra HQ used in CC...