Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If they remake Final Fantasy 7...

Default If they remake Final Fantasy 7...

I hope they leave the story the way it is... just with better graphics and some extra dungeons, side content...
    Although I like Crisis core, I do love Zack's story, I really hope to god they do not include Genesis or Angeal.. It would make FF7 lose it's flavor.. if that makes any sense..
    My CDs have sold but no worries... I have the limited edition FF7 psp for sale and all the FF GBA games for sale...

FF7 Limited edition PSP and 7 games:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321021805567...84.m1555.l2649

Nintendo DS Lite with ALL FF GBA Games:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321021811057...84.m1555.l2649

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I agree, with your sentiments about Angeal and Genesis. Those two characters were never, ever mentioned in the original game and yet in Zack's story they were the best of the best of the best and gave challenge to Sephiroth. If that were true, I'm sure we'd have heard about them.

I could totally go for some side dungeons though, something a little bit harder than the E&R Weapons.

Agreed. A remake should have some extra content, better graphics, MAYBE better music. If they could do it right. Some remixes are just awful. But yeah. No Angeal or Genesis.

Genesis for the win!

In a remake, I want to be able to fight some of those men in black cloaks.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah they really can't alter that story or all hell would break loose... it's probably one of the reasons why they haven't done the remake and most likely never will. FFVII is fine the way it is anyhow. I like Cloud's pig feet.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If they remake FFVII they better not make it voice over, or at the very least have the option to choose between voice and classic text.

Mirror's Edge action it up! I want to see how it looks to jump off the train at the start and immediately slash two mps' legs out then climb down into the mako reactor and so forth.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

More. Realistic. Graphix.

That... is great.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

If they remade FF7, no one would be satisfied because of the unrealistically high expectations everyone would be having.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I am now in love
    Thanks to the pic just above
    Sephex rocks a lot

Rounded Polygon

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    If they remade FF7, no one would be satisfied because of the unrealistically high expectations everyone would be having.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Mirror's Edge action it up! I want to see how it looks to jump off the train at the start and immediately slash two mps' legs out then climb down into the mako reactor and so forth.
    This would make me cry at the start of the game simply for the reason that it's just too awesome to play and should just be left to watch... not play :P

Replaying the game currently I can say outside graphics, the other additions I think the game pretty much needs is an improvement on the script. A lot of what people say is random, or something that encourages more discussion....that everyone ignores and completely drops. The dialogue in the game in general is pretty shaky at times and just feels very awkward, now I'm not one for normal everyday dialogue in a game, but reading through the dialogue in this game makes it feel so weird. So I propose a good change to make it flow a lot better and make people talk about relevant stuff instead of swapping topics for a single sentence and dropping the topic completely.

I also wouldn't mind for a little more expanded interaction with some party members, a lot of them tend to just drop into obscurity after their little story quest, for example Red XIII, after Cosmos Canyon it feels like he could have been removed completely and the game would play out the same way. So in terms of new content I would love to see more back story or character interactions with party mmbers to make them feel like they really belong in the group, even in disc 3.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    conversational expansion jutsu! I also wouldn't mind for a little more expanded interaction with some party members, a lot of them tend to just drop into obscurity after their little story quest, for example Red XIII, after Cosmos Canyon it feels like he could have been removed completely and the game would play out the same way. So in terms of new content I would love to see more back story or character interactions with party mmbers to make them feel like they really belong in the group, even in disc 3.
    I wonder if finding a way to cure Seto was originally a part of the sidequest list. I'd like to learn more about Bugenhagen and why the smurf can he float? Obviously, Vincent's story should be expanded for those who refuse to pick up DoC. Yuffie's should be expanded for those who refuse to pick up Crisis Core. You ever pick up on how Barret doesn't actually mention anything about Corel until you get there, despite obviously heading in that direction. Does he honestly not remember where his hometown was?

Aside: More enemies (particularly SOLDIER 3rd-1st) should have LIMIT breaks, though I don't know how that would work. But I think the LIMIT should be identifiable as being preceded by that glowy ring that proceeds the player characters using a LIMIT break.
    Also, I think the process of learning Level 4 should be deeper albeit only slightly. You win Omnislash as a prize from the Battle Arena, but what does that mean? Maybe Dio is actually an expert swordsman and displays the technique for Cloud to study once (thus if Cloud is ready, it makes sense that he can learn it right away, but if he's not, when he is, he'll figure it out thus it still makes sense). Tifa gets hers from Zangan's letter... I think it should come with a flashback of Zangan trying to teach her the technique only to find she was not yet ready. Barret's is acquired from N.Corel but the attack doesn't look like one which can be "learned" (in fact, it's blatantly impossible), so I don't know about that one. Aerith's can be acquired multiple times from the "weapon seller" outside Gongaga (a glitch which should be repaired)... HELLA makes no sense. Yuffie earns hers from her father via combat: easily explained. Vincent gets his from Lucrecia in that hidden cave: again, easy. Cid's is found in the crashed Gelnika: could just be said to be a manual about an unknown combat function the Shinra ships all possess. Nanaki: it's pretty weird that he obtains his from the optional battle with Lost Number preceding one's potentially recruiting Vincent ( being simply two additional steps from said). It would make more sense for him to earn it in Cosmo Canyon unless they could explain how Lost Number is somehow related to the valley.