Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros. 64 and Melee and Smash 4 Discussion

Articles
    Blog Entries

I Like Ike! I like his personality in game. I literally just choose characters based on how I like them.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I only ever played Melee but Zelda and Roy (?) were my favourites. Although Yoshi was awesome for the Send the punching bag as far as you could!

Blog Entries

I just played Melee earlier and whooped all my friends' asses with Jigglypuff.

My favorite Smash game is actually Brawl, mainly for the roster and the amount of unlockable stuff. I don't really play Smash competitively so because of that I'm barely interested in Melee. I love 64 though.

In 64 I use Captain Falcon mainly. In Melee, Falco. Secondary is Roy. Sometimes I use Falcon or Ness. In percentages I'd say I use Falco about 40% of the time, Roy 30%, Falcon 15% and Ness 15%. Then in Brawl I mostly use Lucas and R.O.B.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Characters I tend to play with include Samus, Kirby (who I think is one of the most fun), Marth, (Roy in Melee), Zelda and Captain Falcon, with the occasional foray with Ganondorf.

I don't own a Wii, and so I only played the odd game of Brawl, but Melee was a game my friends and I played to death. Absolutely love it. We used to have most of Tuesday off school/college and used to spend the day before our 2 or 3pm classes playing Halo 2/3 and SSB:M. I miss those days!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGhost View Post
    I think I'm in a bad area to play in then. Mango has actually gone to the tournament I've been to. I believe my friend said Mew2King has gone before too.
    Well... as long as the other players at the tournament is nowhere near their level, you can always play some more fair matches I guess? xD

Did you get to play against Mango or M2K by the way?
    Haha, most of the other players are still better than I am.

I haven't played either, and I'm not sure if I'd want to. They'd both dominate me. Especially Mango.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Either my dog is a lot smarter than I think she is, or Mango is somebody I've never heard of.
    He's pretty much the most brutal Jigglypuff player in the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGhost View Post
    He's pretty much the most brutal Jigglypuff player in the game.
    He has been playing Fox more than Puff recently though. At least in the matches I've seen. Also, he got some competition from hungrybox for best Puff now, though I believe Mango might still be a little better with Puff.

I know that hungrybox + Kage did manage to beat Mango + DrPeePee in teams not too long ago though. But teams is different from singles, and one set doesn't really determine who's better. But still.

Here's the video, for those interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmocEuTErr8

Speaking of Jigglypuff... that's the only character Armada hates to face with Peach. And so, he got a counter-pick character against Puff only. That character is Young Link. xD
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 11-16-2012 at 05:20 AM.

I love the irony of sending Pikachu sky-high.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I only play with my brothers and I like playing Yoshi and Kirby. Basically I just sit on the stage spamming egg toss at them and they can't get near me. So yeah, no where near tournament level.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I only play with my brothers and I like playing Yoshi and Kirby. Basically I just sit on the stage spamming egg toss at them and they can't get near me. So yeah, no where near tournament level.
    When I'm being devious (and there's people to play with) I like playing as Kirby, engulfing them and while their still inside Kirby walk off the stage and commit suicide. Kills both me and them! Actually, I can win this way if I have the lead.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My brother does that to me with DK too.

I also like using Kirby's Up+B move to slam people down into the pit.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Kirbycide. You can do it with his back throw as well, if you're close enough to the edge. You can survive with kirby after inhaling them, if you release at the right time. Believe it or not that trick actually works pretty well even on mid-level players if you only use it once.

Blog Entries

I don't usually play Kirby, but when I do, I try to pull that off at least once every match. I usually get punished for it against people on my own level or close to it, but I have managed to pull it off as an effective edge-guard a few times (jump out and swallow them off-stage, then spit them out to somewhere they can't recover from).

On-stage, the opponent's % is quite important though. It's possible to get out of being swallowed (or grabbed in DK's case) by basically button-mashing a lot. So if the opponent knows about the trick, they can get free before you even manage to jump off the stage at lower %. The more % you have, the more time it takes to get free though. Still, if you are fast enough you can break free pretty quickly even at medium %-ranges. But it's true that lots of people just don't see it coming the first time.

Also... anyone here who has tried out Project M? It's basically a fan-made patch for Brawl that makes it more melee-like and balances lots of the characters. Sadly for me, there is no version of it yet that works on the european version of Brawl. =O

It's an epic moment when you get a kirbycide one someone though The look on their face is the best.

I've heard great things about Project M. I don't have a Wii anymore though, so probably won't get a chance to play it for some time.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Never owned Melee so my experience with that game is minimal. I've only tried it out at tournies, but I did own the original. I think I mained Link and Kirby in that one.

For what I want to see in the next game is the removal or random tripping, Lil' Mac and Paper Mario as a playable characters. All the modes and extras from Brawl.

Blog Entries

I love 64, and I LOVE Melee. I mostly play 64 since I can't get Dolphin to work on my laptop and I don't have any spare USB ports to play Melee on my desktop without using the keyboard (and I hate using the Wii and the Gamecube is in storage :freak

I went to a Melee tournament once and played one of the guys who was actually competing in-between matches. I beat him pretty easily. He ended up making second place in the tournament... Makes me wonder if i should have entered myself
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้